United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-08-2022, 11:47 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Anyway back to Erik - he wouldn’t be the first manager to be hoodwinked by a decent pre season. Iirc we looked the nuts under LVG in his first preseason in charge and I’m pretty sure within a few games of the season starting we’d been humiliated by Leicester and MK Dons.

2 things need to happen -
1) Erik must show he’s learning as he goes, a good start would be by dropping the Scottish player next game
2) we need to sign midfielders. Forwards and defenders can wait. It’s absolutely imperative we bring in midfielders asap - personally I think Rabiot will be an immediate improvement on what we already have.

Reckon he’ll resign by Christmas.

I think armchair encouraged him to make this thread.
I think the move for Rabiot is proof we have admitted defeat on De Jong, but it’s cheap enough that we can still afford De Jong if by some miracle we can turn it around (hence the ‘United remain hopeful’ reports). If not, I can see us panicking and throwing our money at Mr 2018 himself, Milinkovoc Savic.

I think we’ll have two new midfielders and a forward by the end of the month. Sundays team won’t be our team moving forward, especially
In midfield and attack.

Any sign of Martial being back for the weekend? Never thought I’d say this, but we could really do with him.

Unread 10-08-2022, 11:51 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I think the move for Rabiot is proof we have admitted defeat on De Jong, but it’s cheap enough that we can still afford De Jong if by some miracle we can turn it around (hence the ‘United remain hopeful’ reports). If not, I can see us panicking and throwing our money at Mr 2018 himself, Milinkovoc Savic.

I think we’ll have two new midfielders and a forward by the end of the month. Sundays team won’t be our team moving forward, especially
In midfield and attack.

Any sign of Martial being back for the weekend? Never thought I’d say this, but we could really do with him.
See I don’t think Rabiot and De Jong are similar enough for it to be a one or the other type situation - ideally we really do get both.

How has Milinkovic the Savage played recently? Would he be worth signing?

Preaching to the choir re: Martial - I need him back and hopefully scoring because I can feel believe right behind me, waiting to pounce if he ends up being shit this season (again). Scary times.

Unread 10-08-2022, 11:55 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
See I don’t think Rabiot and De Jong are similar enough for it to be a one or the other type situation - ideally we really do get both.

How has Milinkovic the Savage played recently? Would he be worth signing?

Preaching to the choir re: Martial - I need him back and hopefully scoring because I can feel believe right behind me, waiting to pounce if he ends up being shit this season (again). Scary times.
I don’t see Rabiot as the solution to much more than ‘he’s better than The Scottish Player’. Reports that we’ve always been in for him….yeah right…. I don’t think the club have thought much beyond de Jong and now they’re panicking. This time last week, it was all ‘de Jong or nobody’ and getting the ‘right players in’ and now we’re close to a deal for an absolute misfit.

The panic will see two or three over the line, with us blowing the de Jong and Antony money. Not saying they’ll be the right signings or that there’s much rhyme or reason to it, but there will be changes from the weekend. I suspect Eriksen will be deployed from deeper for starters,

Unread 10-08-2022, 12:46 PM
AK14

Yeah surely this bloke is Mctoms replacement

We still need a player that can get the ball off the cbs and make things happen.

I always thought Savic was an attacking midfielder?

Unread 10-08-2022, 12:48 PM
My Name is Heath

i have just seen we're looking at another clog wearing striker.

WTF man.

Oranges aren't the only fruit and Orangemen aren't the only footballers.

Can this Tulip growing, 'it's a solar panel for a sex machine' declaring manager pull us out of this?

Honestly...I'm beginning to doubt it.

We all make mistakes but playing McFred was like a new fire fighter running into a burning building carrying buckets of 20 quid notes and petrol to put out the flames.

Right Said Erik thinks he's too sexy for this club? If he doesn't start showing some improvement he can sling his mayo on frites chrome dome back windmill-side.

Unread 10-08-2022, 12:51 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yeah surely this bloke is Mctoms replacement

We still need a player that can get the ball off the cbs and make things happen.

I always thought Savic was an attacking midfielder?
He is
Gets double figures goals and assists
Suits Italian football as he's pretty slow and not very agile

Wouldn't be a fan of his signing either

Unread 10-08-2022, 12:58 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by my name is heath
can this tulip growing, 'it's a solar panel for a honestly...i'm beginning to doubt it.

