United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-03-2019, 01:27 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Duck
Sky over promoting betting services is far more harmful (and annoying) than trying to get women's sport to grow.
Yep, sick to £#%&!ing death of betting promotion, a @#%&!ish industry. Particularly when booze and cig adverts are prohibited.

If you need to have a bet to enjoy football, then you don't like football.

Unread 11-03-2019, 02:51 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Duck
Does sky "over" promoting women's football actually cause any harm to anyone? Might be a bit annoying seeing bad standard of footy when youre used to class, but i bet its encouraging more participation in sports which can only be a good thing for society.

Sky over promoting betting services is far more harmful (and annoying) than trying to get women's sport to grow.
‘Harm’ ffs. It’s not sky’s job to be promoting participation in sports like it’s some kind of public service broadcaster because certain fannies think there shouod be some kind of equivalence between men’s and women’s football. It’s not that people dont want to watch it because it’s women, but because it’s a joke of a standard aand they keep trying to kid us it’s brilliant. The ‘Lionesses’ ffs.

What they spend promoting a dog shit sport hardly anyone wants to see because it’s oh, so worthy and woke could be spent on something more exciting and less horrific such as curling or bader baiting.

Unread 11-03-2019, 02:54 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
‘Harm’ ffs. It’s not sky’s job to be promoting participation in sports like it’s some kind of public service broadcaster because certain fannies think there shouod be some kind of equivalence between men’s and women’s football. It’s not that people dont want to watch it because it’s women, but because it’s a joke of a standard aand they keep trying to kid us it’s brilliant. The ‘Lionesses’ ffs.

What they spend promoting a dog shit sport hardly anyone wants to see because it’s oh, so worthy and woke could be spent on something more exciting and less horrific such as curling or bader baiting.
Same sport as you watch the men play.

you actually have a problem with this getting coverage

Unread 11-03-2019, 03:03 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Same sport as you watch the men play.

you actually have a problem with this getting coverage
In a shooting my mouth off because I’m on an internet website kind of way, yeah. In reality I don’t even have sky so give it about as much weight as a lady goalkeeper’s clearance.

That said I sometimes watcg the women’s US college football on the IPTV for ten minutes for the sheer comedy of it. Women’s sport is quite literally a load of gash.

Unread 11-03-2019, 03:10 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
In a shooting my mouth off because I’m on an internet website kind of way, yeah. In reality I don’t even have sky so give it about as much weight as a lady goalkeeper’s clearance.

That said I sometimes watcg the women’s US college football on the IPTV for ten minutes for the sheer comedy of it. Women’s sport is quite literally a load of gash.
can you play sports mate?

or did you before you hit middle age?

I'm genuinely curious.

always made me laugh watching men criticise athletes when they couldn't even bend to tie their laces without running out of breath.

worth bearing in mind that men's football has been a constant improvement in quality since the leagues were professionalised.

but that is a very basic understanding. you should be aware of that.

Unread 11-03-2019, 03:58 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
can you play sports mate?

or did you before you hit middle age?

I'm genuinely curious.

always made me laugh watching men criticise athletes when they couldn't even bend to tie their laces without running out of breath.

worth bearing in mind that men's football has been a constant improvement in quality since the leagues were professionalised.

but that is a very basic understanding. you should be aware of that.
Irrelevant.

I was quite the sportsman. Fit as a flea, competitive, snide as £#%&!. I genuinely have zero respect for people with no coordination. If you can’t kick a ball, catch a ball, or throw a punch you’re beneath me.

No offence, pal

Unread 11-03-2019, 04:04 PM
jaffo

[quote=Hands of Scone;5120106]‘

What they spend promoting a dog shit sport hardly anyone wants to see because it’s oh, so worthy and woke could be spent on something more exciting and less horrific such as curling or bader baiting.[\quote]

Leave Big Doug alone, he's a war hero and he's got no legs*

*still better than the women's team etc etc...

Edit: just been reading about him, sounds like your sort of chap Sconers...

"Never a person to hide his opinions, Bader also became controversial for his political interventions. A staunch conservative with traditional Victorian values, his trenchantly expressed views on such subjects as juvenile delinquency, apartheid and Rhodesia's defiance of the Commonwealth (he was a strong supporter of Ian Smith's white minority regime) attracted much criticism.[148] During the Suez Crisis, Bader travelled to New Zealand. Some of the more recent African Commonwealth countries had been critical of British military intervention; he replied that they could "bloody well climb back up their trees".[147] During a trip to South Africa in November 1965, Bader said that if he had been in Rhodesia when it made its declaration of independence, he "would have had serious thoughts about changing my citizenship".[147] Later, Bader also wrote the foreword to Hans-Ulrich Rudel's biography Stuka Pilot. Even when it emerged that Rudel was a fervent supporter of the Nazi Party, Bader said that prior knowledge would not have changed his mind about his contribution."

Unread 11-03-2019, 04:34 PM
Hands of Scone

Could he kick a ball?

There’s your answer.

Unread 11-03-2019, 04:52 PM
Red Duck

Quote:

I agree it isnt Sky's job to promote participation in sport as a public service. I suspect they are doing it for the publicity as sky is a pretty toxic brand and this is a very cheap way of looking good. Side benefit for them is it is a tiny market so any growth produces huge % figures for the shareholders to enjoy. Cheap easy to produce content for their ever expanding suite of channels

Lets be honest, if you are already a sky watcher then they have you already as a customer. The loss of the tiny percentage who unsub because of increased women's promotions will eventually be overtaken by the upswing in female subscribers.

#TolerantReds
Closed Thread