United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-04-2022, 10:52 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Thought his presser yesterday was outstanding. Calling our Bailly and the first person at the club in sometime to give long term ideas and a true assessment of players rather than snide jabs. Seems he really wants to help fix things.
Yep.

I don’t get the “stating the obvious” argument either.

Since when has a United employee (in a position of a certain amount of power) “stated the obvious” and said what us fans have been shouting about for years?

It’s been pretty shit on the pitch, but I’m of the opinion that it would have been not matter who was brought in. We were broken at the time he took over, still are tbf. But he’s identified the problems, called out the structure of the club, called out the players on multiple occasions and made it so there’s nowhere to hide for the @#%&!s.

Unread 23-04-2022, 10:53 AM
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
What the f*** are you talking about?
Whoosh…

Unread 23-04-2022, 10:58 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
Whoosh…
Ahh, so broken biscuits then, cool.

Unread 23-04-2022, 11:03 AM
AK14

Very honest assessment imo.

Short term pain for long term success. Ralf knows what he’s doing nqat.

Unread 23-04-2022, 11:07 AM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Pretty sure it’s been unanimous that Ralf has talked a good game (mostly the obvious) in the pressers tbh.
He'll be £#%&!ed off soon just like Jose was.

Unread 23-04-2022, 11:17 AM
Bobda

Just wants what is the best for the club, really hope he stays.

ETH will need his common sense behind the scenes when the club are busy having the next hole we dig ourselves sponsored by JCB.

Unread 23-04-2022, 11:21 AM
Dr Stranger

He has a refreshing objectivity we haven’t really had. So many of the suits have been here in some capacity for years. We’ve got ex players and pundits banging on about the United way like it means anything.

There’s been an awful lot of denial that we’re close to something, when nights like Tuesday only reveal just how far away we are.

This guy has just looked at us, said we’re shit and outlined a pathway out. No attachment to the club, not mates with any players and doesn’t even really have a position to protect. He looks like he’ll be happy enough if the club £#%&! him off tomorrow. He’s not losing anything.

I really do hope that brining him in and identifying someone like ETH, along with shaking things up above him is at the very least an indication that something needs to change.

This season feels like rock bottom.

And that’s good in the sense that we’re not kidding ourselves that there is progress, that we’ll just tick along. There seems to be a universal acceptance that we are shit and it all needs tearing out and starting again….and some signs that we might actually be prepared to do that

Unread 23-04-2022, 11:23 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Very honest assessment imo.

https://twitter.com/medullaryred/sta...mtaehBRVTrTu2A

Short term pain for long term success. Ralf knows what he’s doing nqat.
Quite convenient he said it’s nothing to do with the managers quality.

Hard to disagree with anything else he said, even if it feels very easy to say it all now.

Unread 23-04-2022, 11:39 AM
silv

He was brought in as interim to assess the situation and help guide us to a new path

It appears we are on that path.

Unread 23-04-2022, 11:43 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
He was brought in as interim to assess the situation and help guide us to a new path

It appears we are on that path.
Was he? After 3 months of the season, still in 3 competitions? Really?

And for all his pointing out the failings of the team in interviews, Ole did the same practically all of the time, while still attempting to keep the set of @#%&!s on the pitch on side as, clearly, he knew that this situation could occur. Fair play to Ralf for coming in and being slightly more specific and critical, but he's got the square root of £#%&! all out of the majority of them and had £#%&! all to lose.

I hope he sticks about and has useful input moving forward, as he seems to understand what needs doing.

Unread 23-04-2022, 11:45 AM
Dr Stranger

We were in three competitions in the same way Norwich were going for the treble in August.

Unread 23-04-2022, 11:45 AM
Bunker Buster

Never want to see a United manager in my lifetime wear a fully brown jumper again....

He talks well and brings up some good points but he's actually the manager of the team, was it too much to see that in practice ?

Unread 23-04-2022, 11:46 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
We were in three competitions in the same way Norwich we’re going for the treble in August.

Unread 23-04-2022, 11:48 AM
Ethers

Quote:
We were in three competitions in the same way Norwich we’re going for the treble in August.
That doesn’t make any sense, sorry.

Unread 23-04-2022, 11:51 AM
saffers

Quote:

Unread 23-04-2022, 11:51 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Never want to see a United manager in my lifetime wear a fully brown jumper again....

He talks well and brings up some good points but he's actually the manager of the team, was it too much to see that in practice ?
With this group, apparently so. It was telling how quickly he abandoned his patented 4-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2 formation. Looked half decent against Palace, all over the place against Norwich the following week and I’m not sure we saw it again after that. Little glimpses early on, but it wasn’t long before they were moaning about having to do homework and receding into old habits.

Up until around the city game, I thought he was doing a decent job, nothing spectacular, in difficult circumstances. It’s spiralled til then to the point that I don’t think anyone could say he’s done a good job with a straight face….

…. But it shouldn’t distract from the bigger issues. Which is everything else around him. That’s the big problem and no interim was ever turning this lot around in six months. I’ll be happy if it takes six years.

Unread 23-04-2022, 11:52 AM
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
That doesn’t make any sense, sorry.
apostrophy catastrophy !

Unread 23-04-2022, 11:54 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
apostrophy catastrophy !
Ah yes, I see the typo. Which obviously completely baffled Ethers.

Unread 23-04-2022, 11:59 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
We are the many, you are the few.

Gassed up little #@&%!, go start an Ole worshipping forum.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Wont have much longer to deal with you. How’s poch doing be something else you’ll deny

Quote:
Was he? After 3 months of the season, still in 3 competitions? Really?

And for all his pointing out the failings of the team in interviews, Ole did the same practically all of the time, while still attempting to keep the set of @#%&!s on the pitch on side as, clearly, he knew that this situation could occur. Fair play to Ralf for coming in and being slightly more specific and critical, but he's got the square root of £#%&! all out of the majority of them and had £#%&! all to lose.

I hope he sticks about and has useful input moving forward, as he seems to understand what needs doing.

Love dunk

Unread 23-04-2022, 12:13 PM
Bunker Buster

Got his "Dog walking" coat on today
Closed Thread