United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-02-2009, 12:44 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
surely a contract killer doesnt cost that much?

Unread 11-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Yup, good thing is whatever happens and whoever leaves, United always goes on.
Always... and should we perform out of our collective skins & win a 3rd title on the spin & retain the CL I actually wouldn't be adverse to breaking up the side a little. Some players like Giggs & Scholes have that motivation to go on & on regardless, I think Rooney has that as well. Others - as mentioned in Keane's biography think that because they've won a European Cup they've achieved what they want & almost rest on their laurels. Not to say Ronnie has, or would, he's improved year in year out at United, but his constant admission of wanting to play in Spain would suggest he's maybe peaked in his desire - if not his ability - to achieve what he can here.

I remember the Juve sides of the '90's clearing out superstars every other year & still winning leagues & getting to 3 CL finals in a row.

If we can replace Ronnie with a powerful, pacy striker & play Rooney & Berbatov off & a goal scoring midfielder we could continue an evolution of the side & shake things up a bit should any of them think they've had enough success...

Or the Gimps could bank it & we'll rely on Tosic & Nani....

Unread 11-02-2009, 12:49 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
Why would you take a loan out now, and pay money on it, if you're not going to use if for at least four months?

Why not just arrange it at the time you need it?
Because its %@#$&!s

Unread 11-02-2009, 12:50 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Because its %@#$&!s
Yeah and ronnie is staying.

Unread 11-02-2009, 12:52 PM
The Watcher

Due to my dislike of those franco #@&%! suckers, I hope we never sell him to them. @#%&!s.

Hopefully we’ll get to Rome this season, knocking those @#%&!s out on the way.

If we do sell him, we should be looking at €100 million. Given his age, ability and marketing, that seems like a reasonable amount to me.

Unread 11-02-2009, 12:53 PM
SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Because its %@#$&!s
That would have been my conclusion too. I know, I know, I can hardly believe I'm typing it in relation to this story.

Unread 11-02-2009, 12:56 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
That would have been my conclusion too. I know, I know, I can hardly believe I'm typing it in relation to this story.
Yes but the reason yopu are typing is deep down, you know he's off, no matter how much you try to deny it.

Unread 11-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Gotta get the money before Santander goes under maybe.
yeah, maybe not

Unread 11-02-2009, 12:58 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
yeah, maybe not
He's off, we know that, even if some are in denial.

Unread 11-02-2009, 01:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
He's off, we know that, even if some are in denial.
Have you ever thought that you are just in a stage of false acceptance, in the strange hope that by convincing yourself it is going to happen from now, you will be in less pain if your worst fears are confirmed and highly delighted when they aren't?

Doomlordian?

Unread 11-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Ginners

he's definitely off

Unread 11-02-2009, 01:03 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Have you ever thought that you are just in a stage of false acceptance, in the strange hope that by convincing yourself it is going to happen from now, you will be in less pain if your worst fears are confirmed and highly delighted when they aren't?

Doomlordian?
I s'pose if you ignore all the evidence of Ronaldos intentions that's possible yes. Not sure why I would ignore all of it though? He wanted to go in the summer, he still clearly wants to go and United are lining up replacements. he's clearly off.

Unread 11-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Pop

They are supposed to be making a move for Frank Ribery in the summer. He'll cost a sizeable chunk of that supposed loan and doubtless the rest is for a load of Wigan or Portsmouth shite that caught Juande Ramos' eye when he was with Spurs.

Unread 11-02-2009, 01:07 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
They are supposed to be making a move for Frank Ribery in the summer. He'll cost a sizeable chunk of that supposed loan and doubtless the rest is for a load of Wigan or Portsmouth shite that caught Juande Ramos' eye when he was with Spurs.
That's Barca.

Unread 11-02-2009, 01:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
I s'pose if you ignore all the evidence of Ronaldos intentions that's possible yes. Not sure why I would ignore all of it though? He wanted to go in the summer, he still clearly wants to go and United are lining up replacements. he's clearly off.
Really?

I had no idea you were this ITK.

I would've thought Ronlado's recent interviews stating his happiness and his desire to stay here for 'many years' and win 'many more trophies' would've been enough to override last summers charade and bad judgement. Hey ho. Or, are you interpreting his comparatively poor recent form as a desire to get away?

Unread 11-02-2009, 01:09 PM
marlo

i know who they really want

Unread 11-02-2009, 01:10 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Really?

I had no idea you were this ITK.

I would've thought Ronlado's recent interviews stating his happiness and his desire to stay here for 'many years' and win 'many more trophies' would've been enough to override last summers charade and bad judgement. Hey ho. Or, are you interpreting his comparatively poor recent form as a desire to get away?
Ha, ha, he said stuff like that before last summer, his actions tell another story. You keep believing though.

Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
who?

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
Sorry but he's a consolation prize and one they won't need.

Pop

Quote:
That's Barca.
Perhaps but Madrid's scumbag players have started their usual tapping up on behalf of the club:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1705/rea...drid-lassana-d

Beckenbauer doesn't seem to be too bothered either...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...n-1605668.html
Closed Thread