United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?
Italy 33 38.37%
England 53 61.63%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 08-07-2021, 03:56 PM
silv

Default Italy vs England....Who do you want to win the final?

Well? who?

Unread 08-07-2021, 04:05 PM
saffers

Forza Italia.

A crime if this mediocre England side win something.

Unread 08-07-2021, 04:06 PM
AK14

Turkey.

Unread 08-07-2021, 04:24 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Turkey.
Istanbullshit.

Unread 08-07-2021, 04:27 PM
Pop

Lets be honest, England beat absolutely £#%&!ing nobody the past month and don't deserve the steam off Chiellini's pish after the final has been played.

Apart from that the best of luck to them!

Unread 08-07-2021, 04:31 PM
Neo

Football

Forza Italia!

Italy have been the best team of the tournament, and have beaten some of the best teams of the tournament on their way to the final.

England would be comfortably beaten by at least 4 other sides that started the competition, and have had a run of opposition that has made World Cup qualifying group games look difficult.

Unread 08-07-2021, 04:32 PM
Time For Heroes

Well as I backed Italy at 11/1 and I have Kane topscorer at 6/1 I want a 3-2 Italy win with Kane getting both England goals for maximum payout

Unread 08-07-2021, 04:33 PM
Ethers

Unread 08-07-2021, 04:45 PM
Lok

So many bitter £#%&!s on here

England and Italy have been the standout teams of the tournament and both deserve to be there.

England aren't spectacular but they get the job done. They played Germany who came through their group of death, a strong Denmark team, Croatia and the Czech's. They now face Italy. Not sure how anyone could argue that it is an easy run.

Germany 96: Couldn't beat Italy in groups. Croatia>England>Czech's in knockouts.

Italy 2000: Easy group. Romania>Holland>France

Greece 2004: Came through a tough group. France>Czech>Portugal

Spain 2008: Easy group. Italy>Russia>Germany

Spain 2012: Couldn't beat Italy in group. France>Portugal>Italy

Portugal 2016: Came 3rd in a basic group!. Croatia>Poland>Wales>France

It's the Euros. It's exceptionally rare you'll have a harder run than 2 top 10 teams in the knockouts. The groups are always piss easy. England's run is comparable to everyone elses.

Unread 08-07-2021, 04:57 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
England's run is comparable to everyone elses.

Holland, Portugal, Belgium and France would all comfortably batter this piss-poor England side.

It's a joke they've got to the final. And they only managed that thanks to the dodgiest of penalty calls against a Scandinavian side who's best player literally had a heart attack that took him out of the tournament.

They also play utterly shite football.

Unread 08-07-2021, 04:57 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Vedders still to decide. I think if we get him the anti-england vote crumbles like a Garibaldi...

Unread 08-07-2021, 05:33 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Holland, Portugal, Belgium and France would all comfortably batter this piss-poor England side.

It's a joke they've got to the final. And they only managed that thanks to the dodgiest of penalty calls against a Scandinavian side who's best player literally had a heart attack that took him out of the tournament.

They also play utterly shite football.
The football is shite. But you'd have to be pretty deluded to argue they are lucky to be in the final.

There was a very clear penalty but given. England were the better team.

Get over it.

Unread 08-07-2021, 05:45 PM
Drexl

I want england to win, but I don't think they will.

The word BRAVE to overused in the headlines

Unread 08-07-2021, 05:50 PM
Pop

Southgate to be knighted if they win according to the gutterpress

Unread 08-07-2021, 05:56 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Southgate to be knighted if they win according to the gutterpress
Sterling and Kane too.

Unread 08-07-2021, 05:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
The football is shite. But you'd have to be pretty deluded to argue they are lucky to be in the final.

There was a very clear penalty but given. England were the better team.

Get over it.
There wasn’t a single worthy penalty incident in the entire 120 minutes.

Unread 08-07-2021, 06:05 PM
jem

I'm torn. italy have played the best football and scored the best goals, although with a splash of shithousery. whereas england have been pragmatic and dull and should have done better. much better. entertainment value is fairly limited.

I suppose that I want england to win, but what I really want is for them to play properly. if not, I won't mind if italy win at all.

shaw setting up rashford for the winner will do me.

Unread 08-07-2021, 06:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I'm torn. italy have played the best football and scored the best goals, although with a splash of shithousery. whereas england have been pragmatic and dull and should have done better. much better. entertainment value is fairly limited.

I suppose that I want england to win, but what I really want is for them to play properly. if not, I won't mind if italy win at all.

shaw setting up rashford for the winner will do me.
That and Sancho with a dazzling cameo from the bench and Maguire MotM and I could just about live with it.

Unread 08-07-2021, 06:20 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That and Sancho with a dazzling cameo from the bench and Maguire MotM and I could just about live with it.
Okay this has gone on long enough…

Who are you and what have you done with dunk!

Unread 08-07-2021, 06:22 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Closed Thread