United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-08-2023, 09:36 PM
The Judge

Default Are you still in love with footie?

This transfer window has been a drain on your old pal Judgers

The stuff with city (blatant financial irregularities and the flaunting of such) isn't right

Chelsea ditto

Mason Greenwood (yes; he probably deserves it) but the fact nobody knows what happened but still weighs in with an opinion grates my cheese

The glazers not £#%&!ing off

A great season last season, then we buy a couple of players I'm not exactly hot about, and we still don't sell the deadwood

It is all a big, disappointing sigh

How about you? Please relight my footie fire

Unread 23-08-2023, 09:38 PM
Dr Stranger

I fundamentally love the game and United, but the game has changed and I’m older with different priorities.

It’s past it’s peak in my life, but I’ll goon like anyone else because it’s natural.

Unread 23-08-2023, 09:42 PM
Finport Red

Have to agree. Hoped the club sale would be done, and that we would have a great transfer window that would see us improve markedly on what was a good season.

The leeches are still here, we’ve failed to improve our first team, probably will have weakened the squad and the football so far has been terrible.

All the other stuff you mentioned fits in too, along with the rules for every other club and player not applying to us. I’m just glad it’s happening at this stage of life, rather than when I was younger and everything seemed so much more important.

Unread 23-08-2023, 09:43 PM
Bunker Buster

Always, always will be....

I don't go home away and anymore, pick and choose 10 games home a season, bring my kids up as reds, have laughs over beers with mates about great times, inter then Kiev away was mental times...

Will take him away when we draw Blackburn soon...

Buzz off pre season, enjoy new transfers.....block out Sale chat, talk sport and Abu narratives, enjoy wums...

United wise ...

On the grand scheme, couldn't give a £#%&!.....

Go through weird phases of watching loads of games and then nothing apart from United

Don't FPL, managed my lads team through the age groups for 4 years now, fa qualified coach, level 2...

Played at pro level...

But

It now runs golf close though for my favourite sport...

We (family) will always be reds, it never leaves you ...

Online e-reds and click bait mini vids killed football for me....

ACCAS and 5 a side with mates...

Unread 23-08-2023, 09:59 PM
Jethro

Always have always will. Taking my lad to OT for his first game in a few weeks and we're both buzzing.

Currently doing my badges so I can manage his under 7s team too.

Twitter has killed a bit of my passion (see film too) but being on the grass with a ball is the greatest feeling on earth. When my ankles don't give in that is.

Unread 23-08-2023, 10:01 PM
Stickman

Can take or leave it much more than used to be the case.

Even the little things like reading fan comments on twitter, youtube etc make me think it’s so heavily followed by plebs nowadays, no idea what the answer is to that one - and yes yes don’t read it etc

The Glazers chewing away at United like a terminal illness doesn’t help, it’s as if we’re run by abus that want to slowly sink us - painful.

So in short, no, not in love with the game as much as I used to be.

LOVED playing and only hung up my boots this season bowing out of a decent level at 39.

Unread 23-08-2023, 10:03 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Always, always will be....

I don't go home away and anymore, pick and choose 10 games home a season, bring my kids up as reds, have laughs over beers with mates about great times, inter then Kiev away was mental times...

Will take him away when we draw Blackburn soon...

Buzz off pre season, enjoy new transfers.....block out Sale chat, talk sport and Abu narratives, enjoy wums...

United wise ...

On the grand scheme, couldn't give a £#%&!.....

Go through weird phases of watching loads of games and then nothing apart from United

Don't FPL, managed my lads team through the age groups for 4 years now, fa qualified coach, level 2...

Played at pro level...

But

It now runs golf close though for my favourite sport...

We (family) will always be reds, it never leaves you ...

Online e-reds and click bait mini vids killed football for me....

ACCAS and 5 a side with mates...
Potw.

Always gone in age cycles hasn't it.

Rarely watch full 90s unless utd involved / we have something riding on it.... 2005 killed something deep that's hard to ignore, even if try...

