United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-08-2023, 11:12 PM
armchair

Our budget is lopsided because we can't sell players.

Unread 29-08-2023, 11:28 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Not defending the Glazers but it’s still a decent budget. I don’t think that counts what city actually paid for Haaland too.

If the manager wants to spend a big chunk of it on Antony and Mount, it’s on him. His recruitment is looking a bit one dimensional and bland.
Our recruitment last year looked decent. This year so far is fairly grim and a big part of that, we’re led to believe, is down to our inability to get shut of players. That’s on Woodward. To have signed them up on stupidly long contracts and on stupid wages has £#%&!ed us royally.

Unread 30-08-2023, 01:04 AM
Stickman

Recruitment wise I feel we need to look outside of players Erik's worked with being our MO.

Read yesterday Guardiola's only signed 2 ex players and Klopp zero! Could be BS but feel like the majority of ours are ex Erik. It's not way to run a club but then bleh bleh we all know this starts at the top.

Unread 30-08-2023, 01:12 AM
armchair

Saw a similar graph but it took into account sales and Chelsea, although they spent a huge amount, their outlay of cash is still below 200m.

Because they sell players.

Somehow it's impossible for United to sell players. Players would rather quit their international careers than leave.

Unread 30-08-2023, 06:40 AM
pedr0

title - united working on shoestring budget
message - here's a chart showing united have spent £715m in 15 months.

Unread 30-08-2023, 07:08 AM
Patty_b

We're paying the price for Ed Woodward reign. We're hamstrung now because the club were throwing away stupid amounts of money before ETH came to the club. Over paying for the wrong players and then sticking them on long contracts worth twice as much as they should have been paid, as well as renewing contracts of players that had no right to even be at the club in the first place.

A mental defender made of glass that had an OK season in Spain? Give his club £30m and him £4m a year.

A social media account with a haircut and a desire to £#%&! off to Dubia whenever he wanted? £#%&! it, British record transfer fee of £90m and lets give him £15m a year on a 6 year contract.

Schneiderlin £25m fee and about £5m a year, Mkhitaryan £25m fee and £5m a year. Sanchez's contract was worth about £108m, and £#%&! knows what we had to pay out to him and his agent to get him signed in the first place.

Depressing this...

Di Maria £60m, Depay £30m, Martial £38m, LUKAKU £90-£#%&!ING-M!!

Fred, Lindelof... I want to cry...

£#%&! knows who else I've forgot about. We were throwing away that money before there was a need to. Before Chelsea and Saudi made everything even worse that it was at the time. And now we're paying the price of that mis-management of the club at a time when we need that money to compete in the market.

And so we £#%&!ing should be paying the price, the club as a whole deserves to be in this position for being so £#%&!ing stupid in the first place. It's just annoying that ultimately it's us the fans that suffer it.

£#%&! Ed Woodward.

Unread 30-08-2023, 07:15 AM
My Name is Heath

Trevor Eve. Next Manager.

Fridays at 9. On BBC1.

Unread 30-08-2023, 07:15 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
We're paying the price for Ed Woodward reign. We're hamstrung now because the club were throwing away stupid amounts of money before ETH came to the club. Over paying for the wrong players and then sticking them on long contracts worth twice as much as they should have been paid, as well as renewing contracts of players that had no right to even be at the club in the first place.

A mental defender made of glass that had an OK season in Spain? Give his club £30m and him £4m a year.

A social media account with a haircut and a desire to £#%&! off to Dubia whenever he wanted? £#%&! it, British record transfer fee of £90m and lets give him £15m a year on a 6 year contract.

Schneiderlin £25m fee and about £5m a year, Mkhitaryan £25m fee and £5m a year. Sanchez's contract was worth about £108m, and £#%&! knows what we had to pay out to him and his agent to get him signed in the first place.

Depressing this...

Di Maria £60m, Depay £30m, Martial £38m, LUKAKU £90-£#%&!ING-M!!

Fred, Lindelof... I want to cry...

£#%&! knows who else I've forgot about. We were throwing away that money before there was a need to. Before Chelsea and Saudi made everything even worse that it was at the time. And now we're paying the price of that mis-management of the club at a time when we need that money to compete in the market.

And so we £#%&!ing should be paying the price, the club as a whole deserves to be in this position for being so £#%&!ing stupid in the first place. It's just annoying that ultimately it's us the fans that suffer it.

£#%&! Ed Woodward.
Our business has been that bad I now view Lindelof a relative success.

Unread 30-08-2023, 07:16 AM
Dr Stranger

Said it all summer, but sales are as important as signings and they’re inextricably linked.

Every year there’s talk of a clear out and it never happens. This year, I don’t think it was for a lack of trying.

If Erik had his way, we’d be rid of Maguire, Martial, The Scottish Player, VDB and they should be comfortably fetching £100m, but because they’re on ridiculous wages, clubs can’t afford them and/or they won’t leave.

