United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-07-2009, 10:31 AM
suedeshoes

Default Berbatov

Dimitar will step up next season and become the player we know he can be. The team was set-up to produce the best from the ponce and now he's gone Dimi will become the fulcrum of the attack. We'll all be swooning over him by xmas. Gloom lifted.

Unread 07-07-2009, 10:32 AM
believe

wum

Unread 07-07-2009, 10:38 AM
dunk

This thread just pushed me closer to full-on depression.

Unread 07-07-2009, 10:39 AM
suedeshoes

He's a great player. He will prove it. I'd rather have him than Tevez.

Unread 07-07-2009, 10:40 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
This thread just pushed me closer to full-on depression.

Unread 07-07-2009, 10:42 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Dimitar will step up next season and become the player we know he can be. The team was set-up to produce the best from the ponce and now he's gone Dimi will become the fulcrum of the attack. We'll all be swooning over him by xmas. Gloom lifted.
we are £#%&!ed if we are relying on that nonchalant @#%&!

Unread 07-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Was just saying the same. It seemed like Rooney and Berbatov were there to supply Ronaldo more than anything else last year. I reckon the partnership of the 2 will get 50 league goals or thereabouts next season.

Unread 07-07-2009, 10:46 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Was just saying the same. It seemed like Rooney and Berbatov were there to supply Ronaldo more than anything else last year. I reckon the partnership of the 2 will get 50 league goals or thereabouts next season.

Unread 07-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Harri Jaffa

Rooney will be the difference next season

Unread 07-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
we are £#%&!ed if we are relying on that nonchalant @#%&!
didn't realise arsenal had signed him

Unread 07-07-2009, 11:10 AM
borsuk

berbatov-rooney is as good a partnership as anyone will have in england and has the potential to be truly great.

the worry is the lack of thrust and threat from m/f. i really hope we'll see anderson pushed further forward this year so he can play in the last third more of the time, with berbatov and rooney ahead of him and carrick and fletcher/hargreaves behind. anderson as a defensive midfielder just doesn't work that well, i'm afraid.

Unread 07-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
berbatov-rooney is as good a partnership as anyone will have in england and has the potential to be truly great.

the worry is the lack of thrust and threat from m/f. i really hope we'll see anderson pushed further forward this year so he can play in the last third more of the time, with berbatov and rooney ahead of him and carrick and fletcher/hargreaves behind. anderson as a defensive midfielder just doesn't work that well, i'm afraid.
We will not be able to rely on Giggs to play as much as last year either

Unread 07-07-2009, 11:18 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
We will not be able to rely on Giggs to play as much as last year either
true. hopefully anderson was watching the way giggs controlled possession and knew the right moment to carry the ball forward and the right moment to pass. if he was watching and learning then the model for the kind of player he might become was right under his nose last year.

Unread 07-07-2009, 11:18 AM
marlo

Quote:

did you type that with a straight face?

that partnership was so good saf himself didnt even play it once in the latter stages ont he champions league?

has the potential to be so great that neither of them played upfront in the champions league final?

Unread 07-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:

can work brilliantly but as yet not consistently

anderson can turn up and boss the supposed best of europe or equally not show

we got some great performances last year where he was obviously told he would get 70 mins and to go flat out. if developed he can be a genuine box to box player

Unread 07-07-2009, 11:24 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo

we got some great performances last year where he was obviously told he would get 70 mins and to go flat out. if developed he can be a genuine box to box player
yeah, that's the point. i think his best performances have clearly been alongside a defensive-minded player like hargreaves or fletcher, when he's freed up to play box to box and not restrict himself to staying behind the ball 95% of the time. in that role he's had the better of gerrard and fabregas, amongst others, but he's not as effective when his role is restricted (as in the cl final). imho, of course.

Unread 07-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo

This.

Anderson is better suited as a box to box Vieira-lite type for my money, he can run with the ball & he can pass it equally well when he's in form. His tackling is better suited to the modern game, with staying on his feet. He can't shoot for £#%&!ing shit, so I don't see the point in making him some kind of Ronaldinho trickster up behind the strikers.

I hope he watches Giggs & see's the penetration carrying the ball can have, & the £#%&!ing annoyance a mincey little flick in the middle of the pitch to no one can also have. You need to see the best & worst of someone to learn properly. Anderson has many great things to his game, & like Giggs, some very obvious flaws - the lesson is surely to adapt like the genius Giggs is & play to your strengths.

Unread 07-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Are you denying the fact that Rooney was often played wide and Berbatov very deep in order to play to Ronnie's strengths?

Unread 07-07-2009, 11:53 AM
Hugh Jardon

Quote:

yeah coz Ando is a real goal threat isnt he?

Unread 07-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Are you denying the fact that Rooney was often played wide and Berbatov very deep in order to play to Ronnie's strengths?
exactly. it's not as simple as 'fergie didn't trust the partnership'

having such a dynamic player like ronaldo in the team can severely affect what everyone else does, and their role. without doubt he was, in one way or another, a target man whether this was stated by fergie or not. It's going to be a huge difference this season, I personally think we'll switch back more to a straightforward 4-4-2 formation hence the purchase of valencia and obertan, and indeed owen.

I really do hope we buy a decent midfielder though, i'd take a top class midfielder over a winger or striker if given the choice.
Closed Thread