United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-08-2023, 10:14 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I’m genuinely concerned about the calibre of player we’re being linked with
If we had unlimited funds, it wouldn't be anything like this tbf to EtH.

Unread 28-08-2023, 10:38 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I’m genuinely concerned about the calibre of player we’re being linked with
smacks of plucky outsiders for a champs league place. Honkin.

Unread 28-08-2023, 11:01 PM
Ethers

“We need to sign new players”

“No, not those ones!”

Every single time.

Unread 28-08-2023, 11:23 PM
Travis Bickle

It's complete %@#$&!s. Move.on.

Unread 28-08-2023, 11:34 PM
dunk

From what I can tell he’s been offered to us, not we, or Erik, want him.

We must get offered 11 players a week. Not happening.

Unread 28-08-2023, 11:51 PM
armchair

spurs opening up comms for their maguire swoop

Unread 29-08-2023, 09:30 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
“We need to sign new players”

“No, not those ones!”

Every single time.
We do need to sign players but the right ones. Nobody wants to sign deadwood , spurs rejects. Otherwise we are going in circles where we have a play on a 4-5 year contract that we won’t be able to shift in a season or twos time but won’t be good enough to warrant a place at the club

Nobody on here is saying “we need to sign new players!” Just for the sake of bulking up numbers

Unread 29-08-2023, 09:49 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
We do need to sign players but the right ones. Nobody wants to sign deadwood , spurs rejects. Otherwise we are going in circles where we have a play on a 4-5 year contract that we won’t be able to shift in a season or twos time but won’t be good enough to warrant a place at the club

Nobody on here is saying “we need to sign new players!” Just for the sake of bulking up numbers
I’m not sure what you’re expecting then.

We’re at the end of a transfer window where we’ve spent a lot of money already and appear to have £#%&! all left, we’ve been unable to shift several players that haven’t got a future at the club, we’ve got owners who want to sell (we think).

We’re scrapping around in the bargain basement. So you either accept that, or make do with what we’ve got.

Unread 29-08-2023, 10:01 AM
jem

Quote:

We’re at the end of a transfer window where we’ve spent a lot of money already and appear to have £#%&! all left, we’ve been unable to shift several players that haven’t got a future at the club, we’ve got owners who want to sell (we think).

We’re scrapping around in the bargain basement. So you either accept that, or make do with what we’ve got.
maybe we shouldn't have spent our money on players who don't have a future at the club?

we all know where we are.

Unread 29-08-2023, 10:21 AM
Dasilvatwins

Cool

Quote:

Only have ourselves to blame then. This isn’t a hit on mount. I hope mason mount becomes a good player for us. But why did they spend 55 million on a tight budget on a player in a position that did not need immediate addressing?

You’re telling me our scouts don’t have anyone at all lined up from the French league or Portuguese league or whichever where they cannot find a CM that will improve us for 15-25 million?

It’s such stupid shortsightedness. If you have a tight budget don’t be spending it on luxury players.

I hope mount becomes a good player for us and he should be given the time too. But it’s such piss poor from the club that it’s gotten to “ we can only sign players that aren’t really good enough “ they only have themselves to blame.

Sorry for having expectation on the club to sign good players. Let’s just accept they’re signing spurs rejects and get on with it?

Of course if we do sign hojbjerg I hope he is exactly what we need and will support him. But it’s just running in circles if all we ever do is sign mediocre /average players who aren’t good enough but will stumble into a number of appearances before we need to replace them again in two years .

Unread 29-08-2023, 10:28 AM
Coracao

He has bought Mount to replace Eriksen. That wasn't a luxury. Whether or not the manager has chosen the right player is another matter.

Unread 29-08-2023, 10:29 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He has bought Mount to replace Eriksen. That wasn't a luxury. Whether or not the manager has chosen the right player is another matter.
This

Unread 29-08-2023, 10:33 AM
Bunker Buster

Piling on Mount again....

Another Sancho / Jones in waiting....

