United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-04-2019, 10:19 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
New to the thread...
Same three or four folk hammering him since 2017 mate....

I see it.

Not an agenda though. Nope. Just a United player we're allowed to discuss.

Unread 18-04-2019, 10:35 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Putting aside all these silly £#%&!ing biases for the moment..

We're at a stage now where we have to be brutally honest if we want to move forward. There's either good enough, or not good enough. And i'm afraid he just isn't like most of them.

People entrench themselves too far into positions to have rational conversations on 4ums. S2C.

Unread 18-04-2019, 10:39 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
People entrench themselves too far into positions to have rational conversations on 4ums. S2C.
It’s really weird

Like proper fan boys stuff from (I’m guessing?) middle aged men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
He's nowhere near his peak. I think that will happen in his late 20s. Problem now is the foundation around him is as good as slurry. We're counting on him too much.

I'm much more disappointed with martial tbh. At least rashford is trying.
Definitely this.

Rash is 21 and will hopefully fulfill his potential if (when ) we get our shit together. He’s definitely got it, just hope we surround him with good enough players to help him out over the coming years.

Martial won’t make it here imo, hope he proves me wrong obviously.

Unread 19-04-2019, 01:06 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Same three or four folk hammering him since 2017 mate....

I see it.

Not an agenda though. Nope. Just a United player we're allowed to discuss.
And by "discuss" we mean just saying he's not good enough every fortnight obvs. Always a top rational discussion.

Unread 19-04-2019, 01:42 AM
utd99

It’s funny how when you criticise a player or manager though it’s not an agenda.

£#%&!ing place.

Unread 19-04-2019, 01:58 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It’s funny how when you criticise a player or manager though it’s not an agenda.

£#%&!ing place.
When you spend years criticising one of the youngest, most talented, hardworking players though it does come across as an agenda....

He’s truly one of the last players that deserves some of the sell him to ipswich, can’t finish shit he gets from the same 4 usernames....

Go to the start of this thread, look what he’s done since......

Unread 19-04-2019, 02:08 AM
utd99

Quote:
When you spend years criticising one of the youngest, most talented, hardworking players though it does come across as an agenda....

He’s truly one of the last players that deserves some of the sell him to ipswich, can’t finish shit he gets from the same 4 usernames....

I like Rashford, but when he plays poorly he plays poorly. What you supposed to do, ignore it?

Unread 19-04-2019, 02:27 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
He's nowhere near his peak. I think that will happen in his late 20s. Problem now is the foundation around him is as good as slurry. We're counting on him too much.

I'm much more disappointed with martial tbh. At least rashford is trying.
Strikers don’t generally get better in their late 20’s, especially ones who rely on pace.

Note; this is a dig at you, not Rashford

Unread 19-04-2019, 03:24 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I like Rashford, but when he plays poorly he plays poorly. What you supposed to do, ignore it?
Yep, preferably with your fingers in your ears saying "la la la" helps if you listen to the stone roses whilst doing this.. .

Seriously though, he was probably our brightest player in a sea of un-arsed shite the other night...

Unread 19-04-2019, 06:09 AM
ziggyman17

Get rid of a 21yr old because he is not scoring goals every game..

I have heard it all now.. If it is true that he is looking 200 grand a week then the club only have themselves to blame, paying a Chilean cripple 400 grand a week to walk his dogs, giving the likes of the chuckle brothers new long term contracts on big money, giving another years contract to a middle aged failed winger who now is captain and first choice right back who likes to try Cruyff turns in The Nou camp, I think giving our most promising young player a new deal a no brainer, Rashford should not be expected to be the kid carrying the team, Rooney and Ronaldo we’re surrounded by top class experienced at their ages,

Unread 19-04-2019, 06:12 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Get rid of a 21yr old because he is not scoring goals every game..
same people were annoyed at ronaldo "taking all the free kicks" and dribbling too much.

oh and giggs giving the ball away all the time.

Unread 19-04-2019, 07:11 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Strikers don’t generally get better in their late 20’s, especially ones who rely on pace.

Note; this is a dig at you, not Rashford
I know. But this one will be an exception I believe.

Unread 19-04-2019, 12:56 PM
Coracao

Talking

Quote:

Alllllll the way back to August ?

People saying get rid of him at this stage are mental, I agree. But I'd also put those who are saying he is currently top class and good enough to lead the line into that bracket too.

For me it is rather simple. Is he currently good enough to lead the line for this club to mount a title challenge or will he be the season after ? Answer for me is no. So get a striker who is capable of that. Meanwhile Rashford will still be part of the squad and play an important role.

No issue with Rashford himself, his wage demands (beyond caring what footballers earn), what he wears or any other shit. As a United academy product he has done very well to get where he is, as it is probably the hardest position to break through, minus the keeper. Issue is probably more with people on here attempting to justify his greatness to us, like anyone who has a slight criticism of him is some unenlightened idiot. Every £#%&!er on here has lived through United's most dominant period in history, people may have an idea of what a top class player is and the standard that is required to compete.

Rashford has potential, I may rate that potential lower than others. I sincerely hope he proves me completely wrong.

