United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-03-2023, 09:32 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
He’s going to start a team similar to the one that’s been winning nonstop post December.

One game where they all played horrible doesn’t change the fact. Personally I hope he rests a few and focuses a bit on the premier league just so we don’t lose momentum. But yea , he’s gone “full ole” if he plays a player who has been part of a winning side

Unread 08-03-2023, 10:55 AM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Antony was dire at Anfield, lot to learn.

Anyway for Betis;

De Gea

Wan Bissaka
Maguire
Martinez
Malacia

The Scottish Player
Sabitzer
Fernandes (needs a rest but with the fallout from Anfield I think he will start)

Sancho
Weghorst
Garnacho
Need to win this game.

Unread 08-03-2023, 11:04 AM
NedKelly

Have we tried Garnacho up top yet? I know he’s young and inexperienced but he controls the ball so well, could be a good outlet and with his direct approach it might be a goer. More chance of him scoring than Weghorst too. Keep Rashford out on the left where he’s at his best and have Antony or Sancho on the right.

Unread 08-03-2023, 11:40 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Have we tried Garnacho up top yet? I know he’s young and inexperienced but he controls the ball so well, could be a good outlet and with his direct approach it might be a goer. More chance of him scoring than Weghorst too. Keep Rashford out on the left where he’s at his best and have Antony or Sancho on the right.
Could be a shout against betis. They won’t be the most physical? He does get bundled off the ball very easily. It’s a shame we don’t have an academy player(not rashford) who we can bring up and give a chance in the Europa.

Edit. Just had a look, Joe hughill last played against Chelsea U-21s . What’s more telling is the U21s didn’t even have a striker on the bench McNeil is on loan, can’t think of any others of the top of my head.

I’d atleast call him up to the subs. Maybe if we are winning throw him on against betis in the last 15 to see what he can do. Atleast we have a recognised striker on the bench then

Unread 08-03-2023, 01:07 PM
Coracao

Quote:
His forte is running at people, space allowing. Doubt he'd be in the game much at all as a focal point of an attack. He isn't physically developed and wouldn't appear to play to his strengths.

Unread 08-03-2023, 02:17 PM
armchair

Sabitzer out, apparently.

Quote:
Ahead of Thursday's first leg, which kicks off at 20:00 GMT, the boss conducted his interview with club media at Carrington and said Austria international Marcel Sabitzer will not be available,
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detai...ur ce=twitter

Unread 08-03-2023, 02:27 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Oh ffs

And of course, No Martial. Now missing his tenth game in a row.

Unread 08-03-2023, 02:35 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Oh ffs

https://twitter.com/utdplug/status/1...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

And of course, No Martial. Now missing his tenth game in a row.
He'll be gone in the summer, thank god. A complete waste of time

Unread 08-03-2023, 02:36 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
When asked further about Martial, Ten Hag continued: “He is working so hard to get back match fit for us. With the cold weather, sometimes he feels it in his knees and he doesn’t want to exacerbate his injury. He is regularly bathing - every few hours - his legs in warm water, and was excited at his aches subsiding yesterday. He called me to tell me he thinks he’s getting better. Who knows? Maybe two, three weeks, and he’ll be available.”
Unbelievable.

Unread 08-03-2023, 02:39 PM
dunk

Wtf? that has to be satire? Man’s got DOMS?

Hargreaves/Saha all over again ffs.

Unread 08-03-2023, 02:55 PM
AK14

Quote:
Unbelievable.
Ffs

Unread 08-03-2023, 03:51 PM
GBMUFC2020

May as well give elanga a go, at least he has the pace to go outside or through the middle.
revised team

David

Wan bassaka
Varane
Martinez
Shaw

Casermiro
Bruno
Fred

Elanga
Rashford
Garnacho

Unread 08-03-2023, 04:15 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Wtf? that has to be satire? Man’s got DOMS?

Hargreaves/Saha all over again ffs.
Oh Dunk…

Unread 08-03-2023, 04:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Oh Dunk…
Nothing would shock with him tbf.

Unread 09-03-2023, 07:53 PM
Dr Stranger

Same eleven. Redemption Reds

Unread 09-03-2023, 07:57 PM
dunk

Glad he’s listening. I trust rotten fruit and veg has been provided for those around the tunnel.

Unread 09-03-2023, 08:14 PM
atticusgrinch

Need 2 positives here. One to cancel out the Sunday negative, and one just so i can have a positive.

Unread 09-03-2023, 08:38 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Looks like he’s gone full Ole.

Unread 09-03-2023, 08:49 PM
Pop

Joaquín. £#%&!ing hell, I remember Utd being linked with him on Clubcall.

42 btw.
Closed Thread