Unread 12-02-2009, 11:17 PM
koppas

I will peak hard if Nemanja wins it.

Unread 12-02-2009, 11:18 PM
withapacketofsweets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
John Terry
Compulsory to have that @#%&! mentioned every year, he's England captain dont you know.

Unread 13-02-2009, 10:01 PM
gbmufc

Stephen Ireland cant possibly win it when he drives a car like this!

Unread 13-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Can someone name me all of Giggs's best games for me. Aside from Chelsea, obviously.

Unread 13-02-2009, 10:31 PM
History

West Brom, Everton, Newcastle, Aalborg, Chelsea, West Ham, Boro,

Just off the top of my head now Anyway.

Unread 13-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Fatboy Shrek

I'll give you West Brom and Chelsea, for absolute sure. West Ham, he was below abysmal till that moment of genius. I think the Giggs thing has been hyped up a little, as much as i've enjoyed some of his displays. Player of the year ffs.

Unread 13-02-2009, 10:40 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
I'll give you West Brom and Chelsea, for absolute sure. West Ham, he was below abysmal till that moment of genius. I think the Giggs thing has been hyped up a little, as much as i've enjoyed some of his displays. Player of the year ffs.
Im convinced we would of won that Newcastle game first day of the season with him playing.

Everton we wouldnt even had come out with a point if he wasnt playing.

Aallborg he was immense.

West Brom 3 assists out of 5

Boro, great again showing the youths how to do it.

West Ham was our best player in a shit display.

Those are the ones that stand out to me. They were all MOTM performances. I don't even thing world player of the year Ronaldo had that many last year.

Unread 13-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by history
west ham was our best player in a shit display.

Those are the ones that stand out to me. They were all motm performances. I don't even thing world player of the year ronaldo had that many last year.
Right.

Unread 13-02-2009, 10:45 PM
History

Quote:
Right.

What? Who was our best player at West Ham then?

AND...Im not slating Ronaldo but thats not his game, He doesnt control a game, he finishes moves scores the goals, or maybe finishes it with an assist. He doesnt put in these MOTM performances.

Unread 13-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
What? Who was our best player at West Ham then?

AND...Im not slating Ronaldo but thats not his game, He doesnt control a game, he finishes moves scores the goals, or maybe finishes it with an assist. He doesnt put in these MOTM performances.
So Giggs controlled the West Ham game? I'm convinced you didn't watch it.

One of the centre backs was our best player. Though no one truly stood out.

Unread 13-02-2009, 10:52 PM
History

Quote:
So Giggs controlled the West Ham game? I'm convinced you didn't watch it.

One of the centre backs was our best player. Though no one truly stood out.
Yeah he did im not saying he did brilliantly at it But was the one doing it.

Unread 13-02-2009, 10:58 PM
Fatboy Shrek

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...4&postcount=37

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...9&postcount=40

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...4&postcount=43

If he wins Player of the year after 1 outstanding display against Chelsea, it'd be funny.

Unread 13-02-2009, 11:03 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Despite his moment of genius that won us the match, indeed he was a 6/10 at best. Unless the goal brought him up to a 7. Vidic and Carrick were our 2 best against West Ham.

Youre bang on fatboy, Giggs is certainly having a better season so far then he did last but player of the year? Not a chance.

Unfortunately Vidic is the only one who can challenge Gerrard right now, and annoyingly it will probably be in vein even though imo he has been the player of the season so far.

Unread 13-02-2009, 11:15 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Despite his moment of genius that won us the match, indeed he was a 6/10 at best. Unless the goal brought him up to a 7. Vidic and Carrick were our 2 best against West Ham.

Youre bang on fatboy, Giggs is certainly having a better season so far then he did last but player of the year? Not a chance.

Unfortunately Vidic is the only one who can challenge Gerrard right now, and annoyingly it will probably be in vein even though imo he has been the player of the season so far.
Looks like he's already challenged him.

Unread 13-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Ether

Agreed about the Giggs hype. He's had some cracking games, but was non-existent for the first few months of the season.

Unread 14-02-2009, 01:16 AM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up

Vidic, Van Der Sar or Carrick

for me has to be Vidic...mind you VDS...incredible to have that many clean sheets with different defence just about every game

Unread 14-02-2009, 01:21 AM
History

Evra should be up there. Hasnt had a bad game all season.

Unread 14-02-2009, 09:00 AM
Tiberian

[quote=Ether;1383010]Agreed about the Giggs hype. He's had some cracking games, but was non-existent for the first few months of the season.[/QUOTE

He could not get into the team in the early part of the season, bar the odd cameo, but he was still playing quite well, mainly in the Cups and as I said the odd league game.

As History mentioned he was very good in the Newcastle home game until he was injured, looked harp and hungry and despite the injury that kept him out for a few games he has maintained that performance level.

The season has gone on, injuries have happened and he has become a very important player again, started the season probably 5th/6th in midfield and 3/4th on the wing but has gradually climbed, almost from the moment he replaced Scholes in AAlberg and immediately added pace and creativity to our game.

He has had an excellent season performance wise, but has not played enough to deserve a yearly award. It would be a cummulative award if he did get it.
Closed Thread