United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-03-2023, 05:23 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
this would be a great point if it was based on any sort of evidence other than your weird dislike for shaw.
There was plenty of evidence of him being shit on Sunday.

Unread 07-03-2023, 05:25 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
There was plenty evidence of him being shit on Sunday.
there was plenty of evidence of everyone being a bit shit in the second half. he was good in the first half and we should have scored from his creative work.

Unread 07-03-2023, 06:11 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
there was plenty of evidence of everyone being a bit shit in the second half. he was good in the first half and we should have scored from his creative work.
Glad we agree he was shit.

Unread 07-03-2023, 06:20 PM
Hyman_Roth

Thought ‘heavy set’ shaw was our best player in the 1st half and I’m very much not his biggest fan. Think pickings though as we were quite shit. Shaw not thin obviously.

That 2nd half performance is a difficult one to delete though.

I’d drop him for Malacia.

I’d start Antony but he’s very much under surveillance - needs to meaningfully contribute to something in the matchrather than just doing tricks that wind up opposition players and make our Far Eastern fan base get their camera phones out.

Unread 07-03-2023, 06:25 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Thought ‘heavy set’ shaw was our best player in the 1st half and I’m very much not his biggest fan. Think pickings though as we were quite shit. Shaw not thin obviously.

That 2nd half performance is a difficult one to delete though.

I’d drop him for Malacia.

I’d start Antony but he’s very much under surveillance - needs to meaningfully contribute to something in the matchrather than just doing tricks that wind up opposition players and make our Far Eastern fan base get their camera phones out.
Like scoring the winner against Barcelona last week ?

Unread 07-03-2023, 06:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Like scoring the winner against Barcelona last week ?

Unread 07-03-2023, 06:36 PM
Hyman_Roth

He’s got zero assists in all comps and his crossing is non existent - his only output is passing it back to our full back or coming in on his left and rather predictably having a go from that angle.

It’s clearly not enough however you play it.

Think it’s pretty obvious to most that he’s fairly limited. He may not end up being so limited but so far….

Unread 07-03-2023, 06:37 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Have Shaw and Martinez started together at all this season?

Two left footed centre backs and all that, I just can’t see that happening tbh.

Malacia needs to come in and fatty needs a spell in the reserves after that display on Sunday.
In the second half he probably was the worst player out of them, but they all played horrible . He along with a few other plays look like they desperately need a break or atleast go to playing one week a game.

Shaw was actually alright in the first half , put in a good ball for rashford who should have scored. Don’t know what happened in the second, he set the tempo with the misplaced pass.

I think he should be dropped/rested whatever you want to call it for betis but he’s our first team LB right now and should be back in for the weekend.

ETH will have to start making some big calls because we cannot keep going on playing our full strength side when we play so many games.
Mostly Eriksen (hope he is back soon), sabitzer, malacia, Sancho and martial (if the moron can ever get himself fit) should be playing more in the fa cup and europa .

May even get away with resting varane for lindelof as the Spanish teams tend to play slow possession football .

Revised my team , a lot of second teamers in but they have to play sometime, no point talking about squad depth if you never use it.

AWB
Lindelof
Martinez
Malacia

Sabitzer
Casemiro

Antony
Sancho
Garnacho

Weggy

Unread 07-03-2023, 06:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
He’s got zero assists in all comps and his crossing is non existent - his only output is passing it back to our full back or coming in on his left and rather predictably having a go from that angle.

Think it’s pretty obvious to most that he’s fairly limited. He may not end up being so limited but so far….
Not true.

Unread 07-03-2023, 06:40 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

.....and 6 goals.

He assisted Cass with a great ball as well....

Edit - dunk

Unread 07-03-2023, 06:44 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
.....and 6 goals.

He assisted Cass with a great ball as well....

Edit - dunk
Sorry, I’m wrong, he’s brilliant.

Unread 07-03-2023, 06:46 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Accepted, you've bought into the talksport online narrative.....

Been groomed by the xG crowd, stats over reality ...

You've even made up no assist, or read it and regurgitated it .... Happens...

Sad too read.

Unread 07-03-2023, 06:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
He's got to improve, nqat, but the shit he's getting is OTT. He's a young lad in a new Country and league at a level higher than he's played before. He's doing alright.

Unread 07-03-2023, 06:52 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He's got to improve, nqat, but the shit he's getting is OTT. He's a young lad in a new Country and league at a level higher than he's played before. He's doing alright.
I’m not giving him shit. I’ve never listened to talk sport in my life. Had no idea he was getting pelters. Just think he’s been poor and needs to improve. Would play sancho over him if sancho could be available occasionally.

I like his energy, the shape he gives, his defensive side but his final ball is just so atrocious and it’s critical that it isn’t unfortunately.

I don’t think we bin him.

Unread 07-03-2023, 06:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
I’m not giving him shit. I’ve never listened to talk sport in my life. Had no idea he was getting pelters. Just think he’s been poor and needs to improve. Would play sancho over him if sancho could be available occasionally.

I like his energy, the shape he gives, his defensive side but his final ball is just so atrocious and it’s critical that it isn’t unfortunately.

I don’t think we bin him.
I wasn't referring to you tbf, just in general. Scrutiny comes with the pricetag and United, but Grealish got a year at £100m and nobody said a word when he did £#%&! all and couldn't even get in the City team. Does my head in.

He seems to rush the final ball too often, looks comical at times, but he needs to play to improve, and I believe he will.

Unread 07-03-2023, 07:02 PM
GBMUFC2020

Same team as Barca at home if Big Cas is fit and we can find where Sancho is hiding

Unread 07-03-2023, 07:04 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Accepted, you've bought into the talksport online narrative.....

Been groomed by the xG crowd, stats over reality ...

You've even made up no assist, or read it and regurgitated it .... Happens...

Sad too read.

Unread 07-03-2023, 08:04 PM
Coracao

Antony has an enormous amount to do if he's to stay in this side long-term. Don't really rate his chances off what I've seen thus far tbh.

Seems limited to say the least. I'm not sure finishing off a chance once every 5 or 6 games is really going to cut it when your attacking contribution outside of that is so limited.

It's not even like he is creating a lot and people are missing. His 'expected assists' for his 998 minutes of PL football is 0.5 !

Hopefully he improves, as it is massive outlay for what we have seen thus far.

Unread 07-03-2023, 08:20 PM
Stickman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Antony has an enormous amount to do if he's to stay in this side long-term. Don't really rate his chances off what I've seen thus far tbh.

Seems limited to say the least. I'm not sure finishing off a chance once every 5 or 6 games is really going to cut it when your attacking contribution outside of that is so limited.

It's not even like he is creating a lot and people are missing. His 'expected assists' for his 998 minutes of PL football is 0.5 !

Unread 07-03-2023, 08:51 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That’s actually quite a nice pass . Didn’t remember it being so good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

22 years old in his first season. With a new language and culture . He hasn’t been great but he hasn’t been consistently poor. Some performances have been good others have been bad.

You have to give him atleast 12-18 months . Obviously if he puts in regular poor performances he gets dropped but right now it seems every other game is bad , every other game is good. We have had a good run of 15 wins in our last 21 games. He hasn’t played in all of them of course but he’s hardly hindering the team .

ETH has improved AWB Fred shaw rashford . Give him time to improve Antony too. Doesn’t help he has had a couple injuries this season.
Closed Thread