United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-04-2022, 08:28 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Straight from Orners.

“ Similarly, Rangnick’s involvement was minimal. United preferred him to concentrate on preparing the team. Any discussions about the next manager were kept brief”

Keep deluding yourselves lads. He’s been an utter disaster and contributed nothing.
So they brought him in specifically to teach Shaw and McTommers to Gengenpress?

Right that’ll be it

Unread 22-04-2022, 08:39 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
So they brought him in specifically to teach Shaw and McTommers to Gengenpress?

Right that’ll be it

Only way we'll know for sure is if Ralf is sacked after last game of season. Think a few on here may be surprised, and no doubt disappointed.

Although knowing how incompetent we are, would not be surprised if he is fired while the likes of Fletcher get over-promoted.

Unread 22-04-2022, 08:39 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Straight from Orners.

“ Similarly, Rangnick’s involvement was minimal. United preferred him to concentrate on preparing the team. Any discussions about the next manager were kept brief”

Keep deluding yourselves lads. He’s been an utter disaster and contributed nothing.
tbf he's lasered in on key home truths about the set-up, such as 'most of the squad are shit'

Unread 22-04-2022, 09:20 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
tbf he's lasered in on key home truths about the set-up, such as 'most of the squad are shit'
Tbf, he’s been able to identify some huge shortcomings in the squad that previously no one really had a clue about. Lingard for example - held in huge regard by united fans the world over - unbeknown to the world, lingard had actually delivered £#%&! all in his years here and was in fact seeking a route out of the club. He’d apparently had a loan spell at West Ham and had expressed a desire to secure the move permanently. News to me too.

Thank £#%&! Ralph stepped in a played him repeatedly - at the expense of youth players and others that actually wanted to be at the club - otherwise, none of these shortcomings would have come to light.

The guvnor

Unread 22-04-2022, 09:53 AM
Drexl

The anti-Ralfs might have a point if Ralf was backed in the January transfer window. He wasn't. Hhhmmmm wonder why. In fact, with outgoings, he actually has a weaker squad than Ole left

Lingard would have gone if the Greenwood shite hadn't come to light at that specific time.

But yeah: Ralf's fault that Pogba cannot be arsed. Ralf's fault that Slab is shit. Ralf's fault that everyone £#%&!s off on holiday whenever they want and that they all do hammies whenever they have to break into a jog.

Honestly just sounds to my ears that blokes with tears in their eyes need someone to blame. And it's never with a clear argument, just sarcasm.

Each to their own, I guess.

Unread 22-04-2022, 09:56 AM
AK14

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
The anti-Ralfs might have a point if Ralf was backed in the January transfer window. He wasn't. Hhhmmmm wonder why. In fact, with outgoings, he actually has a weaker squad than Ole left

Lingard would have gone if the Greenwood shite hadn't come to light at that specific time.

But yeah: Ralf's fault that Pogba cannot be arsed. Ralf's fault that Slab is shit. Ralf's fault that everyone £#%&!s off on holiday whenever they want and that they all do hammies whenever they have to break into a jog.

Honestly just sounds to my ears that blokes with tears in their eyes need someone to blame. And it's never with a clear argument, just sarcasm.

Must spread etc.

Unread 22-04-2022, 09:57 AM
Jethro

Ralph seems to have boiled a lot of piss

Unread 22-04-2022, 10:07 AM
Stickman

Pivotal character.

Ralph

Unread 22-04-2022, 10:17 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

What are you on about?

Tears in their eyes a real saffers type post.

From my perspective, all it is is that he’s been a bit of a disaster. Do I put that all down to Ralph - absolutely not. He’s been dealt a shit hand by our shit club and shit players but he’s also comprehensively failed by every metric you could measure him by. I’m not particularly mad at him - out abject failure is good in some ways because it shines a brighter light on where the club is at but I’m struggling to believe that another interim couldn’t have galvanised this sorry bunch in a better way.

I said when he was appointed and he went out and got loads of no mark American coaches that this wouldn’t go well and I thought we’d end up 5th or 6th. And so it is. Performances wise, it’s worked out worse than I thought it would. The team have comprehensively rejected Ralph’s methods and decisions and that of his MLS nobodies. Is that on them - certainly - but could another coach not have got more from these @#%&!s? Defo imo.

What I find incredible is anyone suggesting Ralph has been in any way successful. Has he £#%&!.

Unread 22-04-2022, 10:29 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
What are you on about?

From my perspective, all it is is that he’s been a bit of a disaster. Do I put that all down to Ralph - absolutely not. He’s been dealt a shit hand by our shit club and shit players but he’s also comprehensively failed by every metric you could measure him by. I’m not particularly mad at him - out abject failure is good in some ways because it shines a brighter light on where the club is at but I’m struggling to believe that another interim couldn’t have galvanised this sorry bunch in a better way.

I said when he was appointed and he went out and got loads of no mark American coaches that this wouldn’t go well and I thought we’d end up 5th or 6th. And so it is. Performances wise, it’s worked out worse than I thought it would. The team have comprehensively rejected Ralph’s methods and decisions and that of his MLS nobodies. Is that on them - certainly - but could another coach not have got more from these @#%&!s? Defo imo.

