United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 22-09-2019, 08:14 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucie
Carragher was making the point that one player could make the difference to United and he gave the example of Suarez almost winning the league for Liverpool and Keane turns around and says, "But listen Jamie, you didn't win a league did you? Almost!"

Carragher's face

Need a link to this!

Unread 22-09-2019, 08:18 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Could literally be saying anything

Wouldn’t surprise if he did say it
Morale in the squad looks horrible at the moment

You can clearly tell the players don’t have belief in what they are being asked to do
You can’t fake that belief or confidence in what the manager is asking you to do, either you have it or you don’t
Sounds to me like yet again they’re not putting in the effort for the manager. Things start off okay then after a while it’s like they get bored of a manager and just decide to stop trying and safe in the knowledge Woodward will pull the trigger. Is very important at this juncture that we stick by the manager no matter what.
we have to break this vicious cycle and wrestle back control of the club from the players, because at the moment it seems they think they can just put in the effort when it suits them and as soon as a manager puts their noses out of joint then it’s time to see about binning them off.

Unread 22-09-2019, 08:21 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Sounds to me like yet again they’re not putting in the effort for the manager. Things start off okay then after a while it’s like they get bored of a manager and just decide to stop trying and safe in the knowledge Woodward will pull the trigger. Is very important at this juncture that we stick by the manager no matter what.
we have to break this vicious cycle and wrestle back control of the club from the players, because at the moment it seems they think they can just put in the effort when it suits them and as soon as a manager puts their noses out of joint then it’s time to see about binning them off.
I don’t think so mate. This wasn’t Martial and Pogba, and Lukaku and Sanchez are gone. I think they’re trying; they’re just useless.

Unread 22-09-2019, 08:26 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
It went to shit as soon as he got the job
Since PSG we’ve had relegation trouble form

I want to believe in Ole but what is he trying to do with this team
Sometimes we press and sometimes we drop really deep
Sometimes we look to play possession football and sometimes we just look for counter attacks
What exactly is our strategy for breaking down the opposition

Does anyone have any belief that if the game is going against us Ole can make a change (tactical or personnel) that will change the game in our favor
Just seems to have that sad expression on his face saying “oh well just not our day I suppose”

Unread 22-09-2019, 08:37 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
It went to shit as soon as he got the job
Since PSG we’ve had relegation trouble form

I want to believe in Ole but what is he trying to do with this team
Sometimes we press and sometimes we drop really deep
Sometimes we look to play possession football and sometimes we just look for counter attacks
What exactly is our strategy for breaking down the opposition

Does anyone have any belief that if the game is going against us Ole can make a change (tactical or personnel) that will change the game in our favor
Just seems to have that sad expression on his face saying “oh well just not our day I suppose”
good post, sadly....we all wanted it work for him we were desperate for it to work, but it's not, it;s shite and he's completely out of his depth

Unread 22-09-2019, 08:47 PM
AK14

What is Ole’s system?

Pre season I genuinely thought I saw a way of how he wants us to play, High pressing and fast counter attacking football. But can’t say I see that now

I get that three first team players are missing (4 now ) so perhaps that has caused us to change tactic a bit, but there doesn’t seem to be any actual plan anymore.

Have these @#%&!s really downed tools on another manager or is it something else?

Unread 22-09-2019, 08:51 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
What is Ole’s system?

Pre season I genuinely thought I saw a way of how he wants us to play, High pressing and fast counter attacking football. But can’t say I see that now

I get that three first team players are missing (4 now ) so perhaps that has caused us to change tactic a bit, but there doesn’t seem to be any actual plan anymore.

Have these @#%&!s really downed tools on another manager or is it something else?
I think that is the system, but Pogba is vital to it. We haven’t got another midfielder who can pick a pass from more than 15 yards tbh, or run with the ball, so it’s pretty pointless playing that way without him.

The wisdom of playing a system built almost entirely around one players abilities is of course open to criticism.

Unread 22-09-2019, 08:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Definitely a fair point.

Somebody said the same the other day, compare us to how Liverpool/city start out. They’ve invariably won the game in the first half hour. We seem to just be happy to still be in the game after 30 mins.
Yep. Like a Pulis team. See out the early stages, quieten the crowd and take it from there.

Obviously ending with a front six of The Scottish Player-Fred-Gomes-Pereira-James-Lingard is bordering on hilarious but the start was flat.

Unread 22-09-2019, 09:00 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhogg
Just what we need to sort out the dressing room. One of pogba’s best mates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Is he talking about both the voices in his head?

Just checked and we're level on pts with Spurs. So anyone moaning on here, who also pines for Pochetinho, can suck it.
We may have numerous weaknesses but Chelsea, spurs and Arsenal are hardly superior to us. Results wise, they’re about the same as us so far. Same at the back end of last season too.

