United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-06-2017, 06:55 PM
otbarney

A league cup game, very early 70's versus Burnley, proper end to end stuff, we won 3-2.

Unread 29-06-2017, 07:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson
Remember seeing a paper after the 10th win, headline screaming "UNITED WILL WIN THE TITLE" and then I think in the 11th or 12th game we just about managed to scrape a draw with the scousers at OT, and they ran rings round us, and reality bit.

Honestly think it was all the talk about Hughes going to Barcelona that unsettled him and the team and killed that season.
Sheffield Wednesday were the first to beat us, I think? Then not long after Leicester gubbed us 3-0 and the big slide was on. TV cameras were back just in time to catch it too

Unread 29-06-2017, 07:54 PM
Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Sheffield Wednesday were the first to beat us, I think? Then not long after Leicester gubbed us 3-0 and the big slide was on. TV cameras were back just in time to catch it too
Funnily enough though Ric, it got me looking back over that season, and we didn't actually come off the top until February.

That season was the first season I got a ST for the wife-to-be.

Before the end of September she ended up thinking the first rule of League Football was that United always won
Closed Thread