What I find incredible is anyone suggesting Ralph has been in any way successful. Has he £#%&!.
This.

I don't have much against him, he's somewhere at the back of the queue of people at United who need punching.

I just don't really understand what he was hired for. People have said there was 'half a season' left when he joined. It was November/December ffs. There was plenty left to play for and no need to write it off.

If it turns out that hiring him led directly to the club sorting its shit out, getting ten Hag, etc then fair enough. Maybe it needed him to do that, instead of Ole the yes man.

It's just that I expected, not silverware, but some sort of visible improvement that consists of more than losing to Liverpool 4-0 instead of 5-0. And I'm struggling to see any improvement at all

Unread 22-04-2022, 10:32 AM
Stickman

Quote:
This.

I don't have much against him, he's somewhere at the back of the queue of people at United who need punching.

Unread 22-04-2022, 10:34 AM
Coracao

Quote:
This.

I just don't really understand what he was hired for. People have said there was 'half a season' left when he joined. It was November/December ffs. There was plenty left to play for and no need to write it off.

If it turns out that hiring him led directly to the club sorting its shit out, getting ten Hag, etc then fair enough. Maybe it needed him to do that, instead of Ole the yes man.

It's just that I expected, not silverware, but some sort of visible improvement that consists of more than losing to Liverpool 4-0 instead of 5-0. And I'm struggling to see any improvement at all
These players are a complete write off. Was only 15 months ago Mr Roth thought they were good enough to win the league

Unread 22-04-2022, 10:35 AM
dunk

He’s a huge disappointment. Huge. He’s achieved nothing other than make us absolutely impotent in attack and pushed the players even deeper into a funk of their own making.

That said, if it can go wrong, it will go wrong, has been the story of the season and he’s had the Greenwood shit and a depletion of his attacking options to deal with, plus the never ending leaks and undermining that has been a feature since LvG. It’s been brutal. It looks as if his input on the future has been minimal tbh. We’d like to think he’d present ETH with a damning review of every player and member of the coaching staff, but even if he does there is plenty of slate wiping going on and we’ll be wanting the same players fired into the sun this time next year, so what has he actually achieved?

Unread 22-04-2022, 10:39 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
These players are a complete write off. Was only 15 months ago Mr Roth thought they were good enough to win the league
Did I? Genuinely don’t remember that and I’d be very surprised to have claimed that given that I’ve been utterly miserable about all things united since before we won our last league title. Please link it up.

Unread 22-04-2022, 10:40 AM
Coracao

Will judge him when his 'consultancy' period is over.

As a manager, he's not managed to do a great deal.

Unread 22-04-2022, 10:41 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

Still struggling to comprehend this absolute pile of shit post.

Surprising from Drexl.

£#%&!ing hell.

Unread 22-04-2022, 10:41 AM
Drexl

Quote:
What are you on about?

That's more like it

The bold bit is literally the only point on which we bump heads. To my mind: there is no metric. The club was in freefall. He is basically only here to buy the owners time to work out how they want to move forward. And they've gone with Erik

I've personally not seen anyone claim they have enjoyed Ralf's tenure. But attacking him is missing the point imo, and smacks of kneejerk reaction re the Liverpool result. If my eight year old son based his opinions on whether he was angry, I'd tell him to grow up. Not that I have an eight year old son, but you get my point.

But fair's fair: how would YOU have resolved the situation? Who would you have got in? Is it missing fourth that is the problem? Or the fact we got @#%&!ted by Liverpool? Can you at least see that this squad have already thrown numerous managers under the bus, and there is no reason in Hell to believe that AN other interim would have fared better.

Quote:
Still struggling to comprehend this absolute pile of shit post.

Surprising from Drexl.

£#%&!ing hell.
Attack the man, not the argument. Great work. Disappointed in you

Unread 22-04-2022, 10:43 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Did I? Genuinely don’t remember that and I’d be very surprised to have claimed that given that I’ve been utterly miserable about all things united since before we won our last league title. Please link it up.
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...8&postcount=95

Unread 22-04-2022, 10:46 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
That's more like it

The bold bit is literally the only point on which we bump heads. To my mind: there is no metric. The club was in freefall. He is basically only here to buy the owners time to work out how they want to move forward. And they've gone with Erik

I've personally not seen anyone claim they have enjoyed Ralf's tenure. But attacking him is missing the point imo, and smacks of kneejerk reaction re the Liverpool result. If my eight year old son based his opinions on whether he was angry, I'd tell him to grow up. Not that I have an eight year old son, but you get my point.

But fair's fair: how would YOU have resolved the situation? Who would you have got in? Is it missing fourth that is the problem? Or the fact we got @#%&!ted by Liverpool? Can you at least see that this squad have already thrown numerous managers under the bus, and there is no reason in Hell to believe that AN other interim would have fared better.

Attack the man, not the argument. Great work. Disappointed in you
I know you’re not asking me, but I certainly wouldn’t have been starting thre likes of Pogba and Lingard. I’d probably have just gone £#%&! it and given a load of the youth players a chance, just to see if any of them step up.

Unread 22-04-2022, 10:46 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
In his defence, weren't we pretty much top of the league at the time?
Closed Thread