United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-04-2012, 01:12 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Really? I'd maintain that we've won the league because we've been the best shit side in a very shit league and the same in Europe only to be beaten by the best good team. I'm not having a pop at Roney here btw, I agree he's vey important to this side but if he left we'd soon recover.

We haven't looked anything close to a world class side since Ronaldo and dare I say it, Tevez, left.
Ronaldo was the icing on the cake.

Rooney is the cake.

Unread 24-04-2012, 01:14 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial

Rooney is the cake.
mmmm very interesting point and one that kind of makes us both right. nft

Unread 24-04-2012, 01:15 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
I think in the comparison to him and rooney, we've never recovered as a footballing side since Ronaldo left United. If Rooney left we'd not miss him within a month.
Expect better of you pal:shakehead:

Rooney's the top United goalscorer in Premier League history ffs...he could well end up United's top goalscorer of all time before he's 29 if he keeps scoring at the rate he has.
He's had a tremendous career at United. Always scores in the big games.
He's by far & away the biggest asset at the Club (player wise)

If he left he'd be a huge miss. Without his goals this season we'd be battling with Chelsea & Newcastle for 4th place...at best.

It's credit to Rooney that he has stayed when you think of how the 2008 double winning side was ripped to bits with players leaving & getting too old.
One minute he's combining with Tevez & Ronaldo to score the winner in the World Club Championship Final, the next he's playing with £#%&!ing Berbatov.

Unread 24-04-2012, 01:20 PM
believe

wondered when MJ's Rooney siren would go off? Credit to him? Get £#%&!ed, the reason he's here is for money alone. Don't want to get into all that again but my point about Rooney was that he's not world class in the sense Ronaldo is, which had become the debate of the thread. Of course Rooney's a £#%&!ing brilliant player and one I'd sooner have here than anywhere else.

On a side note, if no players come in the summer (big players) I can see him gone before the season starts.

Unread 24-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
wondered when MJ's Rooney siren would go off? Credit to him? Get £#%&!ed, the reason he's here is for money alone. Don't want to get into all that again but my point about Rooney was that he's not world class in the sense Ronaldo is, which had become the debate of the thread. Of course Rooney's a £#%&!ing brilliant player and one I'd sooner have here than anywhere else.

On a side note, if no players come in the summer (big players) I can see him gone before the season starts.
He's going anyway, the interest payments need to be covered hth

Unread 24-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial

Rooney is the cake.
Correct.

We never used to miss Ronaldo the way we missed Rooney.

Both a pair of #@&%!s imo, but there you go.

Unread 24-04-2012, 01:51 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
the reason he's here is for money alone.
But that's the reason our entire Squad is here apart from Scholes & Giggs.

I can't understand why a player can become so universally disliked because of a contract dispute ..he deserves to be our highest paid player. We need to keep high profile Footballers at United.
We can't keep taking a punt on £15mill gambles & injury prone youth team players.
If Rooney hadn't got injured in 2010 his form was such that I have no doubts whatsoever he'd have lead us to another European Cup Final. Which would have been 4 on the bounce.

Ronaldo's stock has risen again since his goal on Saturday, but he actually had a very quiet game & was anonymous in the first leg against Bayern as well.
Another Rooney v Ronaldo debate where Rooney is coming off worse, despite scoring in every League game at Old Trafford for the last 3 months

Unread 24-04-2012, 01:52 PM
jaffo

What kind of cake is Rooney anyway?

Unread 24-04-2012, 01:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

I can't understand why a player can become so universally disliked because of a contract dispute ..he deserves to be our highest paid player. We need to keep high profile Footballers at United.
We can't keep taking a punt on £15mill gambles & injury prone youth team players.
If Rooney hadn't got injured in 2010 his form was such that I have no doubts whatsoever he'd have lead us to another European Cup Final. Which would have been 4 on the bounce.

Ronaldo's stock has risen again since his goal on Saturday, but he actually had a very quiet game & was anonymous in the first leg against Bayern as well.
Another Rooney v Ronaldo debate where Rooney is coming off worse, despite scoring in every League game at Old Trafford for the last 3 months
Aside from making Real's goal, obviously...

Unread 24-04-2012, 01:53 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
got to be battenburg imo

Unread 24-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Cream

Quote:

Surprised Real Madrid haven't moved heaven and earth to get Rooney too. Maybe they have?

Maybe they will....

Unread 24-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
Surprised Real Madrid haven't moved heaven and earth to get Rooney too. Maybe they have?

Maybe they will....
I'm not...

andyroo

Rooney and Ronaldo made each other better too.

Anyway, he's not coming and that's that.

The Watcher

Quote:
Another Rooney v Ronaldo debate where Rooney is coming off worse
That's because Ronaldo's one of the best attacking players of the last few decades and Rooney isn't. Not a surprise really.

Unread 24-04-2012, 01:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
That's because Ronaldo's one of the best attacking players of the last few decades and Rooney isn't. Not a surprise really.
Factamundo!

Unread 24-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'm not...
the dunk school of football - rooney, modric and bale are all shite

ycnmiu

Unread 24-04-2012, 01:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
the dunk school of football - rooney, modric and bale are all shite

ycnmiu
Yes, that's exactly what I said.

Lawyers/Solicitors/Secretary's are £#%&!ing simple nowadays :shakehead:

MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I know you don't like him pal, but that's a very odd thing to say

jaffo

Quote:
got to be battenburg imo
I thought Victoria Sponge, dunno why.
Closed Thread