United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-04-2019, 11:41 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
yep that's what the vast majority of United fans would say

however....if we lose our next three games what do you think the reaction will be....we won't but there is an outside chance of that happening
Well I think we know what the reaction should be, but I think we also know what the reaction is likely to be. It's happening already unfortunately. We're a very confused football club atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
What makes you think i'm calling for old, established, or track record?

Bizarre to bring up Guardiola. He had Messi on a silver platter and the greatest midfield duo of the era in Xavi and Iniesta. He hasnt done anything worth a £#%&! since he had those.

Fergie won european trophies with Aberdeen. With all due respect these are not fair comparisons to Ole.

There is taking a chance and there is consigning yourself to misery. Sorry but Solskjaer has yet to show anything in his career worthy of a job like this. Nobody would have dared to say he gets it permanent in December.

We are a gonna continue to be a mess for another 2 or 3 years. This is what we've signed up for now. You would have thought with Mou gone this was the perfect opportunity.

I'm doubting this whole situation very hard. Serious doubts. Hope i'm wrong but i'm thinking we'll struggle next season.
There's a danger in over-emphasizing a point to bolster your position, for example labelling Solskjaer simply as some Norwegian manager. The point about experience is valid; however so is replying that our last three appointments had about 200 years experience and countless titles, and where did that get us? The point about Messi et al is also valid, but so is the response that it didn't exactly help Villanova and Martino, did it?

If we're going to be a mess for 2 or 3 years -and I think that's probably right- then why not be bold? Take a chance on a man who bleeds red and black but is also a smart, young, hungry manager and has the greatest of all time in his corner. Give him time and patience and let him re-build United in a way he understands it needs to be re-built. If all we're going to do is second guess after a month of poor performances then I fear that much more than any mistakes Solskjaer can make tbh.

Unread 19-04-2019, 12:24 AM
£#%&! KFC

Apparently Ole ripped into them in the Nou Camp and said too many of them didn't care and if they want to stay at United they need a big change in performance and attitude......so hes already at the stage the previous manager was with the shit@#%&!s

De Gea Pogba Lingard and Martial were the players he felt let the side down most ..... So looks like he is turning on his mates....Sunday should be interesting

Unread 19-04-2019, 01:47 AM
utd99

Quote:
Apparently Ole ripped into them in the Nou Camp and said too many of them didn't care and if they want to stay at United they need a big change in performance and attitude......so hes already at the stage the previous manager was with the shit@#%&!s

De Gea Pogba Lingard and Martial were the players he felt let the side down most ..... So looks like he is turning on his mates....Sunday should be interesting
Good.

Unread 19-04-2019, 01:53 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Not Ashley Young, his captain?

Unread 19-04-2019, 10:36 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:

Who’d have thought mourinho knew a thing or two about successful dressing rooms. Wonder if woodward is changing his attitude because that’s what needs to happen for ole to have a chance. Woodward has no excuse now he’s got a manager who’s congruent with the club’s culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
Not Ashley Young, his captain?
He’s the captain prior to ole. I suspect it will be different next season, assuming ole’s summer plans aren’t hampered by those above him.

Unread 19-04-2019, 10:52 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Who’d have thought mourinho knew a thing or two about successful dressing rooms. Wonder if woodward is changing his attitude because that’s what needs to happen for ole to have a chance. Woodward has no excuse now he’s got a manager who’s congruent with the club’s culture.
Correct.

Doesn’t matter if you’re gonna spend your life on here bitching about the merits of Ferie/Moyes/lvg/Mou/Ole. They’re all £#%&!ed with this @#%&! over-ruling them on football matters with the approval of the owners... and as bad as Woowoo is, it’s all with the approval of these @#%&!s.

Glazers need to £#%&! off/buyout.

Unread 19-04-2019, 11:01 AM
AK14

No surprise really is it?

Well not to most of us, obviously a few who thought sacking Mourinho would solve all of our problems might need to rethink that stance.

As has been said, Ole will face exactly the same problems Mou did we just need to hope Ole is fully backed by Woodward and the owners.

Unread 19-04-2019, 11:18 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeloso
Soldi ben spesi Fergleson. Ancora.
Couldn’t have said it better myself jeloso

Unread 19-04-2019, 11:49 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Who’d have thought mourinho knew a thing or two about successful dressing rooms.
Of course he did. So did Wenger, Ancelotti, van Gaal etc. Creating one out of this generation of footballers though is quite a different thing. These men simply could not make the transition from being successful with the Lampard, Vieira, Maldini types to Pogba, Xhaka, Ribery types. I can understand why; it’s a completely different skill set from being a manager to a nanny. Mourinho lost it, plain and simple.

Unread 19-04-2019, 12:01 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

He's obviously rumbled their little dressing room clique and is looking to see about dismantling it. Probably why we're getting the level of performances we are at the moment.

Crazy isn't it. We employ arguably the most successful manager of the last 10 years and then refuse to back him in the transfer window when he wants to make the dressing room his but we then employ a virtual novice at this level and word is they're going to back him with the "largest ever transfer budget".

What the £#%&! are we doing?

