United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
but thats a "what if"

im not one to call people names in the middle of debates but what would you call someone using 'what ifs' to back up their argument...

"what if shearer joined united at his peak'

he had to chance to and didnt. he will no doubt regret that and for that reason he is even mocked now and not held the same esteem as geniune greats of the games with achievements etc
What are you jibbering on about? We were discussing the merits and capabilities of Shearer. I was merely pointing out that the guy was good enough to play in any of Ferguson's sides. Nothing more.

Quote:

judging a player on what they won isnt daft. also ive said before its a factor towards my point not the main part.
Yes, i'm afraid it is daft. Many great players have failed to win major trophies, where lesser players have.

Quote:

you are also using it in reverse.
im saying tevez is not some ordinary average striker as his achievements speak for themselves.
Tevez is a good player. He isn't 'world class' which you have stated in this thread. Most people on here admit Tevez is a good player. Most would accept that he isn't 'world class'. Not you though, eh? It is actually your opinion on Tevez that is out of sync with reality.

Quote:
that is my point full stop, you are arguing it with me by saying shearer didnt win alot, is he crap then?
think about it.
Again, what are you going on about? I've stated that you can't judge a player by his list of honours. Whether that be Shearer or Tevez.
Closed Thread