United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-12-2015, 11:59 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkr
Swap deal for Nani anyone
The £#%&! happened to Nani anyway? Outstanding 10/11 started 11/12 well then just seemed to decline.

Unread 27-12-2015, 12:14 PM
MJ Ramone

Prepared to give him more time, but not my kind of player at all.

There hasn't been that "wow" moment yet where you can see a glimpse of what's to come.
The cushioned finish down at Watford was nice, but I've been disappointed with his lack of pace more than anything. He doesn't seem particularly good at going past anyone.

the Rolls Royce stuff is just a symptom of the modern game. It's lost all touch with reality and it isn't ever coming back.

Unread 27-12-2015, 12:28 PM
Admiral

Has a decent touch, shot and can spot a pass but he doesn't look to have the pace to be a winger, he can't beat a player. His future is probably at number 10 or striker, though whether he's good enough for United there, too early to say. Sell him.

Unread 27-12-2015, 12:48 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
The £#%&! happened to Nani anyway? Outstanding 10/11 started 11/12 well then just seemed to decline.
Agreed he never reached the same player of the year consistency of 10-11 after the Carragher injury but then he was never given the same opportunity as Fergie's pet journeymen Valencia & Young.

LVG foolishly kicked him out without giving him a chance, despite him looking like the only player who could carry the ball over great distances against Swansea.

Unread 27-12-2015, 12:57 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Prepared to give him more time, but not my kind of player at all.

There hasn't been that "wow" moment yet where you can see a glimpse of what's to come.
The cushioned finish down at Watford was nice, but I've been disappointed with his lack of pace more than anything. He doesn't seem particularly good at going past anyone.

the Rolls Royce stuff is just a symptom of the modern game. It's lost all touch with reality and it isn't ever coming back.
I'll be honest, I thought the one thing we were getting with Depay was pace. He's pedestrian

Unread 27-12-2015, 12:59 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
I'll be honest, I thought the one thing we were getting with Depay was pace. He's pedestrian
Seems to have bulked up a lot, could that be a factor in his sluggishness?

Far too early to write him off though, clearly has a lot of potential ability wise.

Unread 27-12-2015, 02:55 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
I think you've got to look at the manager and his tactics. He seems to have sucked the positive life out of every player we've signed.
I don't think the manager's tactics are why he keeps trying to pass through defenders, or running directly into them. Awful decision making, awful execution, awful body language. Not a good combo.

Unread 27-12-2015, 04:33 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Trying to be a Ronaldo v2 was the end for him. They tried to make him a more rounded footballer but that sacrificed what was his natural game: skill and flair.

He's naturally more gifted than Bale IMO but lost some of his explosiveness which coincided with him bulking up. Neymar is a skinny £#%&!er so it shows that the idea of every young winger needing to hit the gym every day is a myth. Ronaldo is an exception and a more realistic example to follow would be Robben.

Unread 27-12-2015, 04:41 PM
Ethers

No wow moments tbf.

Absolutely none.

Unread 27-12-2015, 05:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkr
Swap deal for Nani anyone
No ta, utterly finished at United forever.

Unread 27-12-2015, 05:52 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
Pretty sure that's him driving the roller, pal.

Unread 27-12-2015, 06:30 PM
utd99

I hope our players remembered to send Brugge a nice Christmas card.

Unread 27-12-2015, 07:06 PM
PeakyBlinder

Told you he was shite.

Unread 28-12-2015, 01:48 AM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Reminds me of when Richardson was acting like a flash @#%&!.

Unread 28-12-2015, 02:59 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
Reminds me of when Richardson was acting like a flash @#%&!.
If only we had a Keano waiting for him in the car park.

Unread 28-12-2015, 03:01 AM
Barcabal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral
Has a decent touch, shot and can spot a pass but he doesn't look to have the pace to be a winger, he can't beat a player. His future is probably at number 10 or striker, though whether he's good enough for United there, too early to say. Sell him.

Unread 28-12-2015, 03:08 AM
dunk

Erik Lamela was shit for 2 years before starting to look the part this year. Have patience ffs.

Unread 28-12-2015, 03:11 AM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
No wow moments tbf.

Absolutely none.

Not having a pop pal, but you could do that with Glen Johnson at the vermin. And countless other average players.

Depay, as it stands has been nothing short of toss. A big attitude, shit tattoos, shit pictures on his social media but driving lovely cars/jeeps. Modern football

Unread 28-12-2015, 03:17 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Erik Lamela was shit for 2 years before starting to look the part this year. Have patience ffs.
His lack of effort against Arsenal and yesterday was ridiculous tbf.
The header and his half arsed "block" for the second was

See how it goes between now and May though. Hopefully he gets the finger out.

Still trying to figure out what the header was about

Unread 28-12-2015, 03:20 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
His lack of effort against Arsenal and yesterday was ridiculous tbf.
The header and his half arsed "block" for the second was

See how it goes between now and May though. Hopefully he gets the finger out.

Still trying to figure out what the header was about
Serious lack of judgement and inexperience.
Closed Thread