Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth

Unread 11-05-2015, 08:42 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Quote:
It's his unique style and brilliant writing that draws me to read Richard Littlejohn's column in the Daily Mail.

agree with duane. this is thoroughly partridgesque.

Unread 11-05-2015, 10:38 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Wouldnt surprise me if Pep struggled a bit at City.

He's never been amazing in the transfer market and he inherited amazing set ups and teams at both Barca and Bayern.

His purchases include
- swapping Etoo and £40m for Zlatan only to then use him badly and fall out with him
- chygrynsky
- song
- hleb
- Thiago at bayern
- Caceras

He's attributed to a whole bunch of bad purchases and falling out with staff and players. The sight of him clapping his medical staff and slapping players etc is strange to see.

Also he always talks about how stressed he gets and how he's like this tortured artist, forever tinkering with things.

He's gotten away with it with amazing squads with great technique and very little competition domestically (1 or 2 rivals max).

Put him in English football with a team that needs rebuilding soon, loads of money and less technical players and I don't know how easily he'd put his stamp on the team.

He'd be an easier transition from LVG for us but I think I still prefer Klopp.
Can I just get confirmation, before issuing a response, that you intended to include Thiago on a suggested list of failed/misjudged signings made by Guardiola? I just want to give you every opportunity to rectify the mistake before taking things further.

Cheers, pal.

Unread 11-05-2015, 10:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Can I just get confirmation, before issuing a response, that you intended to include Thiago on a suggested list of failed/misjudged signings made by Guardiola? I just want to give you every opportunity to rectify the mistake before taking things further.

Cheers, pal.

Unread 12-05-2015, 12:37 AM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Cheers, pal.
Thiago hasn't exactly raised Bayern's game in the CL for Guardiola (barring a miraculous turnaround this season) but he's done okay - not a failure at all tbh

Unread 12-05-2015, 01:26 AM
angrydimaria

Big Sammer suggesting that players have given up on guardiola

End is near for guardiola

Unread 12-05-2015, 01:34 AM
Grimson

He's not leaving Bayern for at least another season.

They're injury-ravaged right now; that's it. They have destroyed lots of good teams since he's been there.

Unread 12-05-2015, 01:48 AM
angrydimaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
He's not leaving Bayern for at least another season.

They're injury-ravaged right now; that's it. They have destroyed lots of good teams since he's been there.
Which good teams?

They even struggled against moyes United. He will get sacked if they get tonked this week imo. German contingent in bayern squad are not very happy with him and will push him out

Unread 12-05-2015, 02:44 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrydimaria
Which good teams?

They even struggled against moyes United. He will get sacked if they get tonked this week imo. German contingent in bayern squad are not very happy with him and will push him out
City, Arsenal, Dortmund (when they were good), Porto, Roma, Shaktar...they beat United 4-2 on aggregate. Wasn't a struggle, they just sleptwalk through much of it.

He will be at Bayern next season. $100 bet?

Unread 12-05-2015, 03:44 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrydimaria
Which good teams?
Bayern

Unread 12-05-2015, 04:19 AM
Admiral

Hopefully stays at Bayern and comes to us eventually. Whoever he goes to will walk the Premier League. English football is at a low at the moment and English teams can't handle Guardiola's high intensity pressing game, which he will bring to whoever he goes to here.

Unread 12-05-2015, 07:31 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral
Hopefully stays at Bayern and comes to us eventually. Whoever he goes to will walk the Premier League. English football is at a low at the moment and English teams can't handle Guardiola's high intensity pressing game, which he will bring to whoever he goes to here.
Our players can't handle it either judging by the amount of injuries they get from playing a similar system.

Unread 12-05-2015, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Our players can't handle it either judging by the amount of injuries they get from playing a similar system.
We don't play anywhere need the speed or intensity of Bayern. I meant once he gets a team playing like that, other teams will struggle to cope when they play his team.

Unread 12-05-2015, 09:28 AM
Der Kaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral
Unfortunately, it looks like Giggs will be getting the job after van Gaal, at least that's what van Gaal said in one of his press conferences a couple of weeks ago.

As much as I love Giggs, the thought of him getting the managers job fills me with doom. All the work van Gaal will have done putting his ideas into the club, could be for nothing in the end.

Unread 12-05-2015, 09:31 AM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Kaiser
Unfortunately, it looks like Giggs will be getting the job after van Gaal, at least that's what van Gaal said in one of his press conferences a couple of weeks ago.

As much as I love Giggs, the thought of him getting the managers job fills me with doom. All the work van Gaal will have done putting his ideas into the club, could be for nothing in the end.
Not to worry, he'll have the class of 92 by his side for support.

Ah yes, Phil Neville on the touchline belming instructions to his bewildered team as Nicky Butt applies sun block to his head whilst Giggs sits there looking all moody in his club suit.

Can't wait.

Unread 12-05-2015, 09:32 AM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:

great point

if giggs is van gal's assistant for all that time, working with him every day, then giggs more than anybody will have benefitted from "all the work LVG will have done"

Unread 12-05-2015, 09:36 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Was just about to quote that.

Roll With It timed to fade out just as he pulls in to the Bein studio car park.

Gloves off. Shades on. 'Let's make it happen'.

Unread 12-05-2015, 09:38 AM
Der Kaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantic Lisp
great point

if giggs is van gal's assistant for all that time, working with him every day, then giggs more than anybody will have benefitted from "all the work LVG will have done"
Giggs will have his own ideas about how he wants a team to play, and I'm guessing the near quarter of a century he played under Fergie will have made a big impression on him. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Giggs will still want to recreate that style, rather than anything van Gaal has taught him.

I'd like to see him mange on his own at some level, to see how he gets his teams playing, before handing him the job.

Unread 12-05-2015, 09:58 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Giggs will have his own ideas about how he wants a team to play, and I'm guessing the near quarter of a century he played under Fergie will have made a big impression on him. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Giggs will still want to recreate that style, rather than anything van Gaal has taught him.

I'd like to see him mange on his own at some level, to see how he gets his teams playing, before handing him the job.
If we're serious about preparing him for the manager's job he should be, well, doing a Pep and managing the U21s.

Maybe that's the plan after a couple of years of shadowing Louis, I dunno.

Unread 12-05-2015, 10:13 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantic Lisp
great point

Yes, but that only really counts if that natural brilliance is already there. LvG can't teach Giggs to be a great manager because that can't be taught. All the great advice and experience only counts if Giggs has his own qualities. Kidd worked with Fergie for years; Steve Clarke was one of Mourinho's right-hand men. It doesn't mean much if they don't have that element of genius about them to start with.

I share Kaiser's concerns, tbh. I don't think for much of Giggs' playing career he was ever seen as management material. It's only something that has got going in the last year and to me smacks of romanticism over reality. Obviously it puts van Gaal in an awkward position when asked about it because he knows Giggs really wants the job, but I hope that when the time comes he will be typically frank with the club about his thoughts on the issue, whatever they may be.
Closed Thread