#AllMen #BeKind

Unread 29-08-2023, 10:35 AM
NedKelly

Our priority midfield signing should always have been a defensive minded midfielder, or a box to box. I’m going to assume the club knew this, as every single poster on here was aware of it, and there’s some right thick bastards on here so…

An attacking mid was so low down the list it baffles me that Mount was the first signing we made. I sort of overlooked it at the time assuming we had other midfielders lined up, but as the window goes on we really do look like we’re scrambling about for cash like a crackhead trying to find his last rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Piling on Mount again....

Another Sancho / Jones in waiting....

#AllMen #BeKind
I hope he turns out decent but Casemiro always needed an understudy/successor. Maybe that’s our man Mainoo and that’s why we didn’t look too hard for that kind of midfielder.

Unread 29-08-2023, 10:35 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Eriksen as a 6? I would say he is a luxury. Everybody knows we need a CM.

If that CM does sign, well best XI who gets dropped? It would be mount no?

He likes to play his best players all the time. You saw that in Bruno, Casemiro last season. If his best players are not injured he would play them.

So if we do sign a CM it looks like mount will be the one not making the starting XI when everybody is fit.

Based on our performances so far if we do sign a CM he will have to start as many games next to Casemiro. Bruno is captain and so he will never rotate him. Where does mount fit?

Again, I hope mount is actually a player who can help us control the midfield a bit and maybe create. I hope he comes good but if we do desperately need a CM why did we spend so much of our limited budget on him first. Silly from the club and those involved

Unread 29-08-2023, 10:51 AM
jem

Quote:
leaving aside that the decision to get mount to replace eriksen makes no sense whatsoever (eriksen quite clearly wasn't the dm we needed either, so replacing him with a tepid non-entity wasn't even an attempt to do the right thing), the spending money on players with no future at the club isn't just about mount; it's also about the ridiculous contracts that a significant amount of deadwood is on - that is the main reason it is difficult to get rid of players like maguire.

united should never be in a position where we can't afford to buy a £20mm dm, ffs. the fact that they were clearly already in this position when they made further bad decisions is unforgiveable.

Unread 29-08-2023, 10:52 AM
larry

Quote:
I hope mason mount becomes a good player for us.

I hope mount becomes a good player for us
thanks for clarifying

Unread 29-08-2023, 10:55 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
thanks for clarifying
Just making sure prats like you get the message before you start spouting off on about an agenda about not liking a player.

It’s ok Larry, anytime .

Unread 29-08-2023, 11:01 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Eriksen as a 6? I would say he is a luxury. Everybody knows we need a CM.

If that CM does sign, well best XI who gets dropped? It would be mount no?

He likes to play his best players all the time. You saw that in Bruno, Casemiro last season. If his best players are not injured he would play them.

So if we do sign a CM it looks like mount will be the one not making the starting XI when everybody is fit.

Based on our performances so far if we do sign a CM he will have to start as many games next to Casemiro. Bruno is captain and so he will never rotate him. Where does mount fit?

Again, I hope mount is actually a player who can help us control the midfield a bit and maybe create. I hope he comes good but if we do desperately need a CM why did we spend so much of our limited budget on him first. Silly from the club and those involved
Your head has fallen off mate.

Whoever we sign, Mount is clearly part of our first choice midfield. The reason we’re not spending huge money on a potential DM is that they won’t be needed all the time. We’ve seen in certain games Ten Hag likes to go with Casemiro and someone more defensively minded next to him, but that’s the exception and definitely not the norm.

Unread 29-08-2023, 11:03 AM
jem

Quote:
Whoever we sign, Mount is clearly part of our first choice midfield. The reason we’re not spending huge money on a potential DM is that they won’t be needed all the time. We’ve seen in certain games Ten Hag likes to go with Casemiro and someone more defensively minded next to him, but that’s the exception and definitely not the norm.
all you have done is restate the problem. 10h is wrong. as anyone who has watched our last three games could tell you.

however, even if we only need a second dm occasionally, amrabat is only £20mm. and mount and mainoo are injured.
Closed Thread