United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-12-2022, 06:46 PM
NedKelly

https://www.footballinsider247.com/a...reveal-pundit/

Quote:
The former Leeds striker, speaking exclusively to Football Insider, claimed the 30-year-old will bring similar attributes to ex-United favourites like Ruud van Nistelrooy, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and Edinson Cavani.
Can’t believe I’ve just seen Morata compared to Van Nistelrooy.

Unread 30-12-2022, 07:19 PM
windy waffles

Wouldn't be the worst loan deal in the world. His stats at Chelsea weren't mind-blowing but good option to have.

Unread 30-12-2022, 07:26 PM
jem

"similar attributes"

Unread 30-12-2022, 07:35 PM
Hyman_Roth

I know we’re desperate but…..

Unread 30-12-2022, 07:48 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Wouldn't be the worst loan deal in the world. His stats at Chelsea weren't mind-blowing but good option to have.
I don’t see how he improves on what we have though. My abiding memory of his time at Chelsea is him missing sitter after sitter. Rashford is on great form, Martial is playing well - would honestly rather just stick with those two.

Felix on the other hand would be a great addition imo, and give us a new dynamic.

Unread 30-12-2022, 07:53 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I don’t see how he improves on what we have though. My abiding memory of his time at Chelsea is him missing sitter after sitter. Rashford is on great form, Martial is playing well - would honestly rather just stick with those two.

Felix on the other hand would be a great addition imo, and give us a new dynamic.
Martial was appalling against forest, goal aside (nearly £#%&!ed that) he was shocking, I'm really worried he's reverting to type / about to get a ghost injury....

We need another striker, bit of snide, a different option...

Unread 30-12-2022, 08:20 PM
Coracao

He's not a bad player tbf. Just don't think he's ever had the mentality to be a real top player.

Unread 30-12-2022, 08:20 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Martial was appalling against forest, goal aside (nearly £#%&!ed that) he was shocking, I'm really worried he's reverting to type / about to get a ghost injury....

This.

All about options and we have £#%&! all up front.

The fact Martial is our number 1 striker is embarrassing. We wanted shot of him FFS but he came back like a bad smell and is only playing because of the lack of options.

Unread 30-12-2022, 08:39 PM
ryanMUFC

Didn’t he get Juve to a champions league final when he was at his best?

I think he’s alright.. but probably wouldn’t get the service. Our attack is very blunt (though Rashford is on form).

Unread 30-12-2022, 08:43 PM
armchair

I'd far prefer Felix and he's not even a no.9. Felix could come good at United, Morata is going to be as shit as he's always been. I'd prefer the gamble than the guaranteed donkey.

Unread 30-12-2022, 09:01 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

Think it would be insane to rely on those two - rashers just isn’t prolific enough and martial is either shit or injured 85% of time.

Agree with bunks that he was poor against forest - hopefully another £#%&!ing bout of rustiness - only like the 100th time - but he should improve if he stays fit…

If this is our only option then we should do it but £#%&! me, it’s a poor do.

Hopefully they know who they’re bringing in in the summer…..can’t remember a time when we were more desperate for a striker.

Unread 30-12-2022, 09:04 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Martial was appalling against forest, goal aside (nearly f***ed that) he was shocking, I'm really worried he's reverting to type / about to get a ghost injury....

No. Antony was appalling. Martial played well and took his goal smartly.

Unread 30-12-2022, 09:04 PM
Ethers

What’s Cavani up to these days?

Unread 30-12-2022, 09:22 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I'd far prefer Felix and he's not even a no.9. Felix could come good at United, Morata is going to be as shit as he's always been. I'd prefer the gamble than the guaranteed donkey.
Agreed, would be a far superior signing.

Would prefer if there was at least an option to buy.

Unread 30-12-2022, 09:25 PM
History

I presume he'd only play as an emergency back up for when Martial gets injured

30 games then

Unread 30-12-2022, 09:33 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
Agreed, would be a far superior signing.

Would prefer if there was at least an option to buy.
Yeah you'd want a loan with an agreed fee to buy otherwise if he does well he's back to £130 million.

Unread 31-12-2022, 03:43 PM
GBMUFC2020

The way Martial played today I would be happy with the lamp post

Unread 31-12-2022, 05:37 PM
Coracao

His movement can't be any worse than Martial's...surely.

Unread 31-12-2022, 06:33 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMUFC2020
The way Martial played today I would be happy with the lamp post
This.
Closed Thread