United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-02-2020, 12:14 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
“Darcy, your hair appointment has been put back til 5pm, the masseur will be here in half an hour and I just got a text that a few thousand people left Old Trafford on the 58th minute”

“Shit. What’s an Old Trafford?”
Too close to the truth to be funny, tbh.

Unread 01-02-2020, 11:26 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
Been a massive improvement in the ground this season (unlike previous failed efforts at this kind of thing). Good effort all round. Feel free to suggest a name other than "the singing section" and I'll use it (unless it's TRA obvs)
Have trouble referring to them as TRA too. The guy who runs it that is part of the fans forum is a good lad and doesn’t deserve any of the shit he’s getting off RI.

Unread 01-02-2020, 07:25 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
15 years ago there was a section of old #@&%!s on forums like RI yearning for United to be shit again as part of some middle aged, misty eyed 70s nostalgia so the atmosphere at old trafford would improve and they could "get rid of the day trippers"... hows that going?
I suspect the last 6-7 years, better than they hoped for in their wildest dreams. For those of us that grew up watching United during the height of SAF we are all longing for United hire manger that will stay for at least 25 years and win multiple trophies and titles.

And for comparision shakes I wouldn't be surprised if there are Liverpool fans now that cannot wait Liverpool to be shit again, and for the Klopp era to end as they are mistified in 90s nostalgia. and do i have to start on the Berties

So what I'm saying is that I have always had the feeling that the ideal version of a football club for supporters, depends on the times the grew up if you grew up during 70s and 80s supporting United your ideal United is shit under achiving club. If you supported Liverpool during those years your Ideal Liverpool is club that wins thropies on yearly bases. If you grew up during the 1990s and 2000s and you supported United then your ideal United's winning titles starting with King Eric but if you supported Liverpool during those times your ideal liverpool is shit underachivng club.

Unread 01-02-2020, 08:29 PM
d_knight

Well this turned out to be a damp squib

Unread 01-02-2020, 08:32 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
Well this turned out to be a damp squib
And that performance arguably deserved a walkout too

Unread 01-02-2020, 08:35 PM
d_knight

Couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery our fans

Unread 01-02-2020, 09:19 PM
flixton

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
It'll be an epic fail.

Typical Twitter %@#$&!s.

Unread 02-02-2020, 12:00 AM
Seamus

Most round me didn’t even know there was a planned walkout

Unread 02-02-2020, 12:51 AM
ryanMUFC

Singing section or whatever the £#%&! they want to be called were shutting down anti glazer chants this week.

Unread 02-02-2020, 12:58 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Singing section or whatever the £#%&! they want to be called were shutting down anti glazer chants this week.
of course they would. they've probably been told to stop or it they'll lose all their special little privileges.

Unread 02-02-2020, 01:07 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
of course they would. they've probably been told to stop or it they'll lose all their special little privileges.
Just been told hey can have the family stand.

Unread 02-02-2020, 05:03 AM
believe

Did they put it back to the 98th minute?

Unread 02-02-2020, 06:20 AM
Seamus

Quote:
As the only organised group in the ground, if they would have walked I reckon thousands more would have. They reckon there was only about 30 who actually left the ground who joined a few outside who never went in.

Unread 02-02-2020, 06:21 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
As the only organised group in the ground, if they would have walked I reckon thousands more would have. They reckon there was only about 30 who actually left the ground who joined a few outside who never went in.

Unread 02-02-2020, 08:57 AM
puressence

Quote:
Most round me didn’t even know there was a planned walkout
fan pictures outside stoney a new low

Unread 02-02-2020, 09:02 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Going to the game with mates is a new low?

Your post reeks of jealousy pal

Unread 02-02-2020, 09:05 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Just been told hey can have the family stand.
Stan_Tier_2 is delighted

Unread 02-02-2020, 09:25 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Havent you got an open top bus parade to organise for your teachers pet trophy win from Middleton Harriers

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Going to the game with mates is a new low?

Your post reeks of jealousy pal
Cheers pal. Met up with a mate before the game and then bumped in to sueders and his lad on forecourt which was ace.

Unread 02-02-2020, 09:29 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Havent you got an open top bus parade to organise for your teachers pet trophy win from Middleton Harriers

Cheers pal. Met up with a mate before the game and then bumped in to sueders and his lad on forecourt which was ace.
Repped for not doing the famous name drop

Unread 02-02-2020, 09:32 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Repped for not doing the famous name drop
Indeed. Hope he enjoyed himself though
Closed Thread