United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-03-2010, 02:09 PM
dodger

Default Re: If you could swap Wayne Rooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
No it wouldn't. Both like to play off the striker - there would be no £#%&!er in the box.
That's what it would seem to mean on the surface. Then you you look at Eric's most effective strike partner. He was another number ten who played with his back to goal, could hold off defenders and recirculate the ball to men running past him.
It's not always the most obvious stuff (big un and little un, man in the hole plus fox in the box etc) that works, or should I say there are alway other way to do things.

Unread 18-03-2010, 02:10 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
i do not disagree with either of these views. i just think it's funny that people constantly jump on his back because he doesn't toe the top red line.
This is where there is a line imo. There is a difference between being critical/negative about United, of course people are going to be like that, most supporters will have a good moan about the team etc, it's what supporters do, but then this is someone being anti-United. I'm not saying Rafabio is always anti-United etc, but with some stuff he will always go against United or a United player etc, it's like some people revel in anti-United stuff, I don't think Rafabio does, there are people worse than him, but with some things he will always go against the what most people think (even if they're right) just to try and make a point. It's nout to do with not 'toeing the red party line'.

Unread 18-03-2010, 02:12 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
This is where there is a line imo. There is a difference between being critical/negative about United, of course people are going to be like that, most supporters will have a good moan about the team etc, it's what supporters do, but then this is someone being anti-United. I'm not saying Rafabio is always anti-United etc, but with some stuff he will always go against United or a United player etc, it's like some people revel in anti-United stuff, I don't think Rafabio does, there are people worse than him, but with some things he will always go against the what most people think (even if they're right) just to try and make a point. It's nout to do with not 'toeing the red party line'.
who said anything about a party?

Unread 18-03-2010, 02:13 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
who said anything about a party?
I don't know mate, just ignore me.

Unread 18-03-2010, 02:15 PM
caleb2003

I think the problem with Cantona is that he was more than a player. He did not just make a great youtube highlights video infact Stan Collymore could have just as good a video and unfortunately for people who weren't old enough thats all they get to see.

I think Eric was to United in the 90s was like what they say the Beatles were to popular music in the 60s. He invoked disbelief and emotion Through his general play in a very subtle way that is even hard to explain, even just by putting his collar up or saying a poem made him stand out from anyone else. It was style, arrogance and panache that the English game had never ever seen and I don't think has seen again.

In answer to the question Erics style of play would possibly not work as well in this team it has changed so much tactically but I think Eric himself would have loved Rooney alongside him rather than for instance Andy Cole.

Unread 18-03-2010, 02:17 PM
believe

Quote:
I don't know mate, just ignore me.

Unread 18-03-2010, 02:42 PM
rafabio

Quote:
I will reply this one because I see a valid point in it. I know I am a irritating git because once I have posted I can see that myself.

But I get irritated when someone says I am not a united fan. I have never followed any other team in football. I had to have a starting point, and of course I will choose united. You will hardly fault me for that especially after 98 season. You can hardly expect me to choose to follow lets say £#%&!ing reading or some no mark team, who I didn't even know existed when I started following football. I had a few choices of who to follow like united, arsenal, dippers etc. I don't think I have done a bad job with my choice.

I can see why fans who get irritated with those who jump clubs, but I have been following united from that day. I could easily have switched clubs in those 'dark days' (you know I am talking in relative terms) in 2005.

I have been a los angeles lakers fan from childhood but I have never even thought about investing in that team even if any chance arised. They treat me as a customer and I also expect to be entertained. But with united I have become really involved to that extent, I have committed to myself that I will invest 1000 pounds in MUST (who I am already a member of) if oppurtunity arises (whether you choose to believe that or not).

I don't usually get riled by people like Borsuk (although I usually enjoy in irritating him), yourself, dunk, side red obusing me, since usually I like their posts although I don't admit it Koppas is just funny, whose posts I have enjoyed from the days of fredtissue.

But i do get riled by people like wayne ears (cue abuse) who seem to enjoy giving abuse!!

Unread 18-03-2010, 02:47 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
I will reply this one because I see a valid point in it. I know I am a irritating git because once I have posted I can see that myself.

But I get irritated when someone says I am not a united fan. I have never followed any other team in football. I had to have a starting point, and of course I will choose united. You will hardly fault me for that especially after 98 season. You can hardly expect me to choose to follow lets say £#%&!ing reading or some no mark team, who I didn't even know existed when I started following football. I had a few choices of who to follow like united, arsenal, dippers etc. I don't think I have done a bad job with my choice.

I can see why fans who get irritated with those who jump clubs, but I have been following united from that day. I could easily have switched clubs in those 'dark days' (you know I am talking in relative terms) in 2005.

I have been a los angeles lakers fan from childhood but I have never even thought about investing in that team even if any chance arised. They treat me as a customer and I also expect to be entertained. But with united I have become really involved to that extent, I have committed to myself that I will invest 1000 pounds in MUST (who I am already a member of) if oppurtunity arises (whether you choose to believe that or not).

I don't usually get riled by people like Borsuk (although I usually enjoy in irritating him), yourself, dunk, side red obusing me, since usually I like their posts although I don't admit it Koppas is just funny, whose posts I have enjoyed from the days of fredtissue.

But i do get riled by people like wayne ears (cue abuse) who seem to enjoy giving abuse!!
@#%&!.

Unread 18-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Sparky***

Bravo Trigger, another £#%&!ing awful thread.

Unread 18-03-2010, 02:50 PM
rafabio

Quote:
@#%&!.

Unread 18-03-2010, 02:51 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

As I said there are people worse than you with who come out with anti-United stuff. Sometimes you come out with stuff that shows that you haven't been a fan for long, hence the Eric thing.

Unread 18-03-2010, 02:51 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Bravo Trigger, another £#%&!ing awful thread.
Oh look, a taxi driver is trying to insult me.

Unread 18-03-2010, 02:53 PM
rafabio

Quote:
As I said there are people worse than you with who come out with anti-United stuff. Sometimes you come out with stuff that shows that you haven't been a fan for long, hence the Eric thing.
I don't care. I can accept things like people love Eric and he is a talisman for united. But how can you say that as a pure footballer he was better than zidane and fat ronaldo

Unread 18-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Oh look, a taxi driver is trying to insult me.
Seriously, have another Internet break.

Unread 18-03-2010, 02:54 PM
koppas

Quote:
Seriously, have another Internet break.
I think you need one to be fair. Your life seems to revolve around it. I just come on here when I'm at work.

Unread 18-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I think you need one to be fair. Your life seems to revolve around it. I just come on here when I'm at work.
It doesn't. I'm working at the moment as well.

Unread 18-03-2010, 02:56 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
I don't care. I can accept things like people love Eric and he is a talisman for united. But how can you say that as a pure footballer he was better than zidane and fat ronaldo
I didn't?

How can you say he's not as good as Rooney etc, even though you never really seen Eric?

It was 2 different eras and Eric was brilliant for United at that time, and atm, Rooney is brilliant for United, can't we just acknowledge one was a great player for United, and the other is currently being a great player for United?

The 2 stand out players at United in my lifetime of watching United are Eric and Ronaldo.

Unread 18-03-2010, 02:57 PM
koppas

Quote:
Posting on your phone whilst sat at a taxi rank hardly constitutes work.

Unread 18-03-2010, 02:58 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Using your phone to post whilst driving the public around London?

Reported.

Unread 18-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Posting on your phone whilst sat at a taxi rank hardly constitutes work.
It does when the meter is running.
Closed Thread