United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-07-2022, 10:53 AM
dunk

Default Alvaro Fernandez - Loan to Preston

Highly rated LB from the U23’s off to Deepdale for the season it would seem, to be announced at some point today.

Good move, will be one to keep an eye on.

Unread 26-07-2022, 11:08 AM
puressence

mates buzzing massive nobender fan

Unread 26-07-2022, 11:12 AM
Jack Duckworth

Bastard

Unread 26-07-2022, 11:12 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
mates buzzing massive nobender fan
I love pure's 'sentences'.

Unread 09-08-2022, 09:16 PM
Vedder

2 assists on his debut subbed off with injury

Unread 09-08-2022, 09:18 PM
AK14

Supposedly had a great game

Hopefully we’ll have him and Tyrell as our left backs this time next year and Shaw will be out the door.

Unread 09-08-2022, 10:17 PM
dunk

Get the impression they like him

Unread 10-08-2022, 08:07 AM
thatsfuctit

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/c..._name=ioss mf

Unread 10-08-2022, 09:34 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Highly rated LB from the U23’s off to Deepdale for the season it would seem, to be announced at some point today.

Good move, will be one to keep an eye on.
Keep an eye on it for me yeah pal?

Unread 08-10-2022, 05:43 PM
Vedder

Some comments from Preston fans

Quote:
Boy's a bit special. Reminds me of when Bale was at Southampton about 15 years ago.

Quality and has the fire in his belly also. Great player

The thing that impresses me the most is that he looks up rather than head down as he switches the attacking play or plays delightful through balls on the deck, timed with elegance, controlled pace and precision.

Absolutely brilliant going forwards .Stick him anywhere on a wing get everyone else defending .Looks a cut above ,so much time and awareness on the ball .Must start in my opinion .

Genuinely reminds me of when Bale was at this level for Southampton 15 years ago. This lad is going right to the top, will certainly be playing for someone in premier league next season. Hopefully not from January.....

Lovely composed footballer. He just has obvious class

It’s so scary to see someone that good at football before they’ve even filled out proper, he’s literally a boy.

Unread 08-10-2022, 05:54 PM
Bunker Buster

Is he playing as a winger for them ?

Unread 08-10-2022, 06:01 PM
NedKelly

Bale was good but he wasn’t exactly world class. Had some great moments for Spurs when they were shitter than they are now and then went to Madrid and was a 7/10 player for them most of the time. Benzema and Ronaldo were the real attacking talents there. Basically gets hyped up because he’s from the UK.

Anyway hopefully this Fernandez kid actually goes on to be a top footballer and not a part-time golfer.

Unread 08-10-2022, 06:03 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Is he playing as a winger for them ?
Wing back. Another assist today

Unread 08-10-2022, 06:14 PM
Coracao

Bale is a strange comparison. Player who relied on blistering pace vs one who it is a big question mark over

Unread 08-10-2022, 06:22 PM
Dasilvatwins

I saw the game against West Brom . One of the stand out players, got a decent assist too.

Top prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Bale was good but he wasn’t exactly world class. Had some great moments for Spurs when they were shitter than they are now and then went to Madrid and was a 7/10 player for them most of the time. Benzema and Ronaldo were the real attacking talents there. Basically gets hyped up because he’s from the UK.

Anyway hopefully this Fernandez kid actually goes on to be a top footballer and not a part-time golfer.
He had one or two attributes that were top class. He could strike a ball with power and had bags of pace. He was a good player but never elite .

Unread 08-10-2022, 06:23 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I saw the game against West Brom . One of the stand out players, got a decent assist too.

Top prospect.

He had one or two attributes that were top class. He could strike a ball with power and had bags of pace. He was a good player but never elite .
I've seen him play many times in the reserves and he's nothing like Bale...

Weird comparison

Unread 08-10-2022, 07:14 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I've seen him play many times in the reserves and he's nothing like Bale...

Weird comparison
He’s not like him at all. He doesn’t have his pace nor sheer power. But I think it’s the first time in the championship they’re seeing a left back with good technical abilities and that’s the comparison (from them anyway)

Unread 08-10-2022, 07:21 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
He’s not like him at all. He doesn’t have his pace nor sheer power. But I think it’s the first time in the championship they’re seeing a left back with good technical abilities and that’s the comparison (from them anyway)
Good point, they still gawp at planes in Preston too, so.....

Unread 08-10-2022, 09:58 PM
Ethers

Bale wasn’t World Class

£#%&!ing hell. Heard it all now.

Unread 08-10-2022, 10:37 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Bale wasn’t World Class

£#%&!ing hell. Heard it all now.
Proper try hards. What he did with Wales alone makes him world class.
Closed Thread