Right said erik thinks he's too sexy for this club? If he doesn't start showing some improvement he can sling his mayo on frites chrome dome back windmill-side.
😁

Unread 10-08-2022, 01:21 PM
marlo

Would it have been too much to have alternatives lined up if FDJ does happen?

Shouldnt our manager who should have been preparing for the job of his life have more than one target for our midfield, more so after watching footage of last season and realising it’s not just one midfielder we need it’s a at least 3 also bearing in mind pogba and matic are leaving.

we should not be going into this season or be in august and desperately chasing around unwanted midfielders.

Maybe it falls in the back office clowns

Unread 10-08-2022, 01:24 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Would it have been too much to have alternatives lined up if FDJ does happen?

Shouldnt our manager who should have been preparing for the job of his life have more than one target for our midfield, more so after watching footage of last season and realising it’s not just one midfielder we need it’s a at least 3 also bearing in mind pogba and matic are leaving.

we should not be going into this season or be in august and desperately chasing around unwanted midfielders.

Maybe it falls in the back office clowns
Stop it Marlo.

All these truth bombs are hurting my eyes.

I hate our finger in the dyke Mr Burns. Seriously. he has just rocked up thinking he just has to schmoke and a pancake his way through things.

It's Manchester sunshine, not Amsterdam, Rotterdam or any other dam.

Unread 13-08-2022, 07:27 PM
armchair

Martinez is looking a very naive signing.

Unread 13-08-2022, 07:28 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Everything the manager has done so far has been naive, has he ever watched the prem?

Unread 13-08-2022, 07:32 PM
marlo

Quote:
On so many levels

to study our squad and performances last season and think the first weakness to fix is buying a cb is worrying

then to factor in the physical premier league and think a 5ft 9 CB is the signing to make....

60m and most would start lindelof over him let alone varane.. Says it’s all

Unread 13-08-2022, 07:38 PM
AK14

Quote:
I was hoping he’d a midfield signing tbh

I get that’s not his first position but I thought he’d played their in the past and that’s where he’d be used.

I was hoping he’d at least give some of the promising kids a chance over the same players that have failed time and time again.

Hannibal, Garner and even Laird ahead of AWB for the bench maybe?

Ralf got hammered for not playing Hannibal last season…

Unread 13-08-2022, 07:41 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Yeah smacks of a bit of hubris that he just stuck him straight in without much of a pre-season and we’ve paid the price
Not blaming him for all of it but Varane looked miles better when he came on
Just really weird seeing a CB that small

At least ETH wasn’t too stubborn and prideful not to see it and he did the correct thing and took him off

Worth trying him in CDM

20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I was hoping he’d a midfield signing tbh

I get that’s not his first position but I thought he’d played their in the past and that’s where he’d be used.
Speaking to ESPN in January 2021, Ten Hag said: "Daley Blind does not have the running capacity to play in midfield. And neither does Martinez."

Neo

Football

Quote:
I think he’ll be a decent player once he gets more comfortable with the tempo and physicality of English football, but it’s a worry that we only signed him because Timber didn’t want to come.

Surely the manager and club had a wider array of options than the lad who partnered the player they failed to sign.

Unread 13-08-2022, 07:44 PM
armchair

I think Antony and Timber were his priority targets tbf but no excuses; he could've refused Martinez and signed a midfielder. He could've signed Rabiot (or anyone) for that cash early and I bet De Jong would see it as a serious project rather than this shitshow.

They hated him at Ajax in the beginning too. Most wanted him gone.

Unread 13-08-2022, 07:47 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Speaking to ESPN in January 2021, Ten Hag said: "Daley Blind does not have the running capacity to play in midfield. And neither does Martinez."
£#%&! me

Unread 13-08-2022, 07:49 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
He's said it himself - he's a 'Tukker' - "proud and stubborn people". He didn't want to meet Ralf. He's completely under estimated the challenge teams like Brentford + Brighton can pose in the Premier League. This isn't like Ajax lining up against Groningen. These are teams that get 100 mil a year in the club and have some serious players as a result even if they're not world beaters. Its all looking very naive / arrogant so far.

Unread 13-08-2022, 07:59 PM
Vedder

I was worried as soon as he named maguire as captain also giving these useless @#%&!s a ‘clean slate’ and not meeting Ralf when he was bang on about the squad. He’s shot himself in the foot big time, the club have completely £#%&!ed him over mind. He’s obviously a very good manager but he doesn’t have the players he needs.
Closed Thread