Closed Thread

Unread 11-02-2009, 08:35 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
you are confusing me with "no fun"
Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
sorry mate you're right - having met No Fun and seen your picture youse are very similar. Pardon my mistake please.
pair of @#%&!s

dont know whats the most annoying - being accused of being a sodomite or looking like waynes ears

on balance, would rather be gay

Unread 11-02-2009, 08:41 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
i can See us scoring 3 / 4 against Derby
I'd like to see us score 3 or 4 in our next few League games. Sunday should take care of itself.
We've got the players to do it.
I'm getting so used to us winning 1-0...getting so used to shitting myself as the 'Stoppage Time board' is held aloft, shitting myself thinking "They could quite easilly nick an equaliser from a set piece"

Apart from a handful of games this season we just haven't killed anyone off.
It's not good for my nerves.

I can't see how we get out of this rut though. I can't see anything other than 0-0 at HT against Fulham...a cagey, goal-free encounter where we might nick a late'ish goal but certainly won't have the result in the bag with anything to spare...

Despite the impressive run of wins, there is something uncomfortable & unusual about scraping 1nils every week.
I'm not saying we should hammer everyone 10-0 cause we're United...but you'd expect us to have a few more goals in us when you look at the squad.

Unread 11-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

city

Unread 11-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Boro.

I absolutley despise Boro and everything about that £#%&!ing club.

Maybe City.
But we will breeze Liverpool Arsenal villa and Fulham....?

We'll put three past Boro.

Unread 11-02-2009, 09:21 PM
£#%&! KFC

the Divs would normally be it but not this time not after what happened at OT last year we put it right at Wastelands and we will £#%&!ing batter the @#%&!s at OT

Villa I suppose but their record at OT is

our most important game of the season will be Fulham if we make that gap five points (eight over Villa and 10 over the Rent Boys) there's no way we'll be caught

Unread 11-02-2009, 09:24 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
the Divs would normally be it but not this time not after what happened at OT last year we put it right at Wastelands and we will £#%&!ing batter the @#%&!s at OT

Villa I suppose but their record at OT is

our most important game of the season will be Fulham if we make that gap five points (eight over Villa and 10 over the Rent Boys) there's no way we'll be caught
I keep thinking about this 5 point gap and then if we win next Saturday (Blackburn at home) we'll be 8 clear of the dippers.

But then they play 3 times before we kick a ball again (Newcastle away) and we could find ourselves in the same position we were in prior to West Ham away.

Unread 11-02-2009, 09:24 PM
believe

I thought it was Bolton and West Ham away?

Unread 11-02-2009, 09:34 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I keep thinking about this 5 point gap and then if we win next Saturday (Blackburn at home) we'll be 8 clear of the dippers.

But then they play 3 times before we kick a ball again (Newcastle away) and we could find ourselves in the same position we were in prior to West Ham away.
what so they are going to win all three

we'd still have three games in hand

Unread 11-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Hopskipjump

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

are you sparky ***** in disguise?

Unread 11-02-2009, 11:26 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
what so they are going to win all three

we'd still have three games in hand
I just don't like having them up there.

Unread 11-02-2009, 11:36 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
But we will breeze Liverpool Arsenal villa and Fulham....?

We'll put three past Boro.
Like the past few seasons at Boro?

And I never said we'd 'breeze' past anyone.

Unread 12-02-2009, 01:56 AM
jem

Default we don't have any difficult fixtures

there is only one team that can £#%&! up our march to the title and that is united.

it's about time we started playing properly.

Unread 12-02-2009, 02:43 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I'd like to see us score 3 or 4 in our next few League games. Sunday should take care of itself.
We've got the players to do it.
I'm getting so used to us winning 1-0...getting so used to shitting myself as the 'Stoppage Time board' is held aloft, shitting myself thinking "They could quite easilly nick an equaliser from a set piece"

Apart from a handful of games this season we just haven't killed anyone off.
It's not good for my nerves.

I can't see how we get out of this rut though. I can't see anything other than 0-0 at HT against Fulham...a cagey, goal-free encounter where we might nick a late'ish goal but certainly won't have the result in the bag with anything to spare...

Despite the impressive run of wins, there is something uncomfortable & unusual about scraping 1nils every week.
I'm not saying we should hammer everyone 10-0 cause we're United...but you'd expect us to have a few more goals in us when you look at the squad.
Personally I'm loving all these 1-0s, great for team spirit and an excellent safeguard against complacency creeping in.

We've been here so many times over the last 15 years or so, tension and nerves is what it's all about. Just enjoy the ride....

Unread 12-02-2009, 11:39 AM
The Return of JC

Provided we don’t lose to Liverpool, we should be fine.

I expect we’ll have a little unexpected wobble, because we always do. We do things the hard way. Where, I have no idea, but that’s the unexpected part. I suspect we’ll lose again. In fact, with delicious irony, I can see the next goal we concede beating us, whoever that may be against.

However, we’re in pole position and it’s hard to see past us. We’re clear for a reason and that reason is simple: We are easily the best side in the country. It could all change, but I expect Liverpool to drop more points. Their resources will be stretched once the CL returns and they are primed for points droppage without G & T. Any other side than Portsmouth would’ve taken points off them on Saturday. I can see more of that from them.

The only side that can stop us winning this title is us.

But, for the record, one more defeat at Newcastle.

Unread 12-02-2009, 11:52 AM
antonin jablonsky

Fulham might well be tough, they hardly concede and we rarely score.
Closed Thread