Closed Thread

Unread 27-08-2023, 11:22 AM
Ethers

Bloody Anti-Ants at it again

Unread 27-08-2023, 01:06 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
He’s not what? A bit shit? Well of course he isn’t but he’s been underwhelming so far whether we paid 86, 66 46 etc or got him on a free. What’s the cut off point for when you can underperform? Is Mount ok because he only cost 50? Well not expect too much from him?

Literally everyone agrees that Antony played well yesterday but he was pretty poor in the previous two games. He’s got to do it against arsenal and the next game and the next. He’s also got to find a way of adding to assists tally and scoring goals. If he does great, that’s pretty much what you’d expect considering.
You say of course he isn’t, but in your previous post said he was.

Literally everyone doesn’t agree he was poor in the last two games. The whole team was terrible but, if anything, he was our best attacker in both games. Was certainly better than garnacho and rashford in both.

I don’t think he’s been underwhelming, but I expect better from him this season than last as he settles in to the premiership.

The point about the fee I made is valid. The first thing people point to when moaning about him is the fee. That United ballsed his transfer up is not his fault.

Mount is ok because he’s only played 2 games. As he’s played his entire career in England though, we should expect him to settle in quicker.

Unread 27-08-2023, 01:07 PM
NedKelly

Great to have finport on side. Ireland united once more - nothing can stop us.

Unread 27-08-2023, 01:10 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red

Literally everyone doesn’t agree he was poor in the last two games . The whole team was terrible but, if anything, he was our best attacker in both games. Was certainly better than garnacho and rashford in both.

I don’t think he’s been underwhelming, but I expect better from him this season than last as he settles in to the premiership.

The point about the fee I made is valid. The first thing people point to when moaning about him is the fee. That United ballsed his transfer up is not his fault.

Mount is ok because he’s only played 2 games. As he’s played his entire career in England though, we should expect him to settle in quicker.
Not everyone... Three guesses who didn't...

Unread 27-08-2023, 01:12 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
If you need three guesses I’d recommend English comprehension lessons.

Unread 27-08-2023, 01:14 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

You’re not real

Unread 27-08-2023, 01:14 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Great to have finport on side. Ireland united once more - nothing can stop us.
I’m full Irish mate. I live here. My family didn’t take the half crown to serve the crown building their homes and tarmacing their roads for them.

Unread 27-08-2023, 01:16 PM
Ethers

Quote:
You say of course he isn’t, but in your previous post said he was
That’s basically Bellers entire posting style these days tbf

Unread 27-08-2023, 01:16 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
I’m full Irish mate.

Unread 27-08-2023, 01:17 PM
believe

Quote:
No I didn’t. Stopped reading here.

Unread 27-08-2023, 01:40 PM
Patty_b

Quote:

Literally everyone doesn’t agree he was poor in the last two games. The whole team was terrible but, if anything, he was our best attacker in both games. Was certainly better than garnacho and rashford in both.

Yep. He's a direct player when we're in possession, always wants the ball and always looks to go forward. None of that changed in the first two games, he was the same player. He's always going to lose the ball one way or another because he takes risks and rarely plays safe. Good. That's what we need.

It's easy to praise a player like that when we win, and it's to easy to criticise that player when we lose. But that's the player he is, unfortunately that means people will pile on him when it's not going right as a team whether it's deserved or not.
Closed Thread