Unread 19-04-2019, 01:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Alllllll the way back to August ?

People saying get rid of him at this stage are mental, I agree. But I'd also put those who are saying he is currently top class and good enough to lead the line into that bracket too.

For me it is rather simple. Is he currently good enough to lead the line for this club to mount a title challenge or will he be the season after ? Answer for me is no. So get a striker who is capable of that. Meanwhile Rashford will still be part of the squad and play an important role.

No issue with Rashford himself, his wage demands (beyond caring what footballers earn), what he wears or any other shit. As a United academy product he has done very well to get where he is, as it is probably the hardest position to break through, minus the keeper. Issue is probably more with people on here attempting to justify his greatness to us, like anyone who has a slight criticism of him is some unenlightened idiot. Every £#%&!er on here has lived through United's most dominant period in history, people may have an idea of what a top class player is and the standard that is required to compete.

Rashford has potential, I may rate that potential lower than others. I sincerely hope he proves me completely wrong.
15 years ago at least we as fans used to wait until players had actually done something before heaping hero worship and blinkered praise onto them.

Now all they have to to do is score a couple of goals and suddenly there's an army of social media millennial shithead fanatics who nail their colours to the mast and absolutely will not entertain any notion that their favourite isn't the "bestest player in the world".

It's kind of the world we live in in microcosm really. It's Black or white, no grey area, if you criticise you're saying "they're shit", you know nothing about football, you're a non believer and not as good a fan as me. It's childlike. It's demented. And it's people on the internet again not willing to take a backward step against strangers, as usual.

If Rashford does, one of these days, turn out to be this world class player that so many have been telling us he's going to be - then great. I'll be the first to hold my hands up and say 'i was wrong'.

But jesus christ lads, go back and look at the performances of the likes of Beckham, Ronaldo, Giggs and Scholes when they'd banked hundreds of first team appearances and tell me if ANY of this lot are near that level. Not even close. It's not event the same £#%&!ing planet.

Unread 19-04-2019, 03:11 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
15 years ago at least we as fans used to wait until players had actually done something before heaping hero worship and blinkered praise onto them.

Now all they have to to do is score a couple of goals and suddenly there's an army of social media millennial shithead fanatics who nail their colours to the mast and absolutely will not entertain any notion that their favourite isn't the "bestest player in the world".

It's kind of the world we live in in microcosm really. It's Black or white, no grey area, if you criticise you're saying "they're shit", you know nothing about football, you're a non believer and not as good a fan as me. It's childlike. It's demented. And it's people on the internet again not willing to take a backward step against strangers, as usual.

If Rashford does, one of these days, turn out to be this world class player that so many have been telling us he's going to be - then great. I'll be the first to hold my hands up and say 'i was wrong'.

But jesus christ lads, go back and look at the performances of the likes of Beckham, Ronaldo, Giggs and Scholes when they'd banked hundreds of first team appearances and tell me if ANY of this lot are near that level. Not even close. It's not event the same £#%&!ing planet.
You cheeky £#%&!er

Like a few others, you go missing when it's time to praise Rashford. When he's scoring winners against Spurs at Wembley or tucking pens in Paris you haven't got much to say. But miss a chance at Camp Nou and it's bemoaning entrenched views and lack of rationale.

The lad's a big talent; we'll see how good he'll be. Maybe he'll be a huge star or maybe he'll just be a good player for us. But if we want to go back 15 years I remember having arguments with people on RI advocating patience with Ronaldo. The "either he's good enough or he isn't" argument was used back then. Although at least I don't think there were laughable complaints about searching for a grey area

Unread 19-04-2019, 03:19 PM
utd99

Which takes on a different slant if the debate had instead been about Kieran Richardson, Darron Gibson, Danny Welbeck etc instead of Ronaldo - the example advocates love to trot out. Plenty of young players have not made it here, and most of them had ardent supporters at some point.

Unread 19-04-2019, 03:26 PM
messhead

Giggs definitely wasn't a week in week out great player at 21. Brilliant on his day but so is Rashford. For the record Giggs is probably my favourite ever Utd player. Also my knowledge of Scholes coming into the side is shaky (I was single digits when he was breaking through) but am sure I read someone on here saying he was barely starting at that age.

Unread 19-04-2019, 03:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Giggs definitely wasn't a week in week out great player at 21. Brilliant on his day but so is Rashford. For the record Giggs is probably my favourite ever Utd player. Also my knowledge of Scholes coming into the side is shaky (I was single digits when he was breaking through) but am sure I read someone on here saying he was barely starting at that age.
Wasn’t a regular until he was 22/23, same with Beckham IIRC.

Unread 19-04-2019, 03:34 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Which takes on a different slant if the debate had instead been about Kieran Richardson, Darron Gibson, Danny Welbeck etc instead of Ronaldo - the example advocates love to trot out. Plenty of young players have not made it here, and most of them had ardent supporters at some point.
Yes I remember those long ferocious debates over Gibson's potential.

Unread 19-04-2019, 03:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yes I remember those long ferocious debates over Gibson's potential.
Closed Thread