United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-10-2015, 07:48 PM
taff

for a manager whose modus operandi relies strongly on a team buying into his methods wholeheartedly, it seems difficult for van gaal to find success at united if there is a faction determined to show its resistance at any opportunity. seems like a real battle of wills there.

Unread 06-10-2015, 07:52 PM
Pop

All Rooney's doing, nqat.

Unread 06-10-2015, 07:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
for a manager whose modus operandi relies strongly on a team buying into his methods wholeheartedly, it seems difficult for van gaal to find success at united if there is a faction determined to show its resistance at any opportunity. seems like a real battle of wills there.
Need to ditch the dissenters then. Carrick, Rooney and Giggs out.

Unread 06-10-2015, 08:14 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Need to ditch the dissenters then. Carrick, Rooney and Giggs out.
Agreed, but not for the reasons you've stated.

Not too surprised that either the players are dissenting against those tactics or the papers are making a story about it because basically they were shit tactics. And weird that a bloke who analyses, dossiers, power points and flip charts the £#%&! out of everything he does should get it so wrong (or being generous, expect more than his players can deliver). His baffled expression during the post match interview suggested he couldn't fathom out what had just gone wrong which is more worrying than anything.

To balance that, it's one match and these things happen. 3-0 away at Arsenal isn't a crushing defeat. We could do with winning our next match though and unfortunately, I have zero confidence we will.

Unread 06-10-2015, 08:43 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Agreed, but not for the reasons you've stated.

Not too surprised that either the players are dissenting against those tactics or the papers are making a story about it because basically they were shit tactics. And weird that a bloke who analyses, dossiers, power points and flip charts the £#%&! out of everything he does should get it so wrong (or being generous, expect more than his players can deliver). His baffled expression during the post match interview suggested he couldn't fathom out what had just gone wrong which is more worrying than anything.

To balance that, it's one match and these things happen. 3-0 away at Arsenal isn't a crushing defeat. We could do with winning our next match though and unfortunately, I have zero confidence we will.
They can not be shit tactics, they came from LVG after all.

Unread 06-10-2015, 08:43 PM
denis lawless

just get rid of saffers

Unread 06-10-2015, 08:51 PM
saffers

If it is Giggs leaking stuff then that's a scandal and he'd have to be binned. Can't have a number two undermining the manager.

Unread 06-10-2015, 08:55 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
If it is Giggs leaking stuff then that's a scandal and he'd have to be binned. Can't have a number two undermining the manager.
You can't blame him.

I can't for the life of me understand why, when Van Gaal turns to see him sat on the bench in all his beady eyed gormlessness, he doesn't think to himself "My God, I must tap into this limitless well of wisdom".

Unread 06-10-2015, 09:08 PM
rebelcountyred

Why on earth would giggs be leaking stuff to the times, van gaal has said he should be his heir apparent ffs, makes no sense.

Unread 06-10-2015, 09:12 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
TiBeRian.

Unread 06-10-2015, 09:14 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Why on earth would giggs be leaking stuff to the times, van gaal has said he should be his heir apparent ffs, makes no sense.
He's impatient? Nevilles critisism of van gaal to me suggests giggs isn't fully on board. Does quite a bit of press stuff too re his Donald trump stuff.

Saying that I don't buy it 100%

Unread 06-10-2015, 09:16 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
TiBeRian.

bit harsh on big Tibers though

Unread 06-10-2015, 09:21 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

bit harsh on big Tibers though
It is, what a comparison. Like comparing LVG to Moyes.

He goes too far.

Unread 06-10-2015, 09:29 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
And he doesn't make decisions without firstly thinking about them - apparently a unique characteristic amongst football managers.

Unread 06-10-2015, 09:30 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up

Quote:
It is, what a comparison. Like comparing LVG to Moyes.

naughty Tibers I see what you did there

Unread 06-10-2015, 09:34 PM
armchair

thing is lvg talks to his players and takes more suggestions than most re tactics. I wonder where the idea of pushing the swine up top and pressing the £#%&! out of them came from. Was a very bayern under pep tactic without the bayern under pep players.

If we had just done our normal aimless possession but tight defence we could've won but we played the perfect tactics for arsenal to exploit.

I'm not too worried tbh we're an evolving side

Unread 06-10-2015, 09:57 PM
Wingers

Not sure he has had the tactics right in any fixture yet. I'm not totally convinced he ever will. I know for certain though that the players he brings here are of genuine quality.

Unread 06-10-2015, 10:06 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingers
Not sure he has had the tactics right in any fixture yet. I'm not totally convinced he ever will. I know for certain though that the players he brings here are of genuine quality.
Anfield last season was pretty bang on.

Unread 06-10-2015, 10:08 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingers

Unread 06-10-2015, 10:13 PM
Admiral

There was no Pep style pressing though, other than maybe Schweinsteiger, who knows how to play like that.

The rest of the players (Rooney, Memphis, Mata...) just stood off and let Arsenal pass straight through us. Arsenal were the ones who pressed as a team from the front. Maybe if we did it we would have been OK.
Closed Thread