United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-04-2019, 01:25 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
How many Bert's do you encounter on an average week?...
zero.

that's why i don't care.

and i haven't got the mental capacity to empathise but I expect everyone to empathise with me.

so it's a no brainer.

Unread 18-04-2019, 01:31 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ol-win-PL.html

'Why would you not like Liverpool?': Former Kop star Dean Saunders can't believe neutral fans don't want Jurgen Klopp's men to win Premier League
Had this conversation ages ago and I was surprised at how many people hated Liverpool as much as me. I think even if I wasn't a fan of Utd I'd still dislike them; they over-romanticise themselves to the point of sacharrine absurdity. They lack self-awareness to a disgusting degree and then there's just the way they talk. Everything is said and written like shit sixth form poetry. Nuff said.

Unread 18-04-2019, 01:33 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Had this conversation ages ago and I was surprised at how many people hated Liverpool as much as me. I think even if I wasn't a fan of Utd I'd still dislike them; they over-romanticise themselves to the point of sacharrine absurdity. They lack self-awareness to a disgusting degree and then there's just the way they talk. Everything is said and written like shit sixth form poetry. Nuff said.
And they’re @#%&!s.

Unread 18-04-2019, 01:35 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
And they’re @#%&!s.
Goes beyond that though. Chelsea fans are also @#%&!s but I still despise Liverpool that bit more.

Unread 18-04-2019, 01:40 PM
Mr Kaboom

There are no circumstances in which a Manchester United team should try to get points in a game that would ensure an imminent vermin title win. None. Ever.

It's unfortunate that game happens to be City, but the joy of denying them would pale into insignificance with what we'd have inflicted on us if the unthinkable happened. City win it, no one gives a £#%&!, they'll have their parade with a few dozen down Deansgate and by the tuesday it's forgotten. Everything they win should have an asterix next to it anyway

In any case if we turn up and put on a half arsed display, who'd know the difference from recent performances ?

Unread 18-04-2019, 01:44 PM
Knockers

Dunno why anyone’s fretting. City will blow us away at Old Trafford.

Top reds should be fine with the scousers winning it. A poor day at Anfield did for Mourinho in the end. Them having the world £#%&! over a title win should see us splash the cash like never before.

Unread 18-04-2019, 01:53 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Forget it pal. We've done relatively well over the last six years to avoid full on disaster. Now the luck has run out. We're headed for the Europa while the Scousers win the European Cup. Probs the league too now if City's heads have gone.

Gonna need to switch off from football for six months minimum. Start the detachment process asap.

Unread 18-04-2019, 02:08 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Them having the world £#%&! over a title win should see us splash the cash like never before.
Yeah, like that’ll happen

Even if that did happen we’d splash that cash on Gareth Bale and some other past it ‘marquee’ player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Forget it pal. We've done relatively well over the last six years to avoid full on disaster. Now the luck has run out. We're headed for the Europa while the Scousers win the European Cup. Probs the league too now if City's heads have gone.

Gonna need to switch off from football for six months minimum. Start the detachment process asap.
Yep.

It’s all falling into place for them.

The league is there’s, the luck they’ve had this season is beyond anything I’ve seen before.

They’re in with a great shout for the CL too. Barca won’t like to face their high press and that front three will have a field day if they defend like they did against us.

Unread 18-04-2019, 02:18 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Yep.

The league is there’s, the luck they’ve had this season is beyond anything I’ve seen before.

They’re in with a great shout for the CL too. Barca won’t like to face their high press and that front three will have a field day if they defend like they did against us.
That's exactly how I see it. Wasn't impressed with Barca; could see them struggling hugely with Liverpool's intensity. With better precision we could have been a couple of goals up in 15 minutes the other night. Barca's best hope is Liverpool putting all energy into the league.

City have tended to show strong reaction under Guardiola but you have to feel this setback will affect them either Saturday or against us.

Unread 18-04-2019, 02:24 PM
messhead

Quote:
Yeah, like that’ll happen

Even if that did happen we’d splash that cash on Gareth Bale and some other past it ‘marquee’ player.

Yep.

Valverde seems a lot more tactically switched on compared to prior Barca managers who were very rigid in their style of play. Liverpool came into this campaign as CL finalists too so I imagine Barca are taking them very seriously.

Unread 18-04-2019, 02:36 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Valverde seems a lot more tactically switched on compared to prior Barca managers who were very rigid in their style of play. Liverpool came into this campaign as CL finalists too so I imagine Barca are taking them very seriously.
He's definitely more pragmatic than any manager they've had recently. I do wonder if that leaves them a little in two minds. Seeing us push them back for the first 15 minutes the other night was strange. Of course normal order was soon resumed but seeing them so tentative was odd. They won't get away with such low intensity against the Scousers.

Unread 18-04-2019, 02:43 PM
messhead

Quote:
He's definitely more pragmatic than any manager they've had recently. I do wonder if that leaves them a little in two minds. Seeing us push them back for the first 15 minutes the other night was strange. Of course normal order was soon resumed but seeing them so tentative was odd. They won't get away with such low intensity against the Scousers.
Agreed, perhaps they looked at the team sheet and thought it would be a stroll, not accounting for the intensity at which even the lower tier premier league sides are capable of playing at. Or perhaps they figured we were still playing like a lethargic Mourinho team. Simplest explanation is that they just werent switched on. However I think Klopp's tactics are very well known at this point and I'd fancy them to be prepared. Even if Liverpool do win over the course of the two ties, I don't think it will be the walkover some are predicting; Barca will be well aware this is the biggest chance they've had at winning the CL in a few years what with the teams left in it.

Unread 18-04-2019, 02:51 PM
Bunker Buster

Liverpool aren't winning the European cup

The league (hopefully) is going to city

Watford win the cup (unlikely)

Calm reds

Unread 18-04-2019, 03:09 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Calm reds
Bunks. The comfort blanket of the forum.

Unread 18-04-2019, 03:27 PM
AK14

Quote:

Calm reds
People forget it’s only April.

Unread 18-04-2019, 03:30 PM
saffers

Quote:

Siders talking like a truly defeated man. Very s2c.

The odds are quite good on them ending up potless yet again.

Why would Citys heads go completely? Something to do with the genius aka the inventor of football aka bald fraud??

Unread 18-04-2019, 05:18 PM
shenwen

Quote:

Calm reds

All the above and top 4 for us.

(Too much?)

Liverpool won’t beat Barca. And if they do, I’d fancy Spurs in a one off. Klopp doesn’t do finals. Not sure about Ajax, but they’ve beaten some big teams so who knows.

Unread 18-04-2019, 05:33 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Siders talking like a truly defeated man. Very s2c.

The odds are quite good on them ending up potless yet again.

Why would Citys heads go completely? Something to do with the genius aka the inventor of football aka bald fraud??
Their heads don't have to go completely. Just enough to drop points vs Spurs or us.

Better to accept the Scousers being European champions and league winners. If it doesn't happen then joy.

Will never make the mistake of 2005 again. I will always be prepared.

Unread 18-04-2019, 06:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Calm reds
And we somehow get top 4

Unread 18-04-2019, 06:24 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote: