View Poll Results: Will Antony turn out a good signing
Yes 41 52.56%
No 37 47.44%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:05 AM
believe

Football Antony poll

Can't be bothered having the same arguments week in week out so will leave a definitive poll so we can put it to bed and in a year or two one side can say I told you so.

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:17 AM
silv

I'd love him to, but you can't deny whats in front of you

maybe with a better striker up front he might thrive but he seems to be a bit of a one trick pony

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:21 AM
Time For Heroes

I just don't see it. I said at the start of last season to my mates that I'll give him a chance but just watching him those first few weeks I didn't see a great player in him and I still don't.

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:25 AM
75Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
I'd love him to, but you can't deny whats in front of you

maybe with a better striker up front he might thrive but he seems to be a bit of a one trick pony
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
I just don't see it. I said at the start of last season to my mates that I'll give him a chance but just watching him those first few weeks I didn't see a great player in him and I still don't.
And that.

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:26 AM
Dasilvatwins

I think he is quite raw. He has potential . He’s probably put in a lot of average/poor performances but there’s certainly a raw ability. He can dribble decent with his left foot. He tracks back well. Has a decent shot on him (sometimes) . He is a very young player who is far from his peak

All these will improve with time. It’s up to him to see how much work he puts on the training field , improving his right foot etc.

There’s zero guarantee for his success, he may very well flop and be sold in a few years. However he has plenty of potential to being a top winger for us . These are players we need to give opportunity .

He isn’t someone like maguire where there is zero hope to turning his United career around. Even like a Henderson or someone else where you can’t even see them improving or having the space to improve and being a top player for United.

The biggest problem we have have for Antony and for a few others at the clubs is we are in a situation where we need players playing good right now. We don’t have the luxury of bedding them into a team that is already winning. As a result the spotlight is on him ten fold.

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:30 AM
shenwen

He's got this season. I would expect a player at his price to hit the ground running. He was good last season. Not great but also not bad. I don't get the hate. I'm not worried, but might be if we don't see even more for him this season.

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:33 AM
Bunker Buster

Was already a good signing end of last season.....

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:37 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
He's got this season. I would expect a player at his price to hit the ground running. He was good last season. Not great but also not bad. I don't get the hate. I'm not worried, but might be if we don't see even more for him this season.
Same, I think he gets a second season. We just need to see improvement and an ability to say he can play on the RW. I think if his performances are similar to last season, then questions start to get asked. Hopefully having Amad there this season he has some actual competition , might just drive him on and improve his performances.

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:41 AM
AK14

We have been/are playing with either 4 wingers up front or complete shite at CF. The forward line has been completely unbalanced for ages now, sort that out and we’ll look a different side and the likes of Antony will flourish.

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:55 AM
est.1878

Entertaining enough but never gonna be an elite player. Do we want entertaining or to be elite?

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:57 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Entertaining enough but never gonna be an elite player. Do we want entertaining or to be elite?
He can be both, that's why we love him....

Back him, flip your negativity, bask in his snide...

It used to be reds against the world....

Of course he makes mistakes, wingers do ...

An Anti Antony is Anti United....

Unread 24-08-2023, 10:59 AM
dunk

Quote:
Well, the thing is there are very, very few Elite players out there and we are currently not in the position to be buying any of the few Elite players there are, so we have to either buy former Elite players on the way down, or young players with the potential to maybe become Elite. We’ve done far too much of the former and Antony, Sancho and now Hojlund represent an attempt to do the latter. This method requires a bit of patience.

Unread 24-08-2023, 11:03 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
He can be both, that's why we love him....
Polls are tight on this....

here's your magician without peroxide...

Unread 24-08-2023, 11:03 AM
believe

Quote:

An Anti Antony is Anti United....
Is this not true of any player?

Unread 24-08-2023, 11:04 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Polls are tight on this....

here's your magician without peroxide...

The poll is perfect....

It isn't how the Anti-Ants thought things would play out.....

Great to see there's still some reds on here...

Unread 24-08-2023, 11:04 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Something about Anti Antti Niemi

Unread 24-08-2023, 11:05 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

No.

We've bought dozens of players that imo will never get or be united...

Unread 24-08-2023, 11:09 AM
BarryX

Not convinced by his all round ability, so have abstained from voting, but do like his attitude on the pitch (most the time) and hope he kicks on and develops his talent.

Unread 24-08-2023, 11:10 AM
est.1878

Quote:
No.

We've bought dozens of players that imo will never get or be united...
All the ones who didn't play for ajax / have more than 50pc Dutch gene heritage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Not convinced by his all round ability, so have abstained from voting, but do like his attitude on the pitch (most the time) and hope he kicks on and develops his talent.

Unread 24-08-2023, 11:13 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Closed Thread