United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 09-10-2019, 11:55 AM
Finport Red

A good match in that, he kind of typifies United since he lost all that weight on his high fibre diet. A once visually impressive sight, now with nothing up front, sagging at the edges and no longer tight at the back.

Unread 09-10-2019, 12:08 PM
est.1878

know someone who says the hardest part of his job recently is getting clients to accept his invite for his works' box

its a slow pop but its ON

Unread 09-10-2019, 12:17 PM
Zorg

Unread 09-10-2019, 12:33 PM
Switching Off

Watched one of his shows where he was doing a sunday dinner, and he said you should never shake the par boiled spuds before roasting them

Tbf though, went to one of his food/music festivals over the summer and it was decent.

Unread 09-10-2019, 04:12 PM
Hector

I went to his restaurant in Marlow, The Hand & Flowers. The place was cold, we were given a tiny table by the door when the rest of the place was empty. It was so dark you couldn't read the menu. Service was invisible.

Presented with the signature mini pastie - I prefer the local butcher's for 1/4 of the price. £40 for a main course of pork belly which may have well have come from a Harvester or Beefeater.

Wine was extortionate, something like £80 for a Valpolicella I normally buy for £20.

£250 for two people for very average food. 1/5. Would not recommend.

He's got a whole bunch of Michelin starred restaurants within a few miles, if he wasn't on TV the place would be bust by now. Paley Street is 10mins away and is far better, cheaper, and has proper Celebs in it too.

Unread 09-10-2019, 05:04 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector
I went to his restaurant in Marlow, The Hand & Flowers. The place was cold, we were given a tiny table by the door when the rest of the place was empty. It was so dark you couldn't read the menu. Service was invisible.

Presented with the signature mini pastie - I prefer the local butcher's for 1/4 of the price. £40 for a main course of pork belly which may have well have come from a Harvester or Beefeater.

Wine was extortionate, something like £80 for a Valpolicella I normally buy for £20.

£250 for two people for very average food. 1/5. Would not recommend.

He's got a whole bunch of Michelin starred restaurants within a few miles, if he wasn't on TV the place would be bust by now. Paley Street is 10mins away and is far better, cheaper, and has proper Celebs in it too.
Ay up; Egon Ronay’s in...

Unread 09-10-2019, 06:20 PM
red in cumbria

My parents went to the Hand and Flowers and enjoyed it. Was the best part of a decade ago, mind.