United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-09-2019, 10:43 PM
MagnificentSeven

we're in a bit of a quagmire with ole. even though aside from that run when he was first appointed, we haven't looked better than we were under jose, lvg or, dare i say it, even moyes.

we all want it to work out for him because we all love him, but if it was another manager who didn't have such a strong connection with united, and didn't play a huge part in our history, we'd be calling for his head.

i've said that i'd take another season or two of not achieving much if he is building a side from scratch, but the seeming infrequency of wins is concerning.

Unread 25-09-2019, 10:43 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
So you sack a guy 6 games into his first full season ?

Bodes well for the future..
Don't be a Muppet ...his run after PSG was £#%&!ing diabolical he should have been sacked in May I don't take any pleasure out of it ffs I wanted him to get the job because like everyone else I thought he could be the answer he isn't he's awful

Unread 25-09-2019, 10:44 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Yeah ok then Ostrich Reds we had five or six so called first team players in and they were all shite last Sunday was the end for Solskjaer and it's ridiculous to stick with him
no top manager is going to be supported with money. why spend more money on over paying people then firing them in a few games.

you have an agenda where it suits you for United to be in constant turmoil.

Unread 25-09-2019, 10:45 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
we're in a bit of a quagmire with ole. even though aside from that run when he was first appointed, we haven't looked better than we were under jose, lvg or, dare i say it, even moyes.

we all want it to work out for him because we all love him, but if it was another manager who didn't have such a strong connection with united, and didn't play a huge part in our history, we'd be calling for his head.

i've said that i'd take another season or two of not achieving much if he is building a side from scratch, but the seeming infrequency of wins is concerning.
Good post and think that pretty much nails it tbf.

Unread 25-09-2019, 10:46 PM
Patty_b

People calling for him to be sacked do realise that we'll still have a squad filled with shit @#%&!s even if he's gone?

And that he's done a decent job of £#%&!ing some of the fringe shit @#%&!s off.

And that the three players brought in by Ole have been our most consistent performers.

Loads of work to be done on the squad before we should even think about sacking Ole.

Unread 25-09-2019, 10:47 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

His main idea seems to be young British players.

Not really surprising when he's surrounded himself with guys like Phelan.

He was not wrong to sell Lukaku and ostracise the players he has. He was very wrong not to go out and sign more players though. He should have demanded them, not meekly accept whatever restrictions were put on him.

MagnificentSeven

i will add that the way we've started this season reminds me a little of how van gaal's first season began, which was atrocious, but that season ended decently and we grew stronger as it progressed. hopefully history will repeat itself.

Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven

I'd take another season of not achieving much if we're building...

6 games in - three players bought and dead wood sold..

S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
That's because Solksjaer is basing his managment on late 90s fergie where the dressing room ran itself. It's all very well telling players to 'go out and express yourself' but when those players are pretty shit the result is what you're seeing every week.
It's also just a different era. Fergie comes into this era as a young manager without being a coach and ruling with that early stern discipline and he probably doesn't last long. It's hard to think of a manager under 55 or so now who isn't a tactical coach.

Unread 25-09-2019, 10:51 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Still baffles me why we didnt wait to appoint him
We know why, Woodward knew that making the announcement when we did would get loads of Facebook likes.

And that matters more to him than actual results.

Unread 25-09-2019, 10:54 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
no top manager is going to be supported with money. why spend more money on over paying people then firing them in a few games.

Don't be £#%&!ing ridiculous you think I'm enjoying this ...dear me get s grip

Unread 25-09-2019, 10:54 PM
ZiggyStardust

Let’s be honest if this continues for another month or two it doesn’t matter if we don’t want to see Ole sacked he’ll go one way or the other

This form is untenable for much longer

Unread 25-09-2019, 10:55 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Don't be £#%&!ing ridiculous you think I'm enjoying this ...dear me get s grip
you want him fired with no plan.

you are the one needs a slap in the face to stop your hyperventilation.

Unread 25-09-2019, 10:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Let’s be honest if this continues for another month or two it doesn’t matter if we don’t want to see Ole sacked he’ll go one way or the other

This form is untenable for much longer
Pretty much what i'm getting at. Yes, he should be given time...Yes we all want him to succeed but at the end of the day there will come a point where our, quite frankly, relegation fodder form will be the end of him.

Unread 25-09-2019, 10:57 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

'cracked badge kev' they call him...

Unread 25-09-2019, 10:57 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Pretty much what i'm getting at. Yes, he should be given time...Yes we all want him to succeed but at the end of the day there will come a point where our, quite frankly, relegation fodder form will be the end of him.
Relegation ?

Unread 25-09-2019, 11:01 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Relegation ?
5 wins in our last 20 games

Unread 25-09-2019, 11:02 PM
armchair

I'd be fine with us out of europe next season after seeing progress, especially from the yoot, this season.

If we could solve the pogba question around christmas. that'd be great. it's not his fault he is what he is but what he is has no place at a struggling side on the way up. he's a luxury player

Unread 25-09-2019, 11:02 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
5 wins in our last 20 games
Not looked at the table but haven't we won 2 drawn 2 ?

Are we sat in relegation position ?

Oh..

Unread 25-09-2019, 11:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Not looked at the table but haven't we won 2 drawn 2 ?

Are we sat in relegation position ?

Oh..
I didn't say we were 'in a relegation position' did I, you £#%&!ing pilchard.
Closed Thread