United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Unread 07-10-2019, 01:08 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath View Post

I suspect in the global game of Top Trumps (no pun intended) a female US killer still beats a working class kid from a foreign country.

No chance she faces justice.

Still think we'll get a great trade deal??
25% tariff on Scotch Whisky from Oct 18th #GreatTradeDeal

Unread 07-10-2019, 01:24 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock View Post
25% tariff on Scotch Whisky from Oct 18th #GreatTradeDeal
Special Relationship

in the same way Virgil and Ted DiBiase had one. (one for the wrestling fans there)

Unread 08-10-2019, 03:41 PM
rubbernecker

Jonathan Sacoolas does not hold, and has never held, a diplomatic rank. He has never been a member of staff of a diplomatic mission. (All those with diplomatic rank appear in the diplomatic list, see above link. That list also includes some attaches who do not have diplomatic rank (depending on the type of attache), but there is nobody with diplomatic rank not in the list).

Jonathan Sacoolas does not have, and has never had, any entitlement to diplomatic immunity in international law. Sacoolas works as an NSA technical officer at the communications interceptions post at “RAF Croughton”. His role is support to the interception of communications from British citizens. As I explained in Murder in Samarkand, the NSA and GCHQ share all intelligence reports, but each faces legal constraints on mass spying on its own citizens. So the NSA has staff here fronting the spying on British citizens, while GCHQ has staff in the US fronting the spying on US citizens, and the polite fiction is that the results are transmitted back over the Atlantic to the US or UK respectively, before being “shared” with the partner intelligence agency........

......The UK has no Vienna Convention obligation to acknowledge the “immunity” of Sacoolas’ wife, contrary to all reporting to date. What does apparently exist between the UK and US is a secret, bilateral agreement to treat GCHQ and NSA staff as if they had diplomatic immunity. That is not at all the same thing as Vienna Convention protection under international law. I cannot conceive the grief of Harry Dunn’s parents, but I do hope that they are not deceived by the pretence at intervention in this case by Johnson and Raab.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archi...en-a-diplomat/

Unread 09-10-2019, 10:48 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Special Relationship

in the same way Virgil and Ted DiBiase had one. (one for the wrestling fans there)
Trump refusing to hand her over.

Special Relationship

Friends

Exporters of Democracy

and these are the Good Guys we are relying on to save us post-Brexit???

Unread 09-10-2019, 11:11 PM
red in cumbria

If we don't see big billboard posters of Johnson literally in Trump's pocket at the forthcoming election (whenever that may actually be) then the opposition parties deserve to lose it.

Unread 09-10-2019, 11:17 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
If we don't see big billboard posters of Johnson literally in Trump's pocket at the forthcoming election (whenever that may actually be) then the opposition parties deserve to lose it.
spitting image two davids style?

of course, all trump would have to do is put her on trial.

Unread 10-10-2019, 07:16 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
spitting image two davids style?

of course, all trump would have to do is put her on trial.
In the US ? For an alleged crime in the UK ?

Is that possible ?

Unread 10-10-2019, 07:35 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Trump refusing to hand her over.

Special Relationship

Friends

Exporters of Democracy

and these are the Good Guys we are relying on to save us post-Brexit???
She's a spook's wife

It'll be flushed down the memory hole soon enough

Unread 10-10-2019, 08:01 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker View Post
She's a spook's wife

It'll be flushed down the memory hole soon enough
I thought he was more a surveillance bod and it is a loose bit of diplomatic immunity?

Either way, it's a mess and I reckon a Tribal Warlord like Trump will just offer to pay them off.

Unread 10-10-2019, 08:05 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
I thought he was more a surveillance bod and it is a loose bit of diplomatic immunity?

Either way, it's a mess and I reckon a Tribal Warlord like Trump will just offer to pay them off.
Well he's already fracked off the Kurds. Apparently they didn't help the US in Normandy so blow them....