Maguire
Shaw

Axel
The Scottish Player
Pogba

Jesse
Martial
Rashers
£#%&! me, it's started first game of the season. Square pegs in round holes straight from the off!!

Unread 08-08-2019, 07:40 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
£#%&! me, it's started first game of the season. Square pegs in round holes straight from the off!!
How are you feeling about the season Whaley?

Unread 08-08-2019, 07:41 PM
AK14

Quote:

Saw your post and thought I’d drop in a line...

Seriously though I think I’d rather Axel there over Matic who just seems to be £#%&!ed now and I’d much prefer The Scottish Player further forward/don’t trust Fred

Unread 08-08-2019, 07:44 PM
My Name is Heath

Dave

Eugene Terre’blanche
Aldi Thor
Slytherin Stopper
Gary Barlow

Adolf Hitler
The Scottish Player
Pogba

Jesse
Martial
Rashers

Possibly Mata in for Jesse ?

Unread 08-08-2019, 07:45 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
How are you feeling about the season Whaley?
I see little point bothering with it tbh. I'd love to see the likes of Greenwood and Gomes actually get decent chances, Axel too, but just don't see it and tbh not sure it's fair on them given the actual shit fest that'll be the midfield. Pogba on his day will be good but he'll still be hit and miss, the rest are either past it or shite.

Actually The Scottish Player is half decent but it sounds like we will be relying on him an awful lot this season. Which is ridiculous.

As said elswhere when opportunities arise for the kids to play I'm expecting Ole to give games to the senior pros, who should have been binned this window. Don't see how Axel gets to play with the likes of Smalling, Jones and Rojo around. Don't see Ole being that ruthless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Saw your post and thought I’d drop in a line...

Seriously though I think I’d rather Axel there over Matic who just seems to be £#%&!ed now and I’d much prefer The Scottish Player further forward/don’t trust Fred
I don't see The Scottish Player as a sitting midfielder so in a pair with Pogba, in the PL, any opposition will just tell someone to exploit the gaps behind them (there'll be £#%&!ing plenty).

Matic is crap, legs have gone and they weren't really there to begin with (when we signed him). There's a player in Fred just not a United one, he looks shit scared every time he's on the pitch.

Unread 08-08-2019, 07:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I see little point bothering with it tbh. I'd love to see the likes of Greenwood and Gomes actually get decent chances, Axel too, but just don't see it and tbh not sure it's fair on them given the actual shit fest that'll be the midfield. Pogba on his day will be good but he'll still be hit and miss, the rest are either past it or shite.

Actually The Scottish Player is half decent but it sounds like we will be relying on him an awful lot this season. Which is ridiculous.

As said elswhere when opportunities arise for the kids to play I'm expecting Ole to give games to the senior pros, who should have been binned this window. Don't see how Axel gets to play with the likes of Smalling, Jones and Rojo around. Don't see Ole being that ruthless.

I don't see The Scottish Player as a sitting midfielder so in a pair with Pogba, in the PL, any opposition will just tell someone to exploit the gaps behind them (there'll be £#%&!ing plenty).

Matic is crap, legs have gone and they weren't really there to begin with (when we signed him). There's a player in Fred just not a United one, he looks shit scared every time he's on the pitch.
Get off to a bad start and you won't see the kids apart from the cup competitions. Because he'll be under pressure and revert to safety first of the likes of Young, Mata, Matic and Sanchez.

Unread 08-08-2019, 07:50 PM
Part 36 Offer

Holding midfield is the concern. We don't have one do we? Matic is £#%&!ing done. His legs are shot the lanky @#%&!.

Unread 08-08-2019, 07:50 PM
Knockers

Quote:

My mind might be playing tricks on me because I was £#%&!ered at the time, but wasn’t the 11 that finished the PSG game insanely young? Ole had the minerals to throw the kids in at the crunch in our biggest game in ages.

You could argue he was assuming we were already out but whevs.

Unread 08-08-2019, 07:51 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Holding midfield is the concern. We don't have one do we? Matic is £#%&!ing done. His legs are shot the lanky @#%&!.
watching The Scottish Player pre season i might have to revise my initial assessment of him because he's starting to show signs of being a player

Unread 08-08-2019, 07:58 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
My mind might be playing tricks on me because I was £#%&!ered at the time, but wasn’t the 11 that finished the PSG game insanely young? Ole had the minerals to throw the kids in at the crunch in our biggest game in ages.

You could argue he was assuming we were already out but whevs.
Could be right, and I hope he does, but ideally I think you'd want them in alongside some solid senior players. We possible have a decent first choice defence now and that's a start but midfield is that bad I don't see United being in a position to control most games. If you do that (IMO) you have a better chance of winning a game. That'll give them confidence, and the manager confidence to stick with them.

As said above a few shit results - and I wouldn't back this United squad to beat Chelsea and Wolves - and I can see the kids being bench at best. Hope I'm wrong, really do.

Unread 08-08-2019, 08:07 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Dave

Eugene Terre’blanche
Aldi Thor
Slytherin Stopper
Gary Barlow

Adolf Hitler
The Scottish Player
Pogba

Jesse
Martial
Rashers

Possibly Mata in for Jesse ?

Unread 08-08-2019, 08:20 PM
woody78

Dave

Bissaka
Linders
Slab
Shaw

The Scottish Player
Fred
Pogba

Lingard /sanchez
Martial
Rashford

Unread 08-08-2019, 08:42 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
watching The Scottish Player pre season i might have to revise my initial assessment of him because he's starting to show signs of being a player
haha me too mate. But who else will play in there with him and Pogba?

Fred and Matic are utter shite and Pereira cannot be relied upon can he? Talented but is he that good?

Unread 08-08-2019, 08:50 PM
Clownbones

I think we'll almost certainly end up playing a defender in midfield this season.

It'll be just like the good old days of Alan Smith and Rio covering Keane when his legs went.

Unread 08-08-2019, 08:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
haha me too mate. But who else will play in there with him and Pogba?

Fred and Matic are utter shite and Pereira cannot be relied upon can he? Talented but is he that good?
No, Pereira is a bit of a nothing player. Can take a good free kick but that's about it. Fred is an utterly pointless gary coleman and Matic is what he is.

I think it's essential we have The Scottish Player in there to do Pogba's donkey work for him. The lad also looks to have an eye for a decent pass as well which I didn't think he had.

Unread 08-08-2019, 09:00 PM
dunk

Back 3 of Lindelof, Maguire and Tuanzebe, Shaw And AWB wing backing and just 2 from 5 shitheads in front of them, then Pogba, Martial and Rashford.

Unread 08-08-2019, 09:01 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
I think we'll almost certainly end up playing a defender in midfield this season.

It'll be just like the good old days of Alan Smith and Rio covering Keane when his legs went.
Tbf Phil Jones probably played his best games for us in midfield

Unread 08-08-2019, 09:23 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Back 3 of Lindelof, Maguire and Tuanzebe, Shaw And AWB wing backing and just 2 from 5 shitheads in front of them, then Pogba, Martial and Rashford.
Don’t know if we have the full backs to use that formation tbh, great at defending (well AWB is) but not sure they can offer enough going forward?

Unread 08-08-2019, 09:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Don’t know if we have the full backs to use that formation tbh, great at defending (well AWB is) but not sure they can offer enough going forward?
Don’t think we have much choice given the number of CBs and the lack of CMs tbh.
Closed Thread