United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-09-2019, 10:02 AM
AK14

Christ on a bike...

Also said he was very good at other aspects of the game. He was talking about building a partnership at CB.

Nothing wrong with what he said.

Unread 23-09-2019, 10:05 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Christ on a bike...

Also said he was very good at other aspects of the game. He was talking about building a partnership at CB.

Nothing wrong with what he said.
Yeah buy a CB who isn't great in the air and can be bullied
Sounds a great idea for the Premier League

Unread 23-09-2019, 10:19 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Yeah buy a CB who isn't great in the air and can be bullied
Sounds a great idea for the Premier League
So we’re saying he knew all of that before he bought him?...

Managers sometimes sign players that don’t turn out like they thought they would. Happens all the time to the best managers.

Nothing wrong with then trying to sign a player that you think will compliment him in a CB partnership.

Unread 23-09-2019, 10:24 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

Managers sometimes sign players that don’t turn out like they thought they would. Happens all the time to the best managers.

Nothing wrong with then trying to sign a player that you think will compliment him in a CB partnership.
Seems to happen to Jose all the £#%&!ing time now

Signs a player and after a couple of training sessions doesn't fancy him anymore

Unread 23-09-2019, 10:46 AM
dunk

Defending Mourinho The lowest of the low.

Unread 23-09-2019, 12:10 PM
Brucie

To put this into context, Mourinho admitted yesterday he probably deserved to be sacked, as the manager has to carry the can.

As far as I could see yesterday, he wasn't getting any enjoyment out of what's going on. He seemed quite shocked by it, as was Keano (You know it's bad when his voice gets high pitched)

The Lindelof thing though...Why buy him then? I get managers make mistakes. Fergie made heaps of them. Guardiola makes heaps of them but, Mourinho on live TV came out and said that he probably deserved to be sacked and that his major defensive signing has a lot of weaknesses.

Not sure how that's gonna do his future job prospects much good...

Unread 23-09-2019, 12:14 PM
jem

linde is actually better than he seemed initially, too. imagine if he'd kept playing the same way he started.

Unread 23-09-2019, 12:40 PM
atticusgrinch

Bailly and Lindelof were young, promising and comparitively cheap. The idea was likely that they could be rotated with the senior centre backs.

The main problem was that the senior centre backs were Laurel & Hardy.

Unread 23-09-2019, 12:42 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Bailly and Lindelof were young, promising and comparitively cheap. The idea was likely that they could be rotated with the senior centre backs.

The main problem was that the senior centre backs were Laurel & Hardy.

Unread 23-09-2019, 12:47 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
He's a toxic £#%&!ing @#%&! that will spout anything for clicks...

I wouldn't take 60% of the shit he talks seriously...

Step back from the internet.....people attacking Rio in his car, asking if Woodward is briefing the press, tweets, status updates.
It's not real.

Lock in with Ole, it's a full season of this....

But when it clicks......oh.
attacking ffs bunks it was hardly £#%&!ing vietnam

Unread 23-09-2019, 05:42 PM
utd99

Quote:
Well either he did or he didn’t; which one do you think reflects better on him?

I could see from the first two games of pre season that Linders was shit in the air. I’m pretty sure there’s a discussion about it in the archives on here, so I’m not making it up. Mourinho pushed for his purchase and then gave up on him after a few months and wanted a new one. In what other institution is that acceptable?

Maybe you can make the argument that he can’t be responsible for Fergie and van Gaal’s buys, but his own? It’s not good enough to say people make mistakes and other managers are supported. You’d have to be pretty one-eyed to look at the sheer number of players and money spent under both van Gaal and Mourinho to suggest they weren’t backed.

At some point anyone trying to properly evaluate a player or manager should question whether they’re making too many excuses and why.

Unread 23-09-2019, 05:52 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Well either he did or he didn’t; which one do you think reflects better on him?

I could see from the first two games of pre season that Linders was shit in the air. I’m pretty sure there’s a discussion about it in the archives on here, so I’m not making it up. Mourinho pushed for his purchase and then gave up on him after a few months and wanted a new one. In what other institution is that acceptable?

Maybe you can make the argument that he can’t be responsible for Fergie and van Gaal’s buys, but his own? It’s not good enough to say people make mistakes and other managers are supported. You’d have to be pretty one-eyed to look at the sheer number of players and money spent under both van Gaal and Mourinho to suggest they weren’t backed.

At some point anyone trying to properly evaluate a player or manager should question whether they’re making too many excuses and why.
We’re making things up now?

Good to know.