We need one or two players to step up into some good form and carry us through January, and hope the club are able to get a couple of players ole wants in midfield and up front. That would give us a chance of top 4. Three or four added in summer and we should have a decent foundation. If the club’s not going to do that, there’s no point continuing with the pretence of changing the club culture and rebuilding.

Unread 22-09-2019, 09:08 PM
Buck

Listened to it on the radio. Big Pat Nevin praising Wan Bissaka throughout but scathing of midfield. Sounded like Mr West Ham, sometimes referred to as Mark Noble, bossed it

Unread 22-09-2019, 09:09 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Just what we need to sort out the dressing room. One of pogba’s best mates

We may have numerous weaknesses but Chelsea, spurs and Arsenal are hardly superior to us. Results wise, they’re about the same as us so far. Same at the back end of last season too.

We need one or two players to step up into some good form and carry us through January, and hope the club are able to get a couple of players ole wants in midfield and up front. That would give us a chance of top 4. Three or four added in summer and we should have a decent foundation. If the club’s not going to do that, there’s no point continuing with the pretence of changing the club culture and rebuilding.
Agreed.

Still have no faith in Woodward being able to secure us what we need and some doubts about ole’s ability to identify the right player. Still defo need a DOF imv.

Unread 22-09-2019, 09:16 PM
armchair

we started off the season being a high press team - now we leave it all to james.

matic and mata are finished. that's the worst i've seen mata. i don't expect pace but he struggled with basic passes. he has too much going on outside of being a footballer imo. matic just got old, god love him.

fred would've been far superior in the mata role today. mcT would've been better than matic.

Imagine a midfield with mark noble bossing us. ffs.

Unread 22-09-2019, 09:18 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Listened to it on the radio. Big Pat Nevin praising Wan Bissaka throughout but scathing of midfield. Sounded like Mr West Ham, sometimes referred to as Mark Noble, bossed it
Neville gave Noble man of the match and basically said it was an indication of how poor we were that he bossed the game

Unread 22-09-2019, 09:21 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It’s a severe lack of confidence and it’s contagious. I just don’t think it stems from the manager so much as the shit-@#%&!s infesting this squad. How can you gain confidence playing behind an absolute nothing like Pereira?
The balance of the dressing room needs to reach the tipping point with more good characters and attitudes than bad/weak (and obviously the ability to go with it). We’ve made a start with the 3 we’ve bought and those we’ve got rid of, but we probably need to replace another 3 or 4 with the right players to get to that point. It’s only when the dressing room has been turned round that we can start to make proper progress on the pitch.

Unread 22-09-2019, 09:24 PM
armchair

Unread 22-09-2019, 09:25 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Agreed.

Still have no faith in Woodward being able to secure us what we need and some doubts about ole’s ability to identify the right player. Still defo need a DOF imv.
The whole point of having a DOF is to plan. To plan you need to have a solid idea of available funds. That will never happen under the Glazers.

Ole's identified 3 cracking players so far. It's the only positive we have!

Unread 22-09-2019, 09:27 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Neville gave Noble man of the match and basically said it was an indication of how poor we were that he bossed the game
Pretty amazing the money West Ham have spent and their self admitted ambitions to break into Top 6 then Top 4, yet every season that guy starts in midfield for them. He's very good at taking penalties but the guy is mediocre at the rest. Scrappy Doo on the bench for them must be ashamed - MOTM against Xavi and Iniesta as a teen, behind a 32 year old Mark Noble in what should be his best years.

Unread 22-09-2019, 09:30 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
There’s at least 6 players who know they’ll be £#%&!ed off at the first opportunity, so it’s a competition to sow discontent and get rid of the manager first. Ultimately it stems from woodward putting more importance on commercially valuable players rather than the manager. Woodward is responsible for 90% of the issues with the team.

From the players ole has brought in and the ones he’s discarded when he could, I think he knows what needs to be done to fix the issues. Woodward just has to back him properly.

Quote:
Morale in the squad looks horrible at the moment

You can clearly tell the players don’t have belief in what they are being asked to do
You can’t fake that belief or confidence in what the manager is asking you to do, either you have it or you don’t
In which case there doesn’t seem to be any manager they have belief in. It’s been a bunch of shit @#%&!s passing the buck for 6 years.

Unread 22-09-2019, 09:34 PM
utd99

Quote:
Pretty amazing the money West Ham have spent and their self admitted ambitions to break into Top 6 then Top 4, yet every season that guy starts in midfield for them. He's very good at taking penalties but the guy is mediocre at the rest. Scrappy Doo on the bench for them must be ashamed - MOTM against Xavi and Iniesta as a teen, behind a 32 year old Mark Noble in what should be his best years.
Yeah, that’ll keep me up tonight.

Unread 22-09-2019, 09:34 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
We don’t yet have enough quality or character in the squad to change things. I’d imagine ole’s expression is to do with being hamstrung from changing the squad composition as quickly as he’d want. It’s not exactly a city situation where guardiola could turn over 20 players in his first year or so, and we have far more fundamental problems than guardiola inherited.