United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 30-05-2022, 10:09 AM
Jethro

Seeing our GP in a few hours. It's the stress of it all mainly. Always seems to be such a miserable experience.

Unread 30-05-2022, 10:09 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
I never said they got seen over my son. The point I am getting at is why are they allowed to even register in the first place.

Got to hour 3 and we bailed.
They pay national insurance ?

Hope your son gets better soon .....

Unread 30-05-2022, 10:10 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Iím going to go with; underfunded, understaffed and oversubscribed.
understaffed in the wrong places

the number of middle managers has gone up by 125% since covid

bunks picking odd battles this morning

Unread 30-05-2022, 10:11 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
understaffed in the wrong places

the number of middle managers has gone up by 125% since covid

bunks picking odd battles this morning
Very true. Everyone needs promotions as it's the only way to get to a decent wage. As a result everyone works towards that end and dips as soon as an opportunity arises. They're terrified of losing knowledge and loyal people so they create roles for them rather than just paying everyone fairly. It's ridiculous tbh.

Someone sat in an office filling in bits of paper telling 3 people when their shifts are and deciding how much paper to order shouldn't be earning more than people doing the actual work, but that's how the capitalist hierarchy seems to work

Unread 30-05-2022, 11:21 AM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
They pay national insurance ?

Hope your son gets better soon .....
Everyone rocking up to ED gets seen, whether they are registered with the NHS, tourists, or even Scottish.

Homeless people aren't usually registered with a GP, don't pay taxes and will be triaged just the same as anyone.

ED is the ultimate in fair treatment - you get assessed for need at point of presentation and then wait in line according to how urgent your need is.

The increased waiting times in ED are usually down to three factors at the moment - lack of medical staff, lack of space either in ED or on the wards, and simple increase in demand.

Unread 30-05-2022, 11:33 AM
silv

Quote:
Very true. Everyone needs promotions as it's the only way to get to a decent wage. As a result everyone works towards that end and dips as soon as an opportunity arises. They're terrified of losing knowledge and loyal people so they create roles for them rather than just paying everyone fairly. It's ridiculous tbh.

Someone sat in an office filling in bits of paper telling 3 people when their shifts are and deciding how much paper to order shouldn't be earning more than people doing the actual work, but that's how the capitalist hierarchy seems to work
what are you basing this on? Is it relevant to the NHS?

Unread 30-05-2022, 11:36 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
what are you basing this on? Is it relevant to the NHS?
Yes. Promotions for the sake of promotions, to middle management, as there is no other way of improving hard workers pay. Happens in the HMRC too. Constantly pushing people higher up the chain as itís the only way to reward them.

Unread 30-05-2022, 11:38 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Yes. Promotions for the sake of promotions, to middle management, as there is no other way of improving hard workers pay. Happens in the HMRC too. Constantly pushing people higher up the chain as itís the only way to reward them.
I've seen other places create new job titles; rather than just junior, normal and senior, they've added lead and principal positions to allow greater pay for doing the same job.

It's better than someone reluctantly having to take a promotion because they need the money and are going into a job they don't really want to do (and might not be any good at).

Unread 30-05-2022, 11:43 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
I've seen other places create new job titles; rather than just junior, normal and senior, they've added lead and principal positions to allow greater pay for doing the same job.

It's better than someone reluctantly having to take a promotion because they need the money and are going into a job they don't really want to do (and might not be any good at).

Unread 30-05-2022, 11:45 AM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
It would make sense in HMRC but in the NHS there is a desperate shortage of clinical staff so taking them away from frontline care wouldn't make sense. They may make someone who is a sister to a ward manager but there are still working on the wards tbf.

One problem is that the government has been bringing in more and more targets over the last 20 years, so now trusts have to employ whole teams of "managers" to ensure that these targets are met or else the trust is penalised financially and looks worse in the performance tables.

More targets = more managers

Unread 30-05-2022, 04:45 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
"lunch and learn" invites

Got one of these today. Thought of this post. Was f***ing raging.

Unread 30-05-2022, 04:48 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Mental how many accept...

Unread 30-05-2022, 04:56 PM
My Name is Heath

Being brutally hounded for seeking general fashion advice

Unread 30-05-2022, 05:39 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
What does it even mean? It sounds like youíre being sent an invite from someone who thinks youíre both thick and fat.

Unread 30-05-2022, 05:52 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
What does it even mean? It sounds like youíre being sent an invite from someone who thinks youíre both thick and fat.
Sounds like a straightener to me.

Knuckle butty: that'll learn ya

Unread 01-06-2022, 05:43 AM
Drexl

When footballers throw amazing looking beer over each other. Give it to me you d***s

Unread 01-06-2022, 06:45 AM
Stickman

People that refer to themselves as Mum or Dad in relation to their dog.

Unread 01-06-2022, 07:04 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
When footballers throw amazing looking beer over each other. Give it to me you d***s

https://twitter.com/hardfootypix/sta...416790528?s=20
Itís alcohol free

Youíre alright, m8

Unread 01-06-2022, 07:07 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
Itís alcohol free

Youíre alright, m8
Is it?!

Carry on then. I am no longer intolerant of such behaviour

Unread 01-06-2022, 12:29 PM
Dr Stranger

People in the Maccies drive-thru who place their order and then move a millimetre forward despite having loads of space in front of them, meaning I canít get to the order box.