United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-02-2009, 10:20 AM
wiganste

My two pence worth

Rio - nobody reads the game better than him. He rarely gets caught out of position, his concentration has improved 100% (which it had to), his passing/distribution is superb and he hardly ever gets done for pace. Great in the air, tremendous leardership qualities - should be captain.

Nemanja - I'd go as far as saying he's the best tackler in the world. No one can get past him and if they do, he's a cynical @#%&! and will have you eating turf. Brave, great headerer of the ball, eye for goal and almost reads the game as well as Rio. Distribution is quite shit though but as a no nonsence centre back, there's no one better.

We're very lucky to have these two and it can only benefit Johnny Evans because he's learning from the very best.

Rio>Nemanja (only by a gnats fanny) but this season Nemanja is the best player in the league.

Unread 13-02-2009, 10:24 AM
elephantstone

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
My two pence worth

Rio - nobody reads the game better than him. He rarely gets caught out of position, his concentration has improved 100% (which it had to), his passing/distribution is superb and he hardly ever gets done for pace. Great in the air, tremendous leardership qualities - should be captain.

Nemanja - I'd go as far as saying he's the best tackler in the world. No one can get past him and if they do, he's a cynical @#%&! and will have you eating turf. Brave, great headerer of the ball, eye for goal and almost reads the game as well as Rio. Distribution is quite shit though but as a no nonsence centre back, there's no one better.

We're very lucky to have these two and it can only benefit Johnny Evans because he's learning from the very best.

Rio>Nemanja (only by a gnats fanny) but this season Nemanja is the best player in the league.
agreed

Unread 13-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Baron

Devils advocate....

Best pairing & it's pointless banging on about one above the other. Both have covered when the other has been out / shite etc.

Need better nicknames than Daisy & Dolly to eclipse Bruce & Pally tbf.

Unread 13-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Ginners

seeing as offers isnt about ill say it for him: o'shea

Unread 13-02-2009, 11:03 AM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
My two pence worth

Quality stuff ste, agreed.

Unread 13-02-2009, 11:03 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
seeing as offers isnt about ill say it for him: o'shea
Hmmmmm.

Actually paddy Evra must be up there.

Unread 13-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Hmmmmm.

Actually paddy Evra must be up there.
yup, class is evra. the ultimate modern full back.

Unread 13-02-2009, 11:07 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
yup, class is evra. the ultimate modern full back.
Exactly, great in the tackle, rarely beaten in the air these days despite not being the tallest, lightening quick and superb going forward.

Unread 13-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He may have to miss a couple of the next games, no matter how well he is playing though. Either Evans or Brown need to get a game or two before Inter, surely?

How long is Evans out for?
Just been on SSN that Evans and Paddy are back for this weekend but Rooney isn't ready just yet but should be ok for Fulham

Unread 13-02-2009, 01:07 PM
The Return of JC

Good call on Evra. We are a much, much better side with him there (and Ronaldo a much better player). Best LB in the world by a £#%&!in' mile. Especially when you consider the decline of Clichy and Cole.

Agree with the general sentiment that Rio is better, but no one is playing better than Vidic right now. Vidic is not the most technically gifted player, but he reads the game well and, as someone touched on with his cynicism, is very 'streetwise'. He's actually a real @#%&! in pure footballing terms. One of the cleverest shirt pullers I've ever seen. Always pulls the shirt 'down' and always on the blind side of officials. e.g. Agbonlahor at Villa Park.

Frankly, I think Gerrard will win the PFA award. And that's fair enough, in all honesty.

Unread 13-02-2009, 01:15 PM
marlo

1. rio
2. curtis davis
3. carvalho
4. vidic
5. brown

Unread 13-02-2009, 01:16 PM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
1. rio
2. curtis davis
3. carvalho
4. vidic
5. brown
Yup.

Unread 13-02-2009, 01:20 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
1. rio
2. curtis davis
3. carvalho
4. vidic
5. brown

He would be brilliant if he was taller.

Unread 13-02-2009, 01:22 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
And better at football.

But otherwise it's a top choice.

Unread 13-02-2009, 01:23 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
And better at football.

Maybe but I think Marlo's misjudgement of height is the issue here.

Unread 13-02-2009, 01:24 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
And better at football.

You may have a point. I now agree with you.

Unread 13-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
he's 6' 2" apparently.

Either way, the best CB at Villa - when fit - is Laursen by a country mile.

Unread 13-02-2009, 01:29 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
he's 6' 2" apparently.

Either way, the best CB at Villa - when fit - is Laursen by a country mile.
Rubbish, saw him stood near a Citroen 2CV once, definitively proved him to be 6' 7".

Good young defender for such a looming figure.

Unread 13-02-2009, 01:47 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
he's 6' 2" apparently.

No. £#%&!ing. way. Get your eyes tested

Unread 13-02-2009, 01:59 PM
borsuk

spot on ste

the best thing about them is that they are both top players but, like all the best pairings, they are even better together than apart. both of them complement the other so well.

btw, vidic's reading of the game has improved immeasurably since he arrived. he's rarely not in position to cover one of the full backs and is across very quickly if somebody gets past his partner. it was especially apparent during the games with evans where he did some magnificent work covering when required.
Closed Thread