United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics
Closed Thread
 
Unread 05-11-2017, 07:55 PM
Fat Al
 
Default Mass shooting at a Texas church

Multiple reported casualities.

Shooter apparently dead at the scene but no news on whether this is terror related.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41880511
 
Unread 05-11-2017, 08:05 PM
Sparky***
 
Default

was it colin firth?
 
Unread 05-11-2017, 08:06 PM
Fat Al
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
was it colin firth?
Yeth.

BBC now reporting 27 confirmed dead.
 
Unread 05-11-2017, 08:30 PM
Poop
 
Default

Some shit kicking hick in hunting gear according to eyewitnesses.

No word as yet if he was a muslamic convert.
 
Unread 05-11-2017, 08:47 PM
rockored2
 
Default

Wilson County, Texas.
I'm hearing an orange Dodge Charger was seen crossing the state line followed by a buffoon sheriff with a Bloodhound.
 
Unread 05-11-2017, 08:49 PM
Cream
 
Default

Serial killers were so much cooler.

This is just mindless

Are serial killers a thing of the past?
 
Unread 05-11-2017, 08:58 PM
Harri Jaffa
 
Default

 
Unread 05-11-2017, 08:59 PM
20 times
 
Default

#Pray4Texas
 
Unread 05-11-2017, 09:19 PM
Lazlo Panaflex
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Serial killers were so much cooler.

This is just mindless

Are serial killers a thing of the past?
That's exactly what I've been thinking.

Why were serial killers a huge phenomenon from the 60s to 80s? And mass shooters from 90s to now?

What's the commonality and contrast?
1. America
2. Access to high power automatics, and surveillance.

During the hunt for Son of Sam they thought a .44 pistol was ridiculous for an individual to own.

I put it down to;
A) trend
B) Access to weaponry
C) convenience and laziness

In that order.
 
Unread 05-11-2017, 09:24 PM
Cream
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
That's exactly what I've been thinking.

Why were serial killers a huge phenomenon from the 60s to 80s? And mass shooters from 90s to now?

What's the commonality and contrast?
1. America
2. Access to high power automatics, and surveillance.

During the hunt for Son of Sam they thought a .44 pistol was ridiculous for an individual to own.

I put it down to;
A) trend
B) Access to weaponry
C) convenience and laziness

In that order.
FBI catching them before they can establish a decent kill count?

just watching Mindhunters here, they didn't have the know-how back then.
 
Unread 05-11-2017, 09:26 PM
armchair
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
That's exactly what I've been thinking.

Why were serial killers a huge phenomenon from the 60s to 80s? And mass shooters from 90s to now?

What's the commonality and contrast?
1. America
2. Access to high power automatics, and surveillance.

During the hunt for Son of Sam they thought a .44 pistol was ridiculous for an individual to own.

I put it down to;
A) trend
B) Access to weaponry
C) convenience and laziness

In that order.
even for you that's peak ignorance.

son of sam 1976

automatic assault weapon ban 1994

most mass killings are done with hand guns btw
 
Unread 05-11-2017, 09:27 PM
Buck
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
That's exactly what I've been thinking.

Why were serial killers a huge phenomenon from the 60s to 80s? And mass shooters from 90s to now?

What's the commonality and contrast?
1. America
2. Access to high power automatics, and surveillance.

During the hunt for Son of Sam they thought a .44 pistol was ridiculous for an individual to own.

I put it down to;
A) trend
B) Access to weaponry
C) convenience and laziness

In that order.
Advances in DNA has f***ed the serial killer
 
Unread 05-11-2017, 10:09 PM
Lazlo Panaflex
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
FBI catching them before they can establish a decent kill count?

just watching Mindhunters here, they didn't have the know-how back then.

Not to say it's easy to catch now, but some luck doing a son of sam or Bundy these days though.

There's a shortsighted argument peddled by nra through right wing american groups that assault rifles were available back then but the regulations, dependability and accessibility were far, far different.
 
Unread 05-11-2017, 11:01 PM
armchair
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Not to say it's easy to catch now, but some luck doing a son of sam or Bundy these days though.
they were both caught
 
Unread 05-11-2017, 11:02 PM
ScarFace
 
Default

Allowed to buy guns LOL.
 
Unread 05-11-2017, 11:06 PM
Buck
 
Default

I wonder if EARONS is still alive

BTK was finally caught due to his own mistake a good decade since his last confirmed murder
 
Unread 05-11-2017, 11:13 PM
armchair
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
I wonder if EARONS is still alive

BTK was finally caught due to his own mistake a good decade since his last confirmed murder
there's loads of serial killers were never caught/never discovered. if you keep it random it's almost impossible to get caught.

how many people go missing every year?
 
Unread 05-11-2017, 11:16 PM
red in cumbria
 
Default

Yet again, in this and a few other respects the US really is a third world country
 
Unread 05-11-2017, 11:20 PM
armchair
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yet again, in this and a few other respects the US really is a third world country
it's the best and worst of countries imo
 
Unread 05-11-2017, 11:23 PM
Buck
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
there's loads of serial killers were never caught/never discovered. if you keep it random it's almost impossible to get caught.

how many people go missing every year?
true.

kinda goes over your head that these serial killers go by everyday life in between acts of murder. i guess what i'm trying to say is serial killers can get hit by a truck on the way to work the morning after a kill and die without anyone ever knowing their truth. Maybe EARONS and Zodiac's crimes and communication suddenly stopped because something happened. Perhaps they were incarcerated for a totally different crime.
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Mass shooting at a Texas church
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mass shooting in Florida Switching Off News, Current Affairs & Politics 13 05-06-2017 09:13 PM
And another mass shooting in Florida BarryX News, Current Affairs & Politics 13 25-07-2016 10:57 PM
Another Mass Shooting In amurka Sparky*** News, Current Affairs & Politics 40 13-08-2012 09:29 PM
Mass grave found at Texas home naes_sean Off Topic 42 10-06-2011 01:27 AM
anyone for texas holdem puressence Off Topic 5 14-12-2007 04:31 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:55 PM.

Copyright 2006 - 2022 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.