It’s no surprise that signings have come to a grinding halt after Hojlund and after we’ve failed to shift anyone for a decent fee.

Rivals will point to “but he’s spent £300m so far”. Yep, and he needs £300m more. It is what it is and that’s not his mess. Not to mention he’s stuck with players he simply doesn’t want. It’s truly ridiculous that we are still starting games with Antony Martial as our centre forward (not a lick of interest in him either of course).

The horrific running of the club can’t be turned around overnight. Especially while THEY are still here.

Unread 30-08-2023, 07:44 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Yeah, we’ve spent plenty money. Probably a good job we had the glazers over the last 10 years…

Unread 30-08-2023, 07:49 AM
MUFC One Love

Nothing will change until the Glazers have gone, it's that simple.

Unread 30-08-2023, 08:08 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Said it all summer, but sales are as important as signings and they’re inextricably linked.

Every year there’s talk of a clear out and it never happens. This year, I don’t think it was for a lack of trying.

If Erik had his way, we’d be rid of Maguire, Martial, The Scottish Player, VDB and they should be comfortably fetching £100m, but because they’re on ridiculous wages, clubs can’t afford them and/or they won’t leave.

It’s no surprise that signings have come to a grinding halt after Hojlund and after we’ve failed to shift anyone for a decent fee.

Rivals will point to “but he’s spent £300m so far”. Yep, and he needs £300m more. It is what it is and that’s not his mess. Not to mention he’s stuck with players he simply doesn’t want. It’s truly ridiculous that we are still starting games with Antony Martial as our centre forward (not a lick of interest in him either of course).

The horrific running of the club can’t be turned around overnight. Especially while THEY are still here.
I’d never start Martial again tbh. He mentally checked out long back.

Unread 30-08-2023, 02:10 PM
Offerington

Budget is £#%&!ed due to poor outgoing performance but

Mount
Onana
Hjojlund
Cucurella
Amrabat

is a superb window under the Stooges.

Unread 30-08-2023, 02:46 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Nothing will change until the Glazers have gone, it's that simple.
Bingo. I was bored during a long train journey this weekend so I watched a couple of episodes of that Newcastle documentary on Netflix. More out of morbid curiosity than anything else. One thing that came across - aside from the cringeworthy 'lets show that the sun shines out of saudi's arse' narrative - was just how calculated and ruthless the people in charge are. There is a real sense of strategic unity across the club; an attention to detail and that everyone is on board with what has to be done.

I can only imagine what the state of things behind the scenes at United has been for the last 10 years. What with the various blaggers making it up as they go along, a constant disharmony between the boardroom and the playing side of things along with the over riding objective being that the club exists simply to line the pockets of it's shareholders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offerington
Budget is £#%&!ed due to poor outgoing performance but

Mount
Onana
Hjojlund
Cucurella
Amrabat

is a superb window under the Stooges.
That is not a superb window by any stretch of the imagination. There's question marks over every single one of those players and given that two of them don't actually £#%&!ing play for us it seems you're fantasising rather than living in reality.

Our window has been Mason mount: injured, Rasmus Hojlund: injured and Andre Onana - who will promptly be £#%&!ing off for a month during the busiest part of the season.

As far as transfer business goes it's extremely underwhelming and with the players we've let go hasn't strengthened the overall squad what so ever.

Unread 30-08-2023, 02:52 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Our budget is lopsided because we can't sell players.
that and the glazers not putting any money in. not a single £#%&!ing penny.

and then wasting the budget instead of prioritising.

Unread 30-08-2023, 03:01 PM
believe

We could have brought in five mannequins from a skip at the back of Next and offoh would say it’s been a good window

Unread 30-08-2023, 03:41 PM
jem

allowing for "it's what 10h wanted" not being an argument....

mount - not a position we needed, not a player to lift us and expensive, given limited funds. d
onana - not a priority, but he's a good option at that price, I suppose. b
hjojlund - I like this signing. has potential. a
cucurella - would rather promote fernandez. will not be cheap, hasn't impressed, ptsd hair. c
amrabat - should have shipped him in before the season started, ffs. a (but e for handling)

Unread 30-08-2023, 03:55 PM
dunk

How is Onana not a priority when we didn’t have a goalkeeper?

Unread 30-08-2023, 04:14 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
How is Onana not a priority when we didn’t have a goalkeeper?
ffs, dunk.

we had two. neither good enough, but also neither bad enough. you understand the concept of priority. your de geatred is not enough.

Unread 30-08-2023, 04:17 PM
larry

mount - z (nothing needs to be said)
onana - a* (most important signing this summer)
razzers - a (wonderkid, most satisfying kind of signing to make if he works out and watching him become world class before our eyes)
cuc - z (chelsea reject, uninspired, a sign of our decline)
amra - z (no one wants him except jem. if we sign him, jem will never admit he's had a bad game even when he's had a bad game)
Closed Thread