United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-09-2019, 08:44 AM
Jethro

We're done as an elite club. It's obscene how mismanaged we've been over the years. If this was a club in Europe there would be blood. I just don't understand how our fanbase is letting this happen.

The only hope now is middle eastern investment because when anyone else will be able to afford us it'll be too late.

Unread 23-09-2019, 09:22 AM
Sandman

Disappointing to say the least, was hoping we'd have seen more of a style of play this season, but it's more of the same. We still look uncoached, and regardless of our squad deficiencies, there's no excuse for that.

We're doomed.

Unread 23-09-2019, 09:27 AM
ryanMUFC

Big mistake at the start of the season when he said he was happy with his squad. It shown weakness.

When we’re mid table and getting embarrassed left right and centre, it’s Ole that will have to answer to the media.. not Woodward.

Unread 23-09-2019, 09:30 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
There wasn’t but there’s signs that has changed. The club were making noises about rebuilding the club culture and such, and our actions since ole has taken over have been congruent with those noises. Of course, there’s financial limitations and Woodward’s incompetence that will make that plan difficult to carry out, but it’s fair to say there is a change of strategy.

No question the change was motivated by how much money they’ve thrown down the toilet on transfers this past 6 years with hardly any players holding or increasing their value. Even woodward could see that’s a bad strategy for a club which is all about the bottom line.

You doubt his management abilities despite having 10 years experience yet think he’d have been better at a job he’s never done?

Thing is if new owners come in the first thing they’ll do is get a big name manager and start chucking money at it, going back to the same type of shit woodward’s been doing prior to appointing ole.

Those new owners will be the Saudis and I think that will be the final nail for me.
Correct.

I doubt his management skills at this level, not sure why that’s such a shock when we’ve won 5 games out of the last 20 tbf?

Sporting Director is one of those jobs at a football club that an ex player seems to thrives in and Ole definitely seems to have the attributes to succeed in the role imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucie
Bunch of @#%&!s!

Unread 23-09-2019, 09:35 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Disappointing to say the least, was hoping we'd have seen more of a style of play this season, but it's more of the same. We still look uncoached, and regardless of our squad deficiencies, there's no excuse for that.

We're doomed.
This has been said about the squad for the past few years, regardless as to who the manager is. There's something wrong with the team, like they're un-coachable or something.

Imo the players have been treated like spoilt little @#%&!s for too long.

Mou was a toxic £#%&!er, but anytime he criticised or put pressure on the players privately, there was always leaks to the press and he was lambasted for it as a horrible bully. Call me an old fashioned mentalist, but I believe that if a manager can't even criticise one of their own players without worrying about their job, then they're pretty £#%&!ed no matter what.

There's no solid leadership in the dressing room, there seems to be a complete lack of respect for anyone who manages the team and the senior staff (outside of media soundbites). There's a complete lack of team ethic and collective responsibility in the squad.

The dressing room is a collective of overpaid has-beens, never-will-be's, and @#%&!s who couldn't care less one way or another, barring the three summer signing's.

I want Ole to stay, to grab the squad by the collar and shake the shit literally out of the dressing room, and be backed to bring in some leadership and collective 'will to win'.

Instead I think he will be sacked and it will be business as usual for the foreseeable future.

Unread 23-09-2019, 09:38 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
This has been said about the squad for the past few years, regardless as to who the manager is. There's something wrong with the team, like they're un-coachable or something.

Mou was a toxic £#%&!er, but anytime he criticised or put pressure on the players privately, there was always leaks to the press and he was lambasted for it as a horrible bully. Call me an old fashioned mentalist, but I believe that if a manager can't even criticise one of their own players without worrying about their job, then they're pretty £#%&!ed no matter what.

There's no solid leadership in the dressing room, there seems to be a complete lack of respect for anyone who manages the team and the senior staff (outside of media soundbites). There's a complete lack of team ethic and collective responsibility in the squad.

The dressing room is a collective of overpaid has-beens, never-will-be's, and @#%&!s who couldn't care less one way or another, barring the three summer signing's.

