United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
_
Closed Thread

Unread 29-01-2008, 08:25 AM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs down What a cabbage - watched Godfather 2 last night for the first time

Only went and put DVD 2 in first - thought it was a bit strange I did not know a lot of the characters but then when the story started bouncing around so much I thought it would all explain itself

Was expecting a 3 hr epic - so was mildly miffed when the closing titles come up after 90 minutes or so

Watching a film in its planned order is much more logical for future information purposes.

Unread 29-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Toilet sniffer V

Not as good as Goodfella's. Good film though.

Unread 29-01-2008, 09:17 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Only went and put DVD 2 in first - thought it was a bit strange I did not know a lot of the characters but then when the story started bouncing around so much I thought it would all explain itself

Was expecting a 3 hr epic - so was mildly miffed when the closing titles come up after 90 minutes or so

Watching a film in its planned order is much more logical for future information purposes.

i'm seeing my brother tonight. i'll ask him if he remembers you tonight, jez.

Unread 29-01-2008, 10:28 AM
SilverSurfer

Glad you owned up to this Jez - makes it easier to confess that I did only the same thing a few months ago with Once Upon a Time in America.

Unread 29-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Fountz

Quote:

I've got the boxset of all 3, however I think you're right..

Remember Godfathers 1 & 2 being shown on TV a few years ago and being shown over two evenings as The Godfather Saga..

Basically, it amounted to the two films but events being shown in chronological order..

Started off with young Vito fleeing Sicily and emigrating, then the DeNiro section, then all of the Godfather ( Brando etc ) then the latter parts of Godfather 2 with Michael in Vegas and Havana..

Excellent.

Unread 29-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Jez Quigley

Default Cheers chappies

JD - I used to hang about with 3 fit girls called Amanda, Andrea and Michelle too from Andover Ave.

Also ask about Dawn and Donna Stag (what a name - Donnerstag is Thursday in German) - and some other trumpet I shagged for YR East or West, can't remember her name now

Anyway, throughly enjoyed the film, just wish I hadn't been such a flidopotomous with the discs....

Unread 29-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Toilet sniffer V

Quote:
JD - I used to hang about with 3 fit girls called Amanda, Andrea and Michelle too from Andover Ave.

Also ask about Dawn and Donna Stag (what a name - Donnerstag is Thursday in German) - and some other trumpet I shagged for YR East or West, can't remember her name now

Anyway, throughly enjoyed the film, just wish I hadn't been such a flidopotomous with the discs....
How old are you? Never heard of any of them.

Unread 29-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs down Sadly

Closed Thread