United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-02-2020, 11:09 AM
Pop

Presenter: Martin, do you have any sympathy for City?

Pig: Oh God yeah

Unread 16-02-2020, 11:14 AM
Danoli

I’m looking forward to us expressing our sympathy to them on 8th March

Unread 16-02-2020, 11:32 AM
no fun

Martin £#%&!ing Samuel is clearly on the sheiks payroll

He compared city (and I’m not £#%&!ing joking here) to the West Indian windrush generation who are currently facing deportation.....”on the wrong side of the law but on the right side of moral justice”

Ycnfmiu

Unread 16-02-2020, 12:00 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun

He compared city (and I’m not £#%&!ing joking here) to the West Indian windrush generation who are currently facing deportation.....”on the wrong side of the law but on the right side of moral justice”

Ycnfmiu
So he’s admitting they broke the law? That’s all I need to hear.

Abu Dhabi and morality.

Unread 16-02-2020, 12:02 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
So he’s admitting they broke the law? That’s all I need to hear.

Abu Dhabi and morality.
Yes but it’s an unjust law apparently

Ghandi, Martin Luther king, Pankhurst......pep

Unread 16-02-2020, 12:07 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Yes but it’s an unjust law apparently

Ghandi, Martin Luther king, Pankhurst......pep

Rumours he’s going on hunger strike until the “nice guys” get justice.

Either that or calling his agent asking about the Barca job.

Unread 16-02-2020, 12:10 PM
signed dc

Quote:

Ycnfmiu
He won’t be on the payroll. They probably provide the best buffet for the jounos so that’s enough to get him to sing their praises and overlook their cheating.

Unread 16-02-2020, 01:12 PM
no fun

Unread 16-02-2020, 01:23 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

Rumours he’s going on hunger strike until the “nice guys” get justice.

Either that or calling his agent asking about the Barca job.
Samuel? He’d die of old age before starvation

Unread 16-02-2020, 01:32 PM
redhegemony

Quote:

Ycnfmiu
It's a competition rule that they have breached in the eyes of the adjudicators. The right comparison is with Saracens and their breach of the salary cap - that involved valuing commercial deals and the Panel concluded that the view. taken by the adjudication officer was reasonable.

City risk opening up a can of worms as there may be other deals floating about. Saracens took relegation rather than opening up their books.

The City owner is used to getting his own way and not worrying about the rules, I suspect that arrogance will come back to haunt them. Shame.

Unread 16-02-2020, 01:41 PM
Buck

Unread 16-02-2020, 01:47 PM
Sparky***

Well, I guess everybody knows now why we never hear about any of their players wanting away, ever.

No girlfriends complaining about the manchester weather, no "only god knows" rumours...

If they can brazenly fiddle sponsorships, I wonder how much they're paying the likes of Aguero and De Bruyne off the books

Unread 16-02-2020, 01:50 PM
Drexl

Just need the major (genuine) sponsors to get cold feet and pull out.

City unable to pay player's wages...

would like to see this great real nasty

Unread 16-02-2020, 01:52 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
It's a competition rule that they have breached in the eyes of the adjudicators. The right comparison is with Saracens and their breach of the salary cap - that involved valuing commercial deals and the Panel concluded that the view. taken by the adjudication officer was reasonable.

City risk opening up a can of worms as there may be other deals floating about. Saracens took relegation rather than opening up their books.

The City owner is used to getting his own way and not worrying about the rules, I suspect that arrogance will come back to haunt them. Shame.
That''s correct. they're absolutely bag to rights

And yes, what we know is only the tip of the iceberg. Remember Mancini's two contracts? There's no way he's the only City manager (or player) who's had such an arrangement.

FFS 3/4s of Pep's salary is probably paid under the table

Unread 16-02-2020, 01:52 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Just need the major (genuine) sponsors to get cold feet and pull out.

City unable to pay player's wages...

would like to see this great real nasty

well this is the thing, they've established that they've artificially inflated sponsorship deals...

so what now? Do they have to ditch the sponsors owned by the abu dhabi royals? If so, what genuine sponsors are going to want to be associated with cheats?

Unread 16-02-2020, 01:58 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
well this is the thing, they've established that they've artificially inflated sponsorship deals...

so what now? Do they have to ditch the sponsors owned by the abu dhabi royals? If so, what genuine sponsors are going to want to be associated with cheats?
Hopefully none

Clearly they were paying wages they couldn't afford through backhanders. Hopefully this means genuine (non abu dhabi sposors) start realising they have nailed their flag to the mast of cheats, and pull out, possibly claiming refunds.

Checkmate. If they hit that bullseye, the whole row of dominoes should come crashing down like a house of cards

Unread 16-02-2020, 02:07 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well, I guess everybody knows now why we never hear about any of their players wanting away, ever.

No girlfriends complaining about the manchester weather, no "only god knows" rumours...

If they can brazenly fiddle sponsorships, I wonder how much they're paying the likes of Aguero and De Bruyne off the books
It was always obvious that’s what was happening, now it’s finally there in black and white they can’t skirt around it anymore. As has been said, after years of them calling out other teams as cheats, it really does make their tears taste all the sweeter.

Unread 16-02-2020, 02:09 PM
My Name is Heath

any realistic chance they could lose the 2012 and 2014 titles?

Unread 16-02-2020, 02:11 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
No

Unread 16-02-2020, 02:11 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
None whatsoever. The Premier League loves money and doesn't ask any questions about where it comes from.
Closed Thread