Unread 23-09-2019, 05:54 PM
utd99

Quote:
We’re making things up now?

Good to know.
So who did then?

Unread 23-09-2019, 06:00 PM
AK14

Quote:
So who did then?
Who did what?

Mourinho bought him and like many young centre backs Lindelof struggled to settle in his first season. He then brought him back into the team and was probably our best performer under Mourinho before he was sacked. So you’re making things up when saying he gave up on him and looked for a replacement three months after signing the bloke.

He then wanted Maguire to partner him because he thought they would compliment each other.

Also maybe he thought he could actually improve him in certain aspects of his game over time, after all isn’t that what a manager is paid to do?

Instead of making stuff up or trying to re write history let’s stick to the facts.

Unread 23-09-2019, 06:15 PM
Brucie

Quote:
So who did then?
That's just assuming.

He could have wanted rid of Jones, he could have been losing patience with Bailly (was one match where he claimed to be injured and story was he OK)

We don't know and never will know now so it's irrelevant

Unread 23-09-2019, 07:53 PM
utd99

Quote:
Who did what?

Mourinho bought him and like many young centre backs Lindelof struggled to settle in his first season. He then brought him back into the team and was probably our best performer under Mourinho before he was sacked. So you’re making things up when saying he gave up on him and looked for a replacement three months after signing the bloke.

He then wanted Maguire to partner him because he thought they would compliment each other.

Also maybe he thought he could actually improve him in certain aspects of his game over time, after all isn’t that what a manager is paid to do?

Instead of making stuff up or trying to re write history let’s stick to the facts.
Well what I saw was that he bought a player he didn't play -at least for a long time- so there was obviously something he saw that he didn't like, and at the end of his second year he was "crying" (his quote, not mine) for another centre back, so it was either Bailly or Lindelof that he was admitting was his mistake. Along with having at least 4 others he couldn't get a game out of. I thought the best coaches were supposed to, you know, actually coach.

Not sure what I'm making up there, but the fact that you're banging on about it is quite telling. Give up on the excuses; he did a poor job.

Unread 23-09-2019, 08:19 PM
AK14

Quote:
Well what I saw was that he bought a player he didn't play -at least for a long time- so there was obviously something he saw that he didn't like, and at the end of his second year he was "crying" (his quote, not mine) for another centre back, so it was either Bailly or Lindelof that he was admitting was his mistake. Along with having at least 4 others he couldn't get a game out of. I thought the best coaches were supposed to, you know, actually coach.

Not sure what I'm making up there, but the fact that you're banging on about it is quite telling. Give up on the excuses; he did a poor job.
Well no, a player struggled to settle initially but then did well when he did. Happens all the time.

Smalling, Jones and Rojo have been unwanted by the last two managers while bailly has been injury prone... so no surprise he wanted another CB, are we saying that because he signed two he’s never allowed to sign another one

I’m not saying he did a great job, but maybe stick to facts instead of making things up.

Unread 23-09-2019, 08:31 PM
utd99

Quote:
Well no, a player struggled to settle initially but then did well when he did. Happens all the time.

Smalling, Jones and Rojo have been unwanted by the last two managers while bailly has been injury prone... so no surprise he wanted another CB, are we saying that because he signed two he’s never allowed to sign another one

I’m not saying he did a great job, but maybe stick to facts instead of making things up.
There you go again. It's a bit of a blunt & obvious tactic tbh.

This pathetic excuse fest is making you look a bit needy mate. You really should remember you're a United supporter, not a Mourinho supporter, unless of course you plan on switching allegiances to whoever he manages next.

Unread 23-09-2019, 08:39 PM
AK14

Quote:
There you go again. It's a bit of a blunt & obvious tactic tbh.

This pathetic excuse fest is making you look a bit needy mate. You really should remember you're a United supporter, not a Mourinho supporter, unless of course you plan on switching allegiances to whoever he manages next.

Yeah nice attempt at the deflection tactics pal...

Did expect better from you though.

Just don't get why you’d need make things up to suit your agenda to bash Mourinho, because there’s plenty that he actually did do that you could use.

Anyway, have a good night.

Unread 23-09-2019, 09:09 PM
utd99

Quote:
Yeah nice attempt at the deflection tactics pal...

Did expect better from you though.

Just don't get why you’d need make things up to suit your agenda to bash Mourinho, because there’s plenty that he actually did do that you could use.

Anyway, have a good night.
Donald Trump uses the exact same tactic; 'fake news' and all that, every £#%&!ing time.

And I think we all know how that looks.
Closed Thread