United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-08-2008, 09:01 AM
Zorg

Norman Whiteside at the Stretford End against Forest, 1988. Turned his man and @#%&!ted it right into the top corner.
We had a great view of it and I remember my dad really losing it, just screaming 'what a £#%&!ing goal!!!'.
In the car after he was going 'don't tell your mum will you'

Unread 06-08-2008, 09:23 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Norman Whiteside at the Stretford End against Forest, 1988. Turned his man and @#%&!ted it right into the top corner.
We had a great view of it and I remember my dad really losing it, just screaming 'what a £#%&!ing goal!!!'.
In the car after he was going 'don't tell your mum will you'
why, didn't she like norman?

i quite enjoyed ferdinand's late header against the dippers in 06.

Unread 06-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Rossi the Red

Ronaldo's cryuff/back-hill against Villa last season!

Unread 06-08-2008, 09:44 AM
HarkNowHear

A Robbo header against Notts County, great move, great header

Unread 06-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Stickman

Smith v Roma
De Rossi - same game
Rooney v Bolton (him and Ronaldo's counter attack when we won number 16)
Ince's chip over Craig Forrest in the 9-0 Feb 95 (was stood in K too so all the sweeter)

Unread 06-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Part 36 Offer

Default Nft

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Zorg

Andy Cole's brilliant overhead kick against someone or other (Leicester?) a few years back.

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Don Stuarte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

Seriously, I wonder how much Barthez stuck on Real to go through.

You can forgive one mistake - maybe even two over the two legs but he was totally at fault for two of theirs in the Bernabau and possibly two at OT.

£#%&!ing @#%&!.

The worst thing is - he should have been sent of in the first leg and we were all glad he got away with it. With hindsight, it could have worked out better if the little bald @#%&! had walked.

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Stuarte
Seriously, I wonder how much Barthez stuck on Real to go through.

You can forgive one mistake - maybe even two over the two legs but he was totally at fault for two of theirs in the Bernabau and possibly two at OT.

£#%&!ing @#%&!.

The worst thing is - he should have been sent of in the first leg and we were all glad he got away with it. With hindsight, it could have worked out better if the little bald @#%&! had walked.
Spot on Don. I only posted it as I couldn't find a link to the last goal. It was a cracking hattrick though to be fair.

I remember that game at the library when Barthez gifted the Arse two goals with his stupidity and lack of concentration.

He treated the Manchester United goal like a circus imo

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Don Stuarte

Quote:
Spot on Don. I only posted it as I couldn't find a link to the last goal. It was a cracking hattrick though to be fair.

I remember that game at the library when Barthez gifted the Arse two goals with his stupidity and lack of concentration.

He treated the Manchester United goal like a circus imo
I missed that game at Highbury, I was on a train home from somehwere.

When I got home I saw him on SSN walking off the pitch laughing with either Pires or Henry. Everyone else had faces like a slapped arse.

One of the only United players I actually hated whilst he played for us.

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:21 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Veron's against Celtic in Giggs testemonial, I thought we were on to a winner

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:21 AM
My Name is Keith

Thought Barthez was poo.

Wearing suspenders rather than football socks was an obvious cause for concern. But his general "we goalkeepers are eccentric don't you know" demeanour put me off more than anything.

Add to all that he was often quite shit and I think my original assertion stands up.

Saying that, having a defender with the turning speed of a shoal of giant whales in front of him didn't help.

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Stuarte
I missed that game at Highbury, I was on a train home from somehwere.

When I got home I saw him on SSN walking off the pitch laughing with either Pires or Henry. Everyone else had faces like a slapped arse.

One of the only United players I actually hated whilst he played for us.
Yeah he was daft @#%&!, he was tiny ffs.

My old fella hated him too.

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:34 AM
puressence

whitesides winner against city fa cup 1986/87

davenports winner last min vs lpool around 86

brian mcclair scoring his 20th league goal vs luton

all 3 against barca 84

all 5 against those blue @#%&!s in 94

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
It was terrible, wasn't it? I don't think I've ever enjoyed a big game less then that - the most stressful match I've ever experienced. I was convinced Barca would equalize at some point!

I was £#%&!ing knackered at full time. Totally drained - physically and emotionally. Felt like I'd put in more graft then Tevez that night
The atmosphere for the last 10-15 minutes, in spite of the fact we were all shitting ourselves, was something else.

First time we'd ever gone through to the Final with the second leg at OT too.

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
The atmosphere for the last 10-15 minutes, in spite of the fact we were all shitting ourselves, was something else.

First time we'd ever gone through to the Final with the second leg at OT too.
Yeah it was horrible, I don't think I enjoyed the game at all. Super scenes at the end though

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Watching Barthez get beaten at his near post (albeit by a good early strike) reminded me how inconsistent he was sometimes....

Thierry Henry away at Arsenal
Some #@&%! up against Deportivo at OT
Paoli Di Canio in the FA Cup at OT

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Watching Barthez get beaten at his near post (albeit by a good early strike) reminded me how inconsistent he was sometimes....

Thierry Henry away at Arsenal
Some #@&%! up against Deportivo at OT
Paoli Di Canio in the FA Cup at OT
Remember the way he used to give himself a wedgie after every £#%&! up?

Also, a save he made from Hamann at Anfield 03/04 season was one of the best I've seen. We were 2-1 up, Hamaan hit it from 25 yards, top corner all the way, the Kop already celebrating... £#%&! knows how the midget got to it.

Unread 06-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
Remember the way he used to give himself a wedgie after every £#%&! up?

Also, a save he made from Hamann at Anfield 03/04 season was one of the best I've seen. We were 2-1 up, Hamaan hit it from 25 yards, top corner all the way, the Kop already celebrating... £#%&! knows how the midget got to it.
That would have been £#%&!ing sickening had that gone in because it was a very significant victory for us in hindsight. And to throw away 2-0 with 20 mins to go as a chance to break there dominance at the time in the fixture would have near killed me :shakehead:

Unread 06-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
That would have been £#%&!ing sickening had that gone in because it was a very significant victory for us in hindsight. And to throw away 2-0 with 20 mins to go as a chance to break there dominance at the time in the fixture would have near killed me :shakehead:
I was quite happy that Barthez's save had won us a game which we got in front in due to Dudek's £#%&! up. Brilliant save, would have been goal of the season.
Closed Thread