United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-10-2015, 05:59 PM
saffers

Default United players unhappy with tactics

Another times exclusive from the united dressing room:

Man United players ‘baffled’ by tactics – report

Manchester United players were left ‘dismayed’ by tactics that left them exposed by Arsenal on Sunday, according to The Times.

The newspaper’s Northern Football Correspondent James Ducker has an excellent source among United’s senior players and claims the Dutchman ignored pleas to adopt the counter-attacking style that saw them win 2-1 at the Emirates in November.

Van Gaal instead instructed them to press high, forcing Bastian Scheinsteiger forward onto Santi Cazorla and leaving gaps in the midfield. Arsenal were 3-0 in 19 minutes.

http://www.football365.com/news/man-...tactics-report

Looks like we have a problem with the times. Whatever your views are on the clubs leadership - this intermittent airing of our dirty laundry doesn't suit anyone.

Unread 06-10-2015, 06:00 PM
waynes ear's

Apart from your agenda

Unread 06-10-2015, 06:01 PM
Rhodzy

Unread 06-10-2015, 06:03 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Bale should keep out of this ffs

Unread 06-10-2015, 06:07 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
The newspaper’s Northern Football Correspondent James Ducker has an excellent source among United’s senior players and claims the Dutchman ignored pleas to adopt the counter-attacking style that saw them win 2-1 at the Emirates in November.
Arsenal - 23 shots - 9 on target

Loved those tactics me.

Unread 06-10-2015, 06:08 PM
Whip Hubley

So it's not possible the 'well placed source' could have an axe to grind with LVG....?

These types of articles are

Unread 06-10-2015, 06:11 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Another times exclusive from the united dressing room:

Man United players ‘baffled’ by tactics – report

Manchester United players were left ‘dismayed’ by tactics that left them exposed by Arsenal on Sunday, according to The Times.

Van Gaal instead instructed them to press high, forcing Bastian Scheinsteiger forward onto Santi Cazorla and leaving gaps in the midfield. Arsenal were 3-0 in 19 minutes.

http://www.football365.com/news/man-...tactics-report

Looks like we have a problem with the times. Whatever your views are on the clubs leadership - this intermittent airing of our dirty laundry doesn't suit anyone.
You just revel in these kind of negative threads:shakehead:

Unread 06-10-2015, 06:11 PM
Clarkie

The same tactics from November 2014?

The same ones where Arsenal destroyed us, again, in the first 30 mins and should have been 5-0 up but for De Gea's brilliance and their wastefulness?!

Technically, they got those tactics again

Unread 06-10-2015, 06:12 PM
forzagarza

Van Gaal is the managerial equivalent of joppisaus regardless of whether this is true

Unread 06-10-2015, 06:14 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
Van Gaal is the managerial equivalent of joppisaus regardless of whether this is true
Yeah but Joppisaus won the league with Groningen in '87 so what's your point?

Unread 06-10-2015, 06:26 PM
Jethro

The leak is coming from one of Rooney or Carrick. Aside from those two I can't see any other sources

Unread 06-10-2015, 06:27 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
The leak is coming from one of Rooney or Carrick. Aside from those two I can't see any other sources

Yep. Giggs did not spring to my mind at all

Unread 06-10-2015, 06:27 PM
sa7

Here we go again...

A few difficult result a few weeks back = UNITED IN CRISIS!!!

A few wins on the bounce and top of the table = £#%&! all

A piss poor performance against a talented Arsenal side = UNITED PLAYERS READY TO REVOLT!!!

These @#%&!s would have £#%&! all to write if we didn't have the odd shit result

Unread 06-10-2015, 06:29 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
it's Giggs

and it's shite tbh the tactics weren't wrong the team selection was

as rightly pointed out Arsenal should have been 3-0 up before half-time last year only De Gea#s saves and some awful finishing kept us in it

Unread 06-10-2015, 06:34 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Yep. Giggs did not spring to my mind at all
Oh yeah

Unread 06-10-2015, 06:40 PM
S/Side.Red

Last time we had one of these stories we won five out of the next six

Unread 06-10-2015, 06:41 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
it's Giggs

and it's shite tbh the tactics weren't wrong the team selection was

as rightly pointed out Arsenal should have been 3-0 up before half-time last year only De Gea#s saves and some awful finishing kept us in it
as should southampton away last month.

just gotta grin n bare it until he leaves in the summer, after finishing top4.

great personality though.

Unread 06-10-2015, 06:43 PM
Der Kaiser

I don't want United to adapt to other teams, I want us to go out there and dominate teams, imposing our style on them. Sad if this is coming from Giggs, really snide of him.

Unread 06-10-2015, 06:46 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Kaiser
I don't want United to adopt to other teams, I want us to go out there and dominate teams, imposing our style on them. Sad if this is coming from Giggs, really snide of him.
Of course, when we did play five at the back and hit Arsenal on the break last season, the bed-wetters and the media couldn't wait to talk about how shit we were. It's the same old, waiting for the bad result and squeezing as much out of it as they can.

Like I say, it seemed to help us last time. Players apologising to LvG iirc

Unread 06-10-2015, 06:46 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
as should southampton away last month.

just gotta grin n bare it until he leaves in the summer, after finishing top4.

great personality though.
ffs
Closed Thread