I want Ole to stay, to grab the squad by the collar and shake the shit literally out of the dressing room, and be backed to bring in some leadership and collective 'will to win'.

Instead I think he will be sacked and it will be business as usual for the foreseeable future.
Sounds about right.

We need to root out the players who try, but aren't good enough, and replace them with winners. Some lads who won't tolerate the lazy, snide bastards in the squad.

Hoping Maguire is one of these characters. Need more.

Unread 23-09-2019, 09:39 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He's toast, i'm afraid.

Woodward will do what he usually does.
Woodward will move when he thinks the public are overwhelmingly in favour of something.

The support won't turn on Ole for a while so Woodward will sit tight and report record revenues. Which is all the glazers need to know, or care about.

Long story short. Ole is here for 2 more seasons. Well be in the market for a new manager around January 2022

Unread 23-09-2019, 09:41 AM
AK14

Quote:

This.

Unread 23-09-2019, 09:42 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

We definitely looked coached under LvG
Didn't work and the players weren't able to carry out what LvG wanted but it was clear what we were trying to do

The problem under Jose and Ole is I can't actually work out what we are trying to do on the pitch
If it was just a case of the players not being good enough to execute what Ole is asking them to do then you would still be able to see on the pitch what the plan is but sorry I can't

I actually fell sorry for some of our players, they look a bit lost

Unread 23-09-2019, 09:42 AM
waynes ear's

A shit game v Rochdale and a defeat to Arsenal might just blow up Lazzers prediction above

Unread 23-09-2019, 09:53 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
this, he's a patsy. he was flattered to be approached by united and genuinely believed he could turn it around, despite the constraints he would be working under.

let's face it, if two of the greatest managers of the modern era (moyes and lvg) couldn't do the job, then ole was on a hiding to nothing.

Unread 23-09-2019, 10:10 AM
shenwen

Ones signings have been the only bright spot of this seasonx But, seriously concerns on his management ability. A rigid formation (even though we don’t have the right players to fit it), baffling picks and subs. Good players playing within themselves. I also worry if he has the balls. We all point at the players he has sold, which is great, but he seems to bow a lot to the senior players.

He needs to move out Mata, Matic and Lingard at the minimum in January and bring in at least three new midfielders. It’s a huge ask and of course wont happen but anything else and we’ll drown the rest of our this season.

Save the summer for a new LB and striker.

Unread 23-09-2019, 10:11 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Ones signings have been the only bright spot of this seasonx But, seriously concerns on his management ability. A rigid formation (even though we don’t have the right players to fit it), baffling picks and subs. Good players playing within themselves. I also worry if he has the balls. We all point at the players he has sold, which is great, but he seems to bow a lot to the senior players.

He needs to move out Mata, Matic and Lingard at the minimum in January and bring in at least three new midfielders. It’s a huge ask and of course wont happen but anything else and we’ll drown the rest of our this season.

Save the summer for a new LB and striker.
ay up, the £#%&!ing queen's in...

Unread 23-09-2019, 10:17 AM
Ethers

Quote:

Unread 23-09-2019, 10:20 AM
silv

Quote:
trololol

Unread 23-09-2019, 10:22 AM
AK14

Still don’t understand why he switched the full backs around a couple of times during the game?

His constant in game tinkering isn’t really filling me with confidence that he actually knows what he’s dining tbh.

Unread 23-09-2019, 10:23 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Still don’t understand why he switched the full backs around a couple of times during the game?

His constant in game tinkering isn’t really filling me with confidence that he actually knows what he’s dining tbh.
his diet is none of your concern.

ZiggyStardust

Quote:
About time she got involved

windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

I love Ole but he doesn't have a clue. Having said clue is a fundamental part of being a good manager, unfortunately.

Unread 23-09-2019, 10:24 AM
Finport Red

Maybe part of the coaching problem is our lack of coaches, aside from the manager.

Michael Carrick, someone who 'impressed' with the youth team and the fella who put the cones out for Fergie. Not exactly inspiring, is it?
Closed Thread