Teens preferred to play, played sat and Sunday leagues. Early 20s lmtb etc and wouldn't miss any home game, build the morning and evening all round the game, get home sunday night regularlu.... Minor dabble with fc... 30s buzzed off occasioaml aways and found hone games often boring... Last few years with responsibiliies spares and freebies and big game redding.... Late 40s with more time likely get more match going again .... Mess of a post, needs a poll maybe

pedr0

I absolutely detest the owners, the executives, half the players and most of the fanbase.

it's very difficult to explain why it is that I actually still give a shit. maybe because I hate every other team a little bit more.

Lok

The clubs ability to do even the most simple things right is making it really hard to enjoy. The ongoing sale has been particularly bad and even if we're sold it's either to Glazers II or a sport washing state.

There's still some joy in the game but it's much harder to find.

Unread 23-08-2023, 10:09 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

No.

Unread 23-08-2023, 10:12 PM
The Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
No.

Unread 23-08-2023, 10:15 PM
suedeshoes

Love it. Watch it, play it, talk about it "all the time". Its been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. My son watches and plays. We do it together.

It's importance and influence on my life is ridiculous really seeing as it's just a game but obviously it's not really 'just' or even a 'game'.

Unread 23-08-2023, 10:17 PM
The Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Love it. Watch about 5 games a week. Play once a week. Talk about it "all the time" according to my wife. Its been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. My son watches and plays. We do it together.

It's importance and influence on my life is ridiculous really seeing as it's just a game but obviously it's not really 'just' or even a 'game'.
This is more like it

I'm (re)warming...

Unread 23-08-2023, 10:17 PM
avocado

It’s in the blood, so have no choice in the matter. United, not football generally.

Unread 23-08-2023, 10:19 PM
dunk

Love it. Play twice a week, watch whatever I can on the TV (avoid City and the dipper’s games though). Get to OT as often as I can. Deffo a bit of fatigue wrt United and the truly criminal running of the club into the ground and the never ending bleeding of it dry though. Feels never ending.

Unread 23-08-2023, 10:20 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Always have always will. Taking my lad to OT for his first game in a few weeks and we're both buzzing.

Currently doing my badges so I can manage his under 7s team too.

Twitter has killed a bit of my passion (see film too) but being on the grass with a ball is the greatest feeling on earth. When my ankles don't give in that is.
Do your badges, best thing youll do....

That first win... > heroin

Unread 23-08-2023, 10:31 PM
AK14

United always but top level football on a whole is becoming a chore.

The things you’ve mentioned and just how robotic most teams are these days bores me to tears.

The lad lives for it so I like the buzz he gets off it, whether that’s watching United or the local team and playing. But other than United and the boys football I can take it or leave it.

Unread 23-08-2023, 10:37 PM
The Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
United always but top level football on a whole is becoming a chore.

The things you’ve mentioned and just how robotic most teams are these days bores me to tears.

The lad lives for it so I like the buzz he gets off it, whether that’s watching United or the local team and playing. But other than United and the boys football I can take it or leave it.
That is the key, isnt it. (top dadding btw)

Rich people have made it unfair and pointless when they decided to take over clubs

We witnessed the sport's greatest years imo

Unread 23-08-2023, 10:54 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
I absolutely detest the owners, the executives, half the players and most of the fanbase.

it's very difficult to explain why it is that I actually still give a shit. maybe because I hate every other team a little bit more.
This is more where I’m at. I actually loathe united most of the time. The club, the fan base, the players - generally £#%&!ing awful. E fans are rancid - if this is the future of football then let them eat cake - there’s better ways to waste my time, money and energy. I despised Lingard and Pogba more than any rival players - possibly ever. The corruption, the cheating has killed any optimism I have for the game - the fact that so many e fans want to join in at the same trough has relegated united to the thing I still do but don’t know why.

I guess I would have sacked it off years ago if it wasn’t for my sons but then every now and again, I get that old feeling back. I’m still proud of the club despite also hating it. I was dreading this season though - we seem to be in miserable shape and the non sale is maddening.

I also think age is a huge factor. United gave me some of the best moments of my life in my teens, 20’s and 30’s. I came of age at the very best possible time in terms of united and Manchester etc. There’s nothing to match those moments and there never will be now so I get more enjoyment, but in a sedate way, from other stuff I do.

Unread 23-08-2023, 10:59 PM
The Judge

Tell you what is funny though:

City being successful in a time period when nobody cares about football

Closed Thread