United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-02-2016, 04:22 PM
Jethro

Catching up on the weekends highlights. What a £#%&!ing shambles this club are. Top of the table clash and the place is like a empty church. The only thing they mustered up was booing Leicester players.

Enjoy, Pep.

Unread 08-02-2016, 04:29 PM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Not 'delph'?
Do Pure's lads go to the same school?

Unread 08-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Catching up on the weekends highlights. What a £#%&!ing shambles this club are. Top of the table clash and the place is like a empty church. The only thing they mustered up was booing Leicester players.

Enjoy, Pep.
Weren't there loads of empty seats in the CL ties against Real Madrid and Juventus too?

That's farcical if so.

Unread 08-02-2016, 08:46 PM
utd99

They really need to make that ground a bit smaller.

Unread 08-02-2016, 09:18 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Division three was a much more comfortable fit for them than top of the Prem; at least down there they had an identity that was all theirs. I think if they were honest they would admit they enjoyed that more, all the inflatable bananas and shit. First vs second and all you see are empty seats .

Even though they are largely thick, even they must realize that what they are now could just as easily be Fulham or Hull if the arab's dart had just caught a different trajectory.
My brother in law's a Bert and I've always said that to him, when they were in the old 3rd they could flaunt their dedication like the blue badge of courage, "Praise me because I still go every week even though we won't win £#%&! all".they gloried in their masochism watching Paul Dickov and Jeff Whitley playing shit football Since they started winning things all they ever £#%&!ing talk about is other clubs.

Seriously look at any Berts twitter feed and it's full of retweets about how the press keep treating them worse than <insert club name here> and the collected quotes of Karl Heinz Rummenigge abput what a shitpot unhistoried club they are..

The Manchester City columnist in the Evening News actively encourages this shit.

Unread 08-02-2016, 09:23 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
My brother in law's a Bert and I've always said that to him, when they were in the old 3rd they could flaunt their dedication like the blue badge of courage, "Praise me because I still go every week even though we won't win £#%&! all".they gloried in their masochism watching Paul Dickov and Jeff Whitley playing shit football Since they started winning things all they ever £#%&!ing talk about is other clubs.

Seriously look at any Berts twitter feed and it's full of retweets about how the press keep treating them worse than <insert club name here> and the collected quotes of Karl Heinz Rummenigge abput what a shitpot unhistoried club they are..

The Manchester City columnist in the Evening News actively encourages this shit.
Everything they do has half an eye on us.

Unread 08-02-2016, 09:28 PM
Fergie out 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Stuart Brennan? He is an utter c***

Here we go, bluemong strikes again

Quote:
I remember Munich happening, the reaction around Manchester and my dad also a big Blue taking me to the first match after the Disaster. Men were openly crying.

I also remember the very poor way the rags treated the families of the deceased and the survivors. Even people like Billy Foulkes had to sell all his medals to make ends meet in later life.

I also remember the press warning for months that the 2008 derby which conveniently got scheduled in early February 'was going to be sabotaged' by City fans.

I also remember the 'charity match' eventually where the 'World's Biggest Club' got to the fans to pay to help the families. Stewards, gatemen, and others gladly worked for no wages whilst Cantona got paid £60k in what was pushed in the press a 'Cantona's Comeback'. Other wealthy players and ex players also took generous expenses out of the takings.

What I do NOT remember is much commemoration of the event in the 60s, 70s, and 80s but it started becoming a big and profitable PR event in recent years, especially post Princess Diana.

Over the years I have seen the cynical way the club has cynically used a tragic accident for financial and PR gain whilst playing down their own poor treatment of those involved, so it is little wonder that somebody from Blackburn born over 30 years after the event seeks to promote his own brand out of something that hit all Mancunians hard at the time.

What a tacky disgusting club they are.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/th...19026/page-112

Unread 09-02-2016, 01:08 AM
n48

I was at a work event at their ground a few weeks ago in their 'Cityzens' suite. Can't fault the food or set up but noticed framed art prints which contained things like 'We're not really here" or "Do the poznan."

Unread 09-02-2016, 04:34 AM
den

One thing I've learnt from this thread is that the m6 must be avoided at all costs.... Its never £#%&!ing open ..

Unread 09-02-2016, 09:12 AM
Zorg

He's right about the club using Munich. Remember the Busby Babes sponsored by AON? Literally turning dead people into an advert yet it was defended by plenty on here as completely acceptable.

Unread 09-02-2016, 09:20 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
He's right about the club using Munich. Remember the Busby Babes sponsored by AON? Literally turning dead people into an advert yet it was defended by plenty on here as completely acceptable.
He is, as are his comments re Eric and the testimonial. Felt wrong at the time that.

But the day I accept pointers about respectfulness concerning the Munich air disaster from city fans is the day that hell freezes over.

Unread 09-02-2016, 09:24 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
He is, as are his comments re Eric and the testimonial. Felt wrong at the time that.

But the day I accept pointers about respectfulness concerning the Munich air disaster from city fans is the day that hell freezes over.
Yep, fair point.

Pretty sure it was £50k anyway, not 60

Unread 09-02-2016, 10:07 AM
Fergie out 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

Never heard anyone accept the AIG logo on the busby 50th memorial. What makes me piss is that the blue @#%&!s act like we were all in favour of it and use it as a battering stick against us

As for the disgusting club line, they should at their own fans shouting Munich jibes before branding us like that, @#%&!s

Unread 09-02-2016, 01:54 PM
rockored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie out 89

As for the disgusting club line, they should at their own fans shouting Munich jibes before branding us like that, @#%&!s
Fazakerley.

Unread 09-02-2016, 02:03 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie out 89
Never heard anyone accept the AIG logo on the busby 50th memorial. What makes me piss is that the blue @#%&!s act like we were all in favour of it and use it as a battering stick against us

We're just as bad for generalising. I'll generalise myself a bit here and say that on balance the city fans I know haven't been THAT bad in the last few years. They know they've won the lottery and acknowledge it's all ridiculous now. If we'd beaten them to the title with the last kick of the season four years ago I'd still not have shut up about it.

Unread 09-02-2016, 03:04 PM
puressence

from a club who hated marc vivien foe then first chance they get retire his shirt

Unread 09-02-2016, 03:16 PM
livelylobster

They would glory in a disaster happening to them.

Unread 09-02-2016, 11:25 PM
Fergie out 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
from a club who hated marc vivien foe then first chance they get retire his shirt
£#%&!ing spot on, wasn't even their player - yet they (apparently) blocked Otamendi for wearing the same number he wore at Valencia.

Yet they openly mock a disaster where one of their former keepers perished?

Utter utter @#%&!s

Unread 16-02-2016, 11:40 PM
ScarFace

City fan with Adam Johnson tattoo wants to get it removed after star was convicted of sex offences

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....hnson-10902330

Unread 16-02-2016, 11:57 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace

City fan with Adam Johnson tattoo wants to get it removed after star was convicted of sex offences

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....hnson-10902330
state
Closed Thread