Unread 19-04-2019, 12:03 PM
MagnificentSeven

the difference is, jose acted like he was bigger than the club and allowed his ego to take precedence. publicly slagged his own players off to the press, singled them out, and usually he went for players who didn't deserve it as much as certain others.

ole simply gave the players a %@#$&!ing for a shit performance.

Unread 19-04-2019, 12:04 PM
AK14

Unread 19-04-2019, 12:08 PM
Sparky***

Let him do it. Get the power balance back in check within the club.

Go scorched earth. It's now or never really. Back the manager to the hilt. If we have to bottom out around 7th or 8th for a couple of years, so be it.

The culture of the club has to change now.

Unread 19-04-2019, 12:10 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Let him do it. Get the power balance back in check within the club.

Go scorched earth. It's now or never really. Back the manager to the hilt. If we have to bottom out around 7th or 8th for a couple of years, so be it.

The culture of the club has to change now.
This.

Unread 19-04-2019, 12:10 PM
ZiggyStardust

Wasn’t holding back in his presser was he
I like what he says
Let’s hope he backs it up next season

Quote:
“I’ve learned a lot about them over the months I’ve been here now,” the manager said before Sunday’s game at Everton. “You get to know them; most of them have really impressed me in their attitude and there are some that need to get a reality check on where they’re at.

“When you’re out there, there is no hiding place, you can’t hide and everyone can see where your levels are at. We’re also working on training here with a fantastic staff. I’ve got to create this culture that we want.

“You’ve got players to take ownership of what’s happening here as well. But of course it’s the performances on the pitch which will determine where they’re at in their careers. But most of them know they can improve if they keep working as they do.”

One of those who attracted Solskjær’s discontent is Anthony Martial, who signed a new five-year contract in January but has delivered underwhelming performances in recent weeks.

The manager said: “I’ve spoken to individuals and they know, and Anthony’s one of them. I’ve spoken to all of them individually what we expect from them.

“Anthony’s got a massive talent, he’s signed a new contract, he knows that we believe in him so just keep on working. I think anyone that plays for Manchester United has to deliver to stay in the squad and stay in the team.”

Solskjær faces a summer of upheaval as he looks for United to challenge on the domestic and European fronts once again but he warned a spate of signings will not act as a panacea.

Solskjær said: “We know we have to be realistic here and we know we have a job to be done. There’s no quick fix; it’s not like we buy seven players and suddenly we’re in the right shape, we are where we are.

“We have to take it step-by-step and of course there will be signings made in the summer.”

Unread 19-04-2019, 12:16 PM
AK14

Just hope he’s fully backed by those above him.

Unread 19-04-2019, 12:17 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He's obviously rumbled their little dressing room clique and is looking to see about dismantling it. Probably why we're getting the level of performances we are at the moment.

Crazy isn't it. We employ arguably the most successful manager of the last 10 years and then refuse to back him in the transfer window when he wants to make the dressing room his but we then employ a virtual novice at this level and word is they're going to back him with the "largest ever transfer budget".

What the £#%&! are we doing?
What we should be doing. If Mourinho had acted like a man instead of a hysterical teenaged girl maybe he would have gotten continued backing as well. Let’s not forget the dross he bought when he was backed, eh?

Unread 19-04-2019, 12:21 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
What we should be doing. If Mourinho had acted like a man instead of a hysterical teenaged girl maybe he would have gotten continued backing as well. Let’s not forget the dross he bought when he was backed, eh?
He did get backed
How many players did he sign...9 or 10?

Most of the players who are considered the biggest issues in the dressing room are players Mou signed
Shocked the club didn’t trust him to replace the players he already bought

Unread 19-04-2019, 12:28 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
He did get backed
How many players did he sign...9 or 10?

Most of the players who are considered the biggest issues in the dressing room are players Mou signed
Shocked the club didn’t trust him to replace the players he already bought
I think that’s part of the problem though tbh. If you aren’t willing to back the manager and allow him to make mistakes in the transfer market you may as well sack him. Pep has signed players only to realise they aren’t up to standard and has been allowed to replace them immediately.

Whether you liked Mou and LvG or not, them being overruled on footballing matters by the likes of Woodward isn’t the best structure to have. Nothing wrong with not backing a manager with one or two signings (summer 2017) but to brief the press against the manager regarding his transfers is absolutely ridiculous

We can’t have an investment banker thinking he knows more about football than our manager etc. Probably why a sporting director is so important this summer?

Unread 19-04-2019, 12:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I think that’s part of the problem though tbh. If you aren’t willing to back the manager and allow him to make mistakes in the transfer market you may as well sack him. Pep has signed players only to realise they aren’t up to standard and has been allowed to replace them immediately.

Whether you liked Mou and LvG or not, them being overruled on footballing matters by the likes of Woodward isn’t the best structure to have. Nothing wrong with not backing a manager with one or two signings (summer 2017) but to brief the press against the manager regarding his transfers is absolutely ridiculous

We can’t have an investment banker thinking he knows more about football than our manager etc. Probably why a sporting director is so important this summer?
Pep is working with no budget.
Closed Thread