United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 01-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Menace

Default Re: *Official* West Brom v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
please do not compare the young ronaldo and the young obertan.

ronaldo clearly had enormous talent. he needed polishing (still does). you can't polish an obertan.
I'm not comparing Ronaldo with Obertan. I thought my last sentence clarified that. I was just saying that sometimes young, frustrating players can 'click' if given time to mature and learn. Nani is another case in point.

I disagree about the potential to polish Obertan. I think he has some great fundamentals. Excellent pace and confident dribbling ability in particular. I think he can learn things about positioning, making the right runs, knowing when to pass etc. but that all comes with time.

Ronaldo and Nani both took time to learn these things. The difference is Ronaldo and Nani were both given a lot more opportunities than Obertan has got. He may well flop, but I'm willing to have faith in him.

Unread 01-01-2011, 09:05 PM
£#%&! KFC

hope big nanners is back soon we lack pace on the counter without him although we had one or two very fast breaks today including the first goal

good to see Rooney back to something like his best, strange team selection, not really feeling Fabio's bombscare cameo and can't make up my mind about Obertan, would rather see Bebe get a few games

strange to take Berbatov off at 1-1 but I guess he and the fantastic LittlePea will be the strikeforce in next few games

loved big Ando's celebrations in front of our fans at the winner

thought Carrick did well second half sort of

Unread 01-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Darth Vidic

I think the problem with Obi-Wan is a confidence/mental one. A lot of raw ability there.

Unread 01-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

[the United] winning in style doesn't mean much to you, does it?
says someone who pays to watch united on tele to someone who pays to watch them in real life

Unread 01-01-2011, 11:08 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
says someone who pays to watch united on tele to someone who pays to watch them in real life
don't try to change the subject. again.

united looked shit whether you have any principles or not.

Unread 01-01-2011, 11:08 PM
Cream

we're not the force we should be thanks to the glaizers.

obertan has potential.

the fact we have vidic, rio and rooney - not to mention berbatov - in a slightly weakened league might see us to 19.

not a prayer in europe, but we knew that.

Unread 01-01-2011, 11:15 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
not a prayer in europe, but we knew that.
that's a bit negative. we were a rash tug away from getting to the final last year and there is only one team arguably better than us this year. the quality in europe is shit too.

your comment about the glazers would be making throb's ears burn if he had any pride.

Unread 01-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
that's a bit negative. we were a rash tug away from getting to the final last year and there is only one team arguably better than us this year. the quality in europe is shit too.

your comment about the glazers would be making throb's ears burn if he had any pride.
I don't really agree with that jemster.

Unread 01-01-2011, 11:23 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I don't really agree with that jemster.
well, I suppose we should wait and see if they beat arsenal.

I admire your enthusiasm. ;0)

Unread 01-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

put the sherry down you bizarrely supercilious ponce

his comments are grammatically ambiguous btw

Unread 01-01-2011, 11:31 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

there's plenty of teams arguably better than us. maybe you meant there's arguably only one team better than us?

Unread 01-01-2011, 11:33 PM
jem

Quote:
put the sherry down you bizarrely supercilious ponce

his comments are grammatically ambiguous btw
mr blatter called. he said if you go to qatar for the world cup you should refrain from posting for the duration of your stay.

Unread 01-01-2011, 11:35 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
there's plenty of teams arguably better than us. maybe you meant there's arguably only one team better than us?
depends whether by arguable you mean there is an argument to be made or just an argumentative bastard ready to say black is white.

Unread 01-01-2011, 11:36 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
mr blatter called. he said if you go to qatar for the world cup you should refrain from posting for the duration of your stay.
nice one tarby

Unread 01-01-2011, 11:47 PM
jem

Quote:
nice one tarby
says the man with the sherry reference. :humbugrolleyes: still trying to decide if you're terry or june.

Unread 01-01-2011, 11:51 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

think the days of winning with style are long gone now .

Unread 01-01-2011, 11:53 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horst_ Bucholst
think the days of winning with style are long gone now .
a midfield of valencia, hargreaves, scholes and nani might prove you wrong. giggs on for hargreaves after five minutes... but what a five minutes.

Unread 01-01-2011, 11:59 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
a midfield of valencia, hargreaves, scholes and nani might prove you wrong. giggs on for hargreaves after five minutes... but what a five minutes.
total football for 5 mins
im off to see how my hemps doing in the allotment .

Unread 02-01-2011, 12:11 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horst_ Bucholst
total football for 5 mins
im off to see how my hemps doing in the allotment .
to be fair, even if we had nani, berbatov and rooney up front with scholes, carrick and some inadequate chump in midfield, we could beat anyone. we've got the best defence in the world.

Unread 02-01-2011, 12:23 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
depends whether by arguable you mean there is an argument to be made or just an argumentative bastard ready to say black is white.
This

Throb is a tedious naus..