United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-04-2022, 12:54 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
You’re claiming things that none of us know. What we do know is that he was brought in as an interim manger - and he’s been awful at that. We believe he will be appointed as m a consultant - but hasn’t been appointed yet and hasn’t done that job as far as we know.

What we do know is that both the previous manager and chief exec were effectively sacked and therefore significant changes were always going to happen irrespective of Ralf.

From all accounts Ralf had nothing to do with ETH’s appointment either.

So, the only thing we absolutely do know is that he was brought in as interim manager and in that respect, he’s been a £#%&!ing disaster. Everything else is unsubstantiated opinion.

“You’re claiming things that none of us know” yet here we go:
From all accounts Ralf had nothing to do with ETH’s appointment either. … all in your unsubstantiated opinion.

You are cherry picking what he does and doesn’t do. He was brought in as a consultant, so do you really think the suits tell him to shut his gob because he is not a consultant yet? You’ve made up your mind and will stick with it come what may. The club is rotten from top to bottom. The players,mths owners,the coaches, the scouting staff and like a £#%&!ing metronome the chorus starts yet again: “it’s the managers fault” even after he has only been here a few months with no players of his own. He has almost systematically tried and dismissed the shit@#%&!s and sidelined them where he can. . Does the message ever get through. He has little control over the players, like every manager before him. I suppose he could scream at the lazy @#%&!s.

Unread 30-04-2022, 01:00 AM
Ethers

Rangnick himself has confirmed he hasn’t spoken to Ten Hag.

Unread 30-04-2022, 01:15 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Rangnick himself has confirmed he hasn’t spoken to Ten Hag.
So this means he wasn’t consulted?

Oh,forgot: the consultant isn’t allowed to consult yet

He might well be a shit manager. I just don’t think it was the main point of recruiting him while they were buying time before a manager had been appointed. Handed the remains of Ole’s squad that had given up. Minus Greenwood, Cavani and Martial. His brief to come in and help identify the problems. No money for the transfer window. Every single manager gets the blame. All the bleating about Mou throwing the poor little shits “under the bus” and now duh… he was right and it was Woodwards fault. Hasn’t anyone noticed a pattern here? They’ve all been working with one hand tied behind their back… and here we go again, but Ralf has had both hands tied behind back. Not given one single player and he’s “worse than Moyes. The suits had probably written the season off and told him to rip,it up and start again but we’re bitching and moaning because he hasn’t turned Pogba/Rashford into Maradonna. It’s all broken, lads. Some of you are like £#%&!ing goldfish… same tune every time. He hasn’t turned it all around in a couple of months so he’s shit. Jesus.

Mou called the “ virus” shit @#%&!s out = @#%&!

Ole thought they were all lovely and smiled too much = @#%&!

Ralf = calls the players out for not playing = @#%&!

Unread 30-04-2022, 07:05 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell

He might well be a shit manager. I just don’t think it was the main point of recruiting him while they were buying time before a manager had been appointed. Handed the remains of Ole’s squad that had given up. Minus Greenwood, Cavani and Martial. His brief to come in and help identify the problems. No money for the transfer window. Every single manager gets the blame. All the bleating about Mou throwing the poor little shits “under the bus” and now duh… he was right and it was Woodwards fault. Hasn’t anyone noticed a pattern here? They’ve all been working with one hand tied behind their back… and here we go again, but Ralf has had both hands tied behind back. Not given one single player and he’s “worse than Moyes. The suits had probably written the season off and told him to rip,it up and start again but we’re bitching and moaning because he hasn’t turned Pogba/Rashford into Maradonna. It’s all broken, lads. Some of you are like £#%&!ing goldfish… same tune every time. He hasn’t turned it all around in a couple of months so he’s shit. Jesus.

This is more or less where I am with it all. We’re at a point where it’s becoming apparent many of the squad don’t even have professional pride. The effort levels are mind bogglingly bad.

Unread 30-04-2022, 07:15 AM
windy waffles

Quote:

Post.

Unread 30-04-2022, 07:41 AM
Patty_b

Quote:

Think the reason for the disappointment in Ralf is more to do with the diabolical results, and despite the constant talk about how shit everyone is, he plays them anyway (Phil Jones against Arsenal & Liverpool ffs ).

We know the players are £#%&!, maybe he doesn't need to keep saying it, that might help him to actually get a bit more out of them. And maybe with some of the diabolical results and performances he needs to look a bit closer to home, rather than just laying all the blame on everyone else in the club.

He's been an atrocious manager. Couldn't give a £#%&! if he's been a good 'consultant', his job now is as our manager, and he's been £#%&!ing £#%&! at it. That is not a controversial thing to say looking at the results we've had under his management.

Unread 30-04-2022, 08:49 AM
AK14

Thumbs up

Quote:

All of this.

Unread 30-04-2022, 09:03 AM
Bunker Buster

What a load of bullshit ....

He's being called out as a shit manager because he's a shit manager....

Our lowest ever premier League points total, humiliated by our rivals, lost at everton, wolves, draws against utter fodder...... absolutely bat shit team selections, no plan or implementation of ideas.....

He's was employed as an interim MANAGER, not as some expert in calling out shit players on daft contracts

Unread 30-04-2022, 09:17 AM
Hyman_Roth

I don’t think anyone is saying the players aren’t hugely responsible or the club. Everyone has been calling this out for years.

Just that Ralf has actually found a way of making a shit show even worse. people are forgiving all that because they’re delighted it shines a spotlight on the players.

It’s conflating two related but separate issues.

Unread 30-04-2022, 09:36 AM
Dr Stranger

I’m not sure anyone is still saying he’s doing a good job, are they? Maybe a few weeks ago, but not now. I think we all agree on what we’re seeing, perhaps just not the conclusion.

His failure to get a tune out of them just adds to the list of a wide range of managers that also couldn’t do it. Even if it was temporarily decent, it all ended the same way: leaks, laziness and implosion.

For each manager that fails, it points even more to the players, in my opinion. Especially when the managers have such a range of personalities and styles.

They didn’t like mourinho because he was mean. They got a mate in, a nice guy. They liked him, but then they start questioning his ability as a coach. So we get a coach in and then they don’t like to be coached.

I don’t think pointing this out and underlining the train wreck he inherited is in any way praising him. I expected him to do a better job and I’m sure he did too, but calling him a ‘fraud’ and that he’s ‘stealing a living’ (or this weird obsession with this job somehow affecting his ability to do an entirely different job) is all misdirected and draws attention away from where it should be: on the way the club is run and the horrendous attitude of the playing staff.

Every time I watch us now, I reminded more of what a busted flush this group is and how we wasted 10 years and about a billion quid, rather some missed opportunity because we got the wrong interim in.

Unread 30-04-2022, 09:36 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
I don’t think anyone is saying the players aren’t hugely responsible or the club. Everyone has been calling this out for years.

Just that Ralf has actually found a way of making a shit show even worse. people are forgiving all that because they’re delighted it shines a spotlight on the players.

It’s conflating two related but separate issues.
FWIW, I hate everybody currently involved with the club, Ronaldo aside.

Unread 30-04-2022, 09:48 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
he's great at telling us what the problems are ( as if we all didnt know already ) not so great at taking any action to sort it out
Judge gone, plenty of players going on a free rather that assets being secured, convincing the board that most of our players have been living in a comfort bubble.

He deserves more credit than he’s been given. The players have tried to throw him under the same bus as Jse and Ole but he’s come out on top.

Unread 30-04-2022, 09:50 AM
Bunker Buster

MORE credit

£#%&!ing hell ...

Unread 30-04-2022, 09:52 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
MORE credit

£#%&!ing hell ...
People are giving him £#%&! all. He deserves more than £#%&! all.

Unread 30-04-2022, 09:53 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Ralf, we’ve been talking on Fred and we’re pleased to tell you that your credit has been elevated to ‘some’.

Unread 30-04-2022, 10:06 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Not what I'm seeing online and IRL......

He's being LORDED...

A "pallette cleanser ' I've read this week ...

Unread 30-04-2022, 10:12 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Not what I'm seeing online and IRL......

He's being LORDED...

A "pallette cleanser ' I've read this week ...
Saw a thread on Reddit yesterday about him getting the Austria job. It felt like I'd fallen into another dimension where he'd led us to Champions League glory.

Or at least not seen us out of the FA Cup against a Championship side and performed like we have in the league.

Unread 30-04-2022, 10:27 AM
dunk

It’s honestly insane. I had high hopes when he arrived due to the constant online narrative that it was all Ole’s fault and they just needed a proper coach rather than a ‘PE teacher’ absolute £#%&!ing nonsense. We’ve gone backwards at a rate of knots. His impact his been nil. Carrick had a greater impact, by miles, even if it was only 3 games.

Someone said (may have been Jammy) that the dressing room issues all stem from a split between pro and anti ole leading up to his demise, some truth there I reckon, as all seemed together just last season and fell apart very quickly this. I can imagine Carrick remained well liked and all were prepared to pull together while he was in charge. Ralf, ‘Mr Personality’, has clearly made existing divisions worse and probably created a couple more, and has then leafed through the Mou playbook and called them out in public. Now I know most were screaming for Ole to call them out etc. but most seem unable to gather that the manager’s job is to get the best out of the players at all times, while obviously moving aside those that are a problem/not good enough subtly. Pretty clear Ole did this well in the first couple of years of his tenure, whether the players he was presented with as replacements were of the required character and standard is another thing entirely. Ralf has done absolutely nothing of the sort, he’s just dug a deeper rut for them to fester in imo. Which makes the climb out all the harder, unless the owners decide to go for revolution and bin the lot of the underperforming prima donna £#%&!ers.

Unread 30-04-2022, 10:32 AM
Coracao

Ole and Ralf have both been useless.

Hopefully the next one is an improvement.

Unread 30-04-2022, 10:34 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Ole and Ralf have both been useless.

Hopefully the next one is an improvement.
Looking forward to our away winning streak under Ole being brought up as soon as ETH loses his first away game.

Or not if this place is gone before then
Closed Thread