Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
In what regard?
Incompetence

Unread 18-03-2022, 10:33 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
It's still the biggest club in the world
Nostalgia FC. Absolutely boils my piss when we talk ourselves up.

The hac is still the best night club in the world too.

Unread 18-03-2022, 10:42 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
In what regard?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Incompetence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Nostalgia FC. Absolutely boils my piss when we talk ourselves up.

The hac is still the best night club in the world too.
70,000 fans week in week out in an old fashioned stadium that is full of ordinary people who give a shit. Go to City, Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham, Spurs and see what football has become. The scousers are the same as us.

Unread 18-03-2022, 10:47 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
70,000 fans week in week out in an old fashioned stadium that is full of ordinary people who give a shit. Go to City, Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham, Spurs and see what football has become. The scousers are the same as us.
I didn’t say they aren’t a big club. Why do you take that so personally? They’re not the biggest club in the world . Unless you specify a definition. Tbh even, the haven’t won the most trophies, they don’t play the best football, they don’t have the biggest stadium in the world, they don’t even have the biggest revenue anymore (I think) .

They might sell the most shirts and if that’s the remit for biggest club in the world then I don’t want it

At a push, they might have the most fans but who cares?, that’s such a city thing to do. Shout from the top “ we are the biggest club in the world because we have the tallest flood lights “

At the end of the day, they don’t play the best football, the squad is rotten and the owners and board have zero footballing ambition. I love the club and will always support them but the idea of the biggest club in the world just isn’t true and you know what even if it is in some capacity , who cares? They’re still shit and will continue to be so for the near future

Unread 18-03-2022, 10:52 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
I didn’t say they aren’t a big club. Why do you take that so personally? They’re not the biggest club in the world . Unless you specify a definition. Tbh even, the haven’t won the most trophies, they don’t play the best football, they don’t have the biggest stadium in the world, they don’t even have the biggest revenue anymore (I think) .

They might sell the most shirts and if that’s the remit for biggest club in the world then I don’t want it

At a push, they might have the most fans but who cares?, that’s such a city thing to do. Shout from the top “ we are the biggest club in the world because we have the tallest flood lights “

At the end of the day, they don’t play the best football, the squad is rotten and the owners and board have zero footballing ambition. I love the club and will always support them but the idea of the biggest club in the world just isn’t true and you know what even if it is in some capacity , who cares? They’re still shit and will continue to be so for the near future
Agree with all of that. But Manchester United has something special. You can see it when players run out, when away fans turn up. It is a ‘thing’. It’s MUFC.

Unread 18-03-2022, 10:56 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Agree with all of that. But Manchester United has something special. You can see it when players run out, when away fans turn up. It is a ‘thing’. It’s MUFC.
I don’t doubt that. It’s what attracted me to the club in the first place. The history , the romance the club has. Using the youth players in every squad since 1930 something .

Even the tragedies, incredibly sad but the club came back and showed so much strength . The last min goals, the treble , those little moments that could have easily gone wrong but didn’t.

Taking you on that emotional rollercoaster of lows then in a matter of mins becoming incredible highs. Nobody does it better than Manchester United. (Or did)

However Footballers these days, none a single one of them would give a shit. Kane isn’t coming for the club . They just don’t work like that anymore. No player would. It’s a job to them at the end of the day . I don’t expect them to either. Kane is a Tottenham fan (one of their own etc all all that) if he ever leaves it’s to win trophies and he won’t be doing that at Man Utd

Unread 18-03-2022, 10:59 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Stop it. We’re not special. You can’t see anything special when our players run out. We’re £#%&!ing shit. The whole thing.

LFC are 10 times the club that we are at the moment. Absolutely everyone busting a gut to make it’s the best it can be. Fans, players, manager, owners. All aligned.

We’re at least 5 years off that, and that’s if everything goes to plan. It won’t.

Unread 18-03-2022, 11:12 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Stop it. We’re not special. You can’t see anything special when our players run out. We’re £#%&!ing shit. The whole thing.

LFC are 10 times the club that we are at the moment. Absolutely everyone busting a gut to make it’s the best it can be. Fans, players, manager, owners. All aligned.

We’re at least 5 years off that, and that’s if everything goes to plan. It won’t.

Unread 19-03-2022, 12:45 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:

Stop being a shithouse. It's not an algorithm. Of course we're special.

You could support Sheffield Wednesday but you don't. Enjoy that.

Quote:
Even the tragedies,

Harry Kane though. Cracking player.

Unread 19-03-2022, 07:17 AM
Hyman_Roth

Fair enough. We were special 10 years ago. We’re now special needs.

Unread 19-03-2022, 07:51 AM
Boring Dave

Quote:
Fair enough. We were special 10 years ago. We’re now special needs.
When was the last time we actually turned over a decent European outfit at Old Trafford? Inter 2009? Milan you could stretch to 2010?

We’re absolutely £#%&!ing abysmal in every sense. Pound for pound the worst value of any fan experience in global sport.

Unread 19-03-2022, 08:43 AM
MUFC One Love

Our owners don't give a shit. That's the main problem.

We might make a big signing this summer but that isn't what we need. I'd pay big money for Rice, as long as we have funds to buy other players (which we should be able to do, but obviously haven't got).

The owners are terrible.
Most of the players aren't likeable.
A lot of players on big wages who aren't good enough to warrant it.

It's a mess.

If the club get the right people running the football side and a good manager they may make big strides quickly but doesn't anyone trust them to get it right?

Our technical director is bouncing around on the touchline in a tracksuit.

Unread 19-03-2022, 08:53 AM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Quicker to whip off when he soils himself tbf.

Unread 19-03-2022, 09:36 AM
Chopper

Quote:
It's still the biggest club in the world
Absolutely.

Unread 19-03-2022, 09:48 AM
NedKelly

Are we top boys in our own heads? We struggle to beat even the b-teams in Europe these days. I don’t see players bending over backwards to play for us like they do with Barcelona, happily taking cuts to wages if it means getting to wear the shirt.

For the record, I will always support us, I still watch every single game I possibly can, attend matches when possible (admittedly haven’t even thought about going recently, but that’s more exhaustion from work and raising a child). Im just trying to be realistic and I can’t see Kane wanting to come here if trophies is his main motivation, which im pretty sure he claims it is. He’s at a point in his career where the end is in sight - he’s still a few years off but im sure in his head he must be aware he isn’t getting any younger.

I would have loved him a few seasons ago but I think it’s the wrong time and it would bite us in the arse long term.

Unread 19-03-2022, 09:59 AM
Pop

World class players would rather join Real, Liverpool, City, Bayern, PSG, etc at the moment. Not Utd. That's the measure of being the biggest club in the world.

We don't want to admit it to ourselves but we all know why Ronaldo is at Utd.

Unread 19-03-2022, 10:00 AM
Ethers

Quote:

Weird use of they, repeatedly, tbh.

Unread 19-03-2022, 10:00 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

…..Getting booked in the process

Unread 19-03-2022, 12:39 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Weird use of they, repeatedly, tbh.
Just feels a lot less like “we” and more like “they” for quite a while, now

Not remotely weird
Closed Thread