United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-02-2014, 06:33 PM
carlosartorial

Which Premier League club was the last to develop their large terraced 'end', thus benifitting from the increased gate receipts from the increased capacity for longest?

Clue: it was Liverpool FC

Unread 07-02-2014, 06:42 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The hillsborough justice campaign is like the £#%&!ing DFS sale, it never £#%&!ing ends.

Has nobody mentioned to these people when they pipe up about standing the small matter of the actual reason people got crushed - the £#%&!ing great steel fences at the front of the pens? Take the fences out and people would have simply spilled onto the pitch, regardless of standing.
I came up with a solution years ago but did anyone listen to me? Did they £#%&!.

Unread 07-02-2014, 06:44 PM
Switching Off

If the dippers are the only ones without safe standing they'll be the only ones with unsafe standing, and thus the most dangerous ground in the league. Fitting for a club whose fans have killed hundreds.

Unread 07-02-2014, 06:49 PM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Which Premier League club was the last to develop their large terraced 'end', thus benifitting from the increased gate receipts from the increased capacity for longest?

Clue: it was Liverpool FC
Liverpool?

Unread 07-02-2014, 06:50 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
Liverpool?
Correct! £#%&!ing hypocrites. Left it to the last possible moment.

Unread 07-02-2014, 07:17 PM
eusker

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Correct! £#%&!ing hypocrites. Left it to the last possible moment.
And got a special Match of the Day to celebrate how loveable and witty they are.

If my Dad had died on the Herald of Free Enterprise I wouldn't expect to be consulted on nautical safety, I'd leave it to the experts.

Unread 07-02-2014, 07:18 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
You Changed pubs and missed the 1st 15 minutes of the last game because there was no seats in there.

You're only 37 pal you should still be able to stand.
Jerk.

Unread 07-02-2014, 07:26 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
If my Dad had died on the Herald of Free Enterprise I wouldn't expect to be consulted on nautical safety, I'd leave it to the experts.

Unread 07-02-2014, 07:51 PM
Mr Castro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
i came up with a solution years ago but did anyone listen to me? Did they £#%&!.

Unread 07-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by eusker
Is the correct answer

Unread 08-02-2014, 12:16 PM
HERTS_RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26079503

Oh well, as long as you had your vote, the rest of us can £#%&! off then?
She's writing to all the other clubs to guilt them into not doing it, the stupid @#%&!

Even most dippers are in favour of it but won't go against what they say, it's like Hitler all over again

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-standing.html

Unread 08-02-2014, 12:19 PM
believe

but Hillsborough had nothing to do with the fact it was a standing area

Unread 08-02-2014, 12:25 PM
forzagarza

"I don't think you can have any form of standing anyway without pens, cages, fences or whatever. People have a right to argue for it. That's their opinion."

£#%&!ing moron. Talking utter £#%&!ing shit. She is pissing on the memories on the police that may have served at some point at the same time as Hillsborough but under another police force and who have subsequently passed away because of natural causes

Unread 08-02-2014, 07:15 PM
taff

'...but hillsborough' will be the answer to this for a long while yet i suspect.

that lot will refuse to back it/actively lobby against it because otherwise it will be seen to impede their campaign for 'justice'.

Unread 08-02-2014, 07:26 PM
waynes ear's

Footballs moved on since they trampled their way into history. £#%&! em, allow it. If they want to continue (wall)pushing their agenda let them, that shouldnt prevent what the majority want from happening

Unread 08-02-2014, 07:37 PM
Sparky***

At the end of the day one club and their supporters should not be able to dictate to everybody else what they do with their stadiums. There are 19 other clubs whose opinion on the matter is just as relevant and deserve to be able to have their say without having Liverpool and their demented campaign for vengeance taking centre stage all the time.

Unread 08-02-2014, 08:01 PM
armchair

Obviously the only reasonable thing would be if standing is allowed at anfield when liverpool are winning (or away when liverpool are winning) and no where else ever as scousers are the only ones who can ever be trusted to stand responsibly. Anyone else ever standing should be browbeaten and shamed into submission.

Unread 09-02-2014, 05:32 AM
believe

they stood through the entire game yesterday.

Unread 09-02-2014, 06:44 AM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
I'm too old to stand now.
This went to Chelsea game with Uncle Gedward and had to stand for the whole game, was £#%&!ing knackered not to mention pissed after a pre match sherbert or two with him

Unread 09-02-2014, 07:30 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Safe standing has to be easily converted to seated anyway

Answer = leave anfield and any away end containing them as seated and the rest of us can have an atmosphere back

The problem is everybody wants safe standing back even most Liverpool fans, aspinall has become the master of guilt tripping them into submission though
Closed Thread