United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-10-2015, 03:18 PM
Sparky***

Default The fragility of this United team

Bottle-jobs, naive, tired...call it whatever you want but there's one thing that sums up this United team - fragile.

When the serious pressure is applied they crack horribly, still. Even with different faces in the team from last season the same headless chicken style tendency to implode is STILL there. There isn't the excuse of playing Paddy McNair and Tyler Blackett in defence now though. Any time an opposition team gets about us and moves the ball quickly we go to pieces, the warning signs were in the Wolfsburg game.

The sight of our manager sat stone-faced on the bench whilst we were falling apart in the first 15 mins of that game yesterday was truly shocking. He did nothing. Didn't even think to get off his arse and at least pass some instructions on to get bodies behind the ball and protect our full backs who were being decimated. Where is the leadership? From anywhere? On the pitch, on the bench - nobody seems to react to what's happening on the pitch. Darmian should have been given the hook after 10 mins. He really was that bad. Made Evra's debut at City in 2006 look like Paolo maldini.

We've been out-played by Arsenal in the past - the 1998 and 1999 teams gave us a couple of 3-0 pastings, but i've never got the impression that they could ever out-fight us or intimidate us by being aggressive. Until yesterday. They blew us out of the water because they quite simply wanted it more, they were fired up and steamrollered us because we were too feeble to win tackles, headers and individual battles. This United side are pansy boys; weak minded. It's a very worrying sign when your team has the potential to completely bottle a big game like that.

Martial did ok but aside from that everybody else was £#%&!ing awful, especially the new boys. Darmian after a promising start is fading very badly, he struggles very badly with the pace of this league, his concentration particularly for both of Sanchez's goals yesterday was £#%&!ing terrible. Memphis does less and less every game. He looks lazy, disinterested and gives the ball away a hell of a lot, doesn't do his shift defensively either - he needs to seriously seriously buck his £#%&!ing ideas up. Schweinstiger i'm afraid showed his age alongside the even slower Michael Carrick and Van Gaal must take all the flack for putting out that midfield pairing against a team like Arsenal. They were simply horrific. Not once did they get anywhere near an Arsenal shirt in that first half.

A couple of baby steps forward and then one giant leap backwards as one fredster so succinctly put it. This is United team that simply aren't up to challenging for big prizes, they don't have the character or the tactical nous to kill a game, or the personalities on the pitch to turn a game around. Our captain, our leader, the player with more appearances than anyone else is finished. Done. He simply takes up a shirt every week. Contributes absolutely nothing.

There will be serious questions being asked about the manager come the end of this month, because there is no way in hell this United team will win at Everton or Crystal Palace and I'm fairly sure City will turn us over. They will be justified questions as well.

Unread 05-10-2015, 03:22 PM
teflon_terry

Thumbs up

Calm down you big fanny.

Agree on Rooney and Darmian though.

Unread 05-10-2015, 03:23 PM
Pop

"There are no wimps in my team"

Unread 05-10-2015, 03:24 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Can see Serenity pulling an all nighter on the back of this

Unread 05-10-2015, 03:25 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
"There are no wimps in my team"

Unread 05-10-2015, 03:26 PM
Pop

Unread 05-10-2015, 03:27 PM
Jethro

The same City that shipped four to Spurs? Tottenham £#%&!ing Hotspur?

There isn't a team in the league that isn't fragile. It's the current state of the premier league. Arsenal may go on and struggle in their next game and most like be out of the Champions League come the end of the month. City look like they will concede anytime a team approaches their 18 yard box and Chelsea are, well, we can all see what's going on there.

We have problems, sure. We have players short of confidence, lacking that spark, or whatever you want to call it. The season is 8 games in and if you're throwing in the towel now then so be it.

Unread 05-10-2015, 03:27 PM
atticusgrinch

City got tonked by Tottenham last week. Chelsea getting beat every other game.

It's Sparky who's mentally weak.

Unread 05-10-2015, 03:28 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
The same City that shipped four to Spurs? Tottenham £#%&!ing Hotspur?

There isn't a team in the league that isn't fragile. It's the current state of the premier league. Arsenal may go on and struggle in their next game and most like be out of the Champions League come the end of the month. City look like they will concede anytime a team approaches their 18 yard box and Chelsea are, well, we can all see what's going on there.

We have problems, sure. We have players short of confidence, lacking that spark, or whatever you want to call it. The season is 8 games in and if you're throwing in the towel now then so be it.
I'M throwing in the towel? I'm typing behind a keyboard. I'm saying what I saw unfold yesterday. The players in black shirts threw in the towel yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
City got tonked by Tottenham last week. Chelsea getting beat every other game.

It's Sparky who's mentally weak.
City will beat us at Old Trafford.

Mark my words.

Most of you lot are £#%&!ing clueless anyway. The state of the "we'll batter arsenal' brigade before the game yesterday. The lack of any kind of awareness is staggering.

Unread 05-10-2015, 03:32 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'M throwing in the towel? I'm typing behind a keyboard. I'm saying what I saw unfold yesterday. The players in black shirts threw in the towel yesterday.

Mark my words.

Most of you lot are £#%&!ing clueless anyway. The state of the "we'll batter arsenal' brigade before the game yesterday. The lack of any kind of awareness is staggering.
arsed

Unread 05-10-2015, 03:34 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

Mark my words.

Yeah but you think we'll lose every game we play anyway so.....

Unread 05-10-2015, 03:35 PM
dunk

The single most worrying thing is fatigue. They all look £#%&!ed and we've only just got to October. No energy at all.

Unread 05-10-2015, 03:36 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Not just yesterday though is it Sparky?

Swansea we bottled it, two quick goals and had nothing to come back with.

Those last 15 minutes at Southampton weren't pretty either.

At home we're okay, think we'll do well against City but away from home just no leaders in the team.

Unread 05-10-2015, 03:39 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Bottle-.
stopped reading here.........

Unread 05-10-2015, 03:40 PM
Switching Off

When we win the league in May we'll all look back and laugh at this.

Unread 05-10-2015, 03:42 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Yeah but you think we'll lose every game we play anyway so.....
No I don't. Please go back to august and find where i've posted and said we'll lose a certain game.

If you aren't worried about what transpired in that first half yesterday and what it promises for the rest of this season then I really don't know what else to say.

Unread 05-10-2015, 03:46 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
No I don't. Please go back to august and find where i've posted and said we'll lose a certain game.

If you aren't worried about what transpired in that first half yesterday and what it promises for the rest of this season then I really don't know what else to say.
No I'm not worried. Even the best teams lose badly occasionally. Should City fans be shitting it because they got thrashed by Tottenham?

Unread 05-10-2015, 03:46 PM
angrydimaria

Sparky thinks we will lose every away game. Not every game... And I think that is with good justification. We should have lost to southampton too, they just didn't take their chances in the first half like arsenal did.

And next up is everton

Unread 05-10-2015, 03:47 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrydimaria
Sparky thinks we will lose every away game. Not every game... And I think that is with good justification. We should have lost to southampton too, they just didn't take their chances in the first half like arsenal did.

And next up is everton
Team winning when they should have lost, mental!

Unread 05-10-2015, 03:47 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
No I'm not worried. Even the best teams lose badly occasionally. Should City fans be shitting it because they got thrashed by Tottenham?
I don't care about City fans mate, whatever happens to city and chelsea happens. I care about United and I think we've all seen enough title winning/decent United teams to know a potential title winning team when we see one.
Closed Thread