United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-10-2015, 09:20 PM
Bunker Buster

Default Oh, FC United....

RIP.

Whoever made this decision really £#%&!ed up....

The timing and publicity is awful, an MP that voted against the union bill etc in bed with a club and its owners in a week that its supporters marched against his party...in an area of Manchester struggling due to cuts by these people...

I'm all for openness and the hurriedly released statement is true they did need to communicate their fears etc onto the Tories, but screams of "you funded us, here's a biscuit and a tour"

Twitter etc blows up..

Utter shambles...

Statement;

Unread 07-10-2015, 09:25 PM
Switching Off

Shouldn't we be keeping politics out of football? Seems a hot topic on their Facebook page lately. David Blatt has been getting a bit too off some looney southern skinheads.

Unread 07-10-2015, 09:33 PM
Zorg

Jesus £#%&!ing christ

Unread 07-10-2015, 10:00 PM
My Name is Keith

Not to be contrary but is there anything wrong with trying to educate the government of the day the value of community based projects?

Liverpool achieved a lot more when it worked with hesaltine than it ever did rallying against thatcher. Manchester city council also - wholly labour run for as long as I can remember but always on the same page as the government of the day. Completely 69'ing with George Osborne as we speak.

Easily misinterpreted and open to criticism but not a serious crime as far as fc are concerned in my book.

There is a though a grudging concern about how ego driven some of it is : one day you're a you've a driving instructor, the next you're on telly fighting the cause of supporters, then the owner/figurehead of a high profile small club and then your meeting ministers and doing rounds of press. Can imagine ak being a bit intolerable with all that tbh.

Unread 07-10-2015, 10:06 PM
Bunker Buster

Totally agree Keith, I'm not arsed either way just enjoying the online arse seeing and cufuffle tbh.....

I feel it's REALLY bad timing though when lots of it's more vocal members and originators were in the streets of Manchester protesting against these people to have it rubbed in their face like this...

They just allowed the picture to surface then hurriedly released a statement...

They should of explained or waited "we will be meeting with blah blah blah to put across our views on locally sourced feta cheese to be used in organic pre game omelettes etc" before all this came out or in a few weeks months etc...

They've refused MP's before and labour during the GE, to have this guy here (with a very dodgy voting history) this week is mental..

Unread 07-10-2015, 10:17 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Not to be contrary but is there anything wrong with trying to educate the government of the day the value of community based projects?

Liverpool achieved a lot more when it worked with hesaltine than it ever did rallying against thatcher. Manchester city council also - wholly labour run for as long as I can remember but always on the same page as the government of the day. Completely 69'ing with George Osborne as we speak.

Easily misinterpreted and open to criticism but not a serious crime as far as fc are concerned in my book.

There is a though a grudging concern about how ego driven some of it is : one day you're a you've a driving instructor, the next you're on telly fighting the cause of supporters, then the owner/figurehead of a high profile small club and then your meeting ministers and doing rounds of press. Can imagine ak being a bit intolerable with all that tbh.
I agree with most of that. They don't need to be doing an MP's PR for them (regardless of his party) by getting involved in photo ops though do they?

Unread 07-10-2015, 10:23 PM
Cream

Haughty £#%&!ing plebs honoured by patrician presence... I've seen similar folk go weak at the knees in front of local MP's.

Quote:
Patronage (clientela) was the distinctive relationship in ancient Roman society between the patronus (plural patroni, "patron") and his cliens (plural clientes, "client"). The relationship was hierarchical, but obligations were mutual. The patronus was the protector, sponsor, and benefactor of the client; the technical term for this protection was patrocinium. Although typically the client was of inferior social class, a patron and client might even hold the same social rank, but the former would possess greater wealth, power, or prestige that enabled him to help or do favors for the client.

The pressures to uphold one's obligations were primarily moral, founded on the mos maiorum, "ancestral custom," and the qualities of fides ("trust, reliability") on the part of the patron and the pietas ("dutiful devotion") demonstrated by the client.
Each to his own.

Unread 07-10-2015, 10:27 PM
My Name is Keith

Yeah, the timing is shit and I didn't appreciate that they'd refused MPs before - that is weird.just thought it was a 'we're proud about what we've done and we intend to tell everybody' kind of thing rather than selective stuff.

Interesting.

Agree too on the photo side 20 times - that's politics though. Think bunk nailed it saying that they could have pre-empted any fall out by a bit of a 'sleeping with the enemy but only to get our point across' tweet earlier in the week.

Quite like the fact that they're naive and not over prepared though like jez c

Unread 07-10-2015, 10:29 PM
suedeshoes

The '3rd sector Comms & supporter engagement professional' #@&%! they've got doing the PR wants sacking the trolling Middlesbrough @#%&!.

Walsh needs to take a long hard look in his mirror (signal, manoeuvre).

Unread 07-10-2015, 10:29 PM
£#%&! KFC

Think they have a lot more to worry about than this tbh

Unread 07-10-2015, 10:30 PM
20 times

Up the Boro

Get this @#%&! out now ffs

Unread 07-10-2015, 10:36 PM
Cream

Thumbs up

So they're naive and yet employ a supporter relations/PR man?

I thought they were supporter owned?

Look, it served a purpose but it's clear now that the ego trip must come to an end, the supporters have been misled. Time to disband and get back on the stretford end.

Unread 07-10-2015, 10:42 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes

Walsh needs to take a long hard look in his mirror (signal, manoeuvre).
wish I'd have come up with that.

Unread 07-10-2015, 11:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

Which they will regret, but lets not go off topic

Unread 08-10-2015, 12:17 AM
ryanMUFC

Seems like these fc united fans have too much time on their hands tbh..

Unread 08-10-2015, 06:13 AM
no fun

Bad bad move by andy Walsh

I've met him a few times via mutual friends, and he has always come across as a very decent lad....but he's got it wrong this time

Unread 08-10-2015, 06:41 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun

I've met him a few times via mutual friends, and he has always come across as a very decent lad....but he's got it wrong this time
He's been getting it wrong for a while, in various ways.

Unread 08-10-2015, 06:42 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun

Nice guy, him and margy were at my mums wedding all day Saturday just gone.. Wish he'd mentioned it....awful decision...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Seems like these fc united fans have too much time on their hands tbh..
What have the fans done ?!?

Unread 08-10-2015, 07:22 AM
My Name is Keith

Thumbs up

Congrats to Mrs Bunks senior for Saturday. Hope she/you/all had a top day.

Unread 08-10-2015, 07:24 AM
puressence

Heard over the last couple of weeks my name is keith saw the future in fc and loved it immensly and bunks is a regular .... Not my words but came from someone who knows